• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] PC for the VERY UO first Holiday Bag (December 1997) ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are talking about 12 years ago and when it all started, 1997........

http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/items_holiday.shtml
(of course, being the very first Holiday bag offered in the game it is the one at the top of the Stratics' list....)

What would be worth a complete Holiday bag given in December 1997, the very first such Holiday bag ever offered in the game ? A bag that looks today just as it was in December 1997, some 12 years ago, with all of the contents in it........

We are talking about a piece of the history of the game here........

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A bag that looks today just as it was in December 1997, some 12 years ago, with all of the contents in it........

ARE YOU SURE IT HASN'T CHANGED?

I actually would pay more if it were void colored now....

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sucks they cant be locked down.

I still have my full naughty bag.
for a few years the coal was renamed to iron ore, but it got fixed after a while.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sucks they cant be locked down.

I still have my full naughty bag.
for a few years the coal was renamed to iron ore, but it got fixed after a while.

you can lock the bag down, set access to anyone and then put the items like coal and naughty ticket in the bag so anyone can open the bag and see the items and the items will then be locked and will not disappear

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beware that people can dye bags and backpacks that are set to public. So if you dont care about the color or have a back up dye tub then its no big deal unless its a rare color like the rem glor bag.

J

Jasonleebeck

We are talking about 12 years ago and when it all started, 1997........

http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/items_holiday.shtml
(of course, being the very first Holiday bag offered in the game it is the one at the top of the Stratics' list....)

What would be worth a complete Holiday bag given in December 1997, the very first such Holiday bag ever offered in the game ? A bag that looks today just as it was in December 1997, some 12 years ago, with all of the contents in it........

I could imagine paying upto 25mil for a complete bag of what was given and the bag itself, regardless of the color, or the karma of the bag.

I paid in total about 20mil to make a set...working on making my 6th set to complete all +/-karma gifts.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Complete bag will fetch more than 25M, take it to the rares festival if your happen to be going. I sold the regular bag at the last one for 25M and the naughty always sells for more.

Oh sorry I saw the naughty bag in the thread. 25M for regular is probably what you can get for the nice happy holidays bag complete.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could imagine paying upto 25mil for a complete bag of what was given and the bag itself, regardless of the color, or the karma of the bag.

One thing I have a hard time to understand, is why a regularly spawning item (though at a low drop rate) like for example, the Tangle, can fetch a value of like 60-70 millions and instead, items which are 12 years old and are part of the starting history of Ultima Online, this bag being the very first Holiday gift being an example, but others could be also made, can fetch only a fraction of this value.

Sure, demand and offer, items like the Tangle having a practical usefullness in the game but still, I would have imagined that age like 12 years and being part of the history of the game for being the very first Holday gifts ever offered in the game could have meant a higher value for players.

Oh well.......

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tangle will be dropped ON bank floors in 2-3 years time...LOL

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I have a hard time to understand, is why a regularly spawning item (though at a low drop rate) like for example, the Tangle, can fetch a value of like 60-70 millions and instead, items which are 12 years old and are part of the starting history of Ultima Online, this bag being the very first Holiday gift being an example, but others could be also made, can fetch only a fraction of this value.

Sure, demand and offer, items like the Tangle having a practical usefullness in the game but still, I would have imagined that age like 12 years and being part of the history of the game for being the very first Holday gifts ever offered in the game could have meant a higher value for players.

Oh well.......
The bag isn't as desirable as some due to the fact that it is newbied and you can not easily showcase the pieces for display. Rares prices has several factors to decide their pricing and age isn't the only one. You have to look at their rarity, age, show ability, popularity and/or how functional it is. While the bag is old and you don't see many complete bags for sale, it isn't highly desired by many collectors for display which is what keeps its price lower than you expect, but still at a respectable 25m or so.

Items that still spawn will drop in value over time. When the Archdemon statues first came out, they went for 75m, not I see them for less than 15m on Atlantic. This is the way it works. In the beginning its supply and demand. Everyone wants the latest stuff to decorate/use and are willing to pay higher amounts.