• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paypal no longer an option?

G

So, today I was going to buy a new 90 day code for one of my accounts. I have 25 days before it expires, but wanted to make sure I got the code in time. Of course because of previous experience with how fast they email me the codes...

To my surprise, I can no longer see Paypal as an option to pay, according to this screenie.

Does anyone know what is up with this? Do I have to quit playing, because I can't pay with Paypal anymore? Could someone else who use Paypal please check?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Can you no longer buy game time card with your paypal account?

G

I always bought the code directly from EA, via my Paypal. I have never bought codes from anywhere else. I used to have 3 options on that page. Credit Card, Game time card and Paypal. Now the last option is gone. I am sure I can still send money to EA with my Paypal as before (and hopefully I'll receive the code before account expires). I was just surprised to see the link was gone, as if Paypal is no longer an option.

I know where to go, to find out what info I need. New players may not, and the link to the customer support pages, where the procedure is explained, would be handy.

G

I believe you can go to http://www.gametimecodes.com and buy a code, though I am not 100% sure that you can do so through Paypal. They are using Paypal for cash-in options, so I don't see any reason they would have totally removed Paypal as a means to pay for game time, *unless* they have done so JUST TEMPORARILY to keep people from using it while they try to figure out why so many people were having a hard time with it. Features sometimes have to be taken offline to be debugged in other games I play, also. I really think you should check into some of those prepaid Visa/MC sites though, even if they have a monthly fee attached to them....paying the small fee might be worth it to ensure your peace of mind that you won't go through withdrawls when it comes time to play the game, and you could use that prepaid debit account for other things also, making the fee more worth it since it's not *just* for TSO payments. You said you still have 25 days left though, so there's enough time to do some investigating and get some answers before the threat of withdrawl hits.....I just know how frustrated you were last time and don't want to see you hit that brick wall again, so thought this might be a way to avoid it

G

Unfortunately, that site is in German, and mine is a tad bit rusty
Every page I tried to enter, came up with a 'page cannot be displayed'. I haven't been able to find a prepaid Visa/Debitcard here.

I have entered my info to send money via Paypal now. Hopefully I'll get the code in time.

G

This is the site I used before- http://www.eagamecode.com/store/index.asp .

It's all in English, and I got the code about 5 minutes after I entered my payment information-- but I will warn that I ended up having to contact customer service to have them apply the code because it wouldn't accept it online. That was not the most fun I've ever had.

If you do end up having trouble, rumor has it that Parizad can apply the code for you though if you ask her nicely and cross your sims heart and hope to die that you promise to tell everyone how awesome she is.

G

Oh yes, I've been there too. I just can't use it, since "The TSO Gamecodes Store accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express". I don't have any of those. Paypal is so far my only option.

P

Paula777

if you still wanna use the gametimecodes.com site, you can chose a language in the menue on the right, right under login

G

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately, that site is in German, and mine is a tad bit rusty
Every page I tried to enter, came up with a 'page cannot be displayed'. I haven't been able to find a prepaid Visa/Debitcard here.

I have entered my info to send money via Paypal now. Hopefully I'll get the code in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a quick google search and came up with a question that was asked about a UK site for prepaid Visa/MC on a yahoo based bulletin board. This URL was given in response. It's a UK website, so naturally would be open for UK residence, but naturally it does have a small monthly fee attached to it, but according to the original post on the yahoo BB I found, *all* the prepaid Visa/MC do have monthly fees, which really sucks and should be brought up to your government there.

Anyway, had some free time and thought I'd see if you'd checked out this site, like I said if it were I in another country it'd be worth it to know that I wouldn't have to deal with the possibilities of sim DT's over billing issues, and with everything going on at EA at the moment, I don't think their response to the issue is going to be very prompt....it isn't for problems in the US either, and that is their main base of operations, so don't feel bad, LOL

Let me know what you think of that site and whether or not you end up signing up for one of the cards.....you and any other UK player that is stuck with Paypal atm for that matter.

G

Paula, I tried a lot of links on that site, also clicking to access the English one. It just didn't work. I kept getting 'page cannot be displayed'.

Thank you Carrie, but I can't sign up for it. I would have to be living in the UK, and I'm not. I've yet to find a card in my own country, which is Norway. I have done quite a bit of searching. Most of the sites I find offer prepaid credit cards, and I'm not interested in that. If I wanted a credit card, I would have it by now.

As you said, I have 25 days left. Only time will tell if EA will send me the code before then.

G

FWIW, pre-paid credit cards are actually a pretty good deal for those who can't or won't get a real credit card. They're accepted everywhere just like real cards, and you can keep refilling it as needed. In essence, the pre-paid credit card becomes a refillable game time card, without any of the problems between Paypal and EA.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Paula, I tried a lot of links on that site, also clicking to access the English one. It just didn't work. I kept getting 'page cannot be displayed'.

Thank you Carrie, but I can't sign up for it. I would have to be living in the UK, and I'm not. I've yet to find a card in my own country, which is Norway. I have done quite a bit of searching. Most of the sites I find offer prepaid credit cards, and I'm not interested in that. If I wanted a credit card, I would have it by now.

As you said, I have 25 days left. Only time will tell if EA will send me the code before then.

[/ QUOTE ]

D'oh! LOL for some reason I was thinking you were in the UK
I'll try to modify my search to "Norway" instead of "UK" and see what I come up with, but yeah Katheryne is right, a prepaid credit card (which is the same exact thing as a debit card, and not really a *credit card* at all) is very handy for those who's banks don't do Visa check cards (raises hand, my bank is very small and doesn't and I AM in the US
, but I love being recognized when I go in just by sight and not having to wait behind 20 customers to get waited on by a teller, so I consider it a good trade off), or you don't have a regular credit card. I can relate to refusing to get a credit card too, even if hubby and I could get a regular one we would not, its just TOO easy to get in debt that way...but the prepaid cards are different because if you have not put money on the card, you cannot spend money with it, period, so there's no debt. I'll do everything I can to help you find a card that is available to citizens of Norway, and I hope you decide to go that way ultimately to avoid future headaches for yourself, versus quitting the game....I don't wanna see you quit
and I know you really don't *want* to quit.

P

Paula777

well since you can't get a gamecard and got paypal ur credit rating can't be so bad. just apply for a credit card at ur local bank or online.

european players have never had the option of paying tso through paypal.

G

<blockquote><hr>

well since you can't get a gamecard and got paypal ur credit rating can't be so bad. just apply for a credit card at ur local bank or online.

european players have never had the option of paying tso through paypal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they have, but I've never seen that option on the screen that was screenshotted....I just never questioned how it was done because I've never wanted or needed to pay through Paypal other than using my Paypal debit card. I always thought you had to send in payment through your Paypal page to a specific Paypal addy that I saw, though I didn't take note of what the Paypal address was. I do remember though that when I signed up the only two options on the page that Lady Katherine took the screen shot of was GTC and Credit/Debit Card, just as it is in the screen shot. I wish now that I'd taken note of that Paypal addy so that I could post it and people would at least have the option of trying to send payment to that address and see if they'd get a response back that way without going through the website.

P

Paula777

no i haven't. but i did ask parizad a while back in community pub and she said european players might have that option someday. she didn't give a specific answer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

no i haven't. but i did ask parizad a while back in community pub and she said european players might have that option someday. she didn't give a specific answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

But LadyKat and some others HAVE been paying with Paypal for a good amount of time. From that answer does that mean with the inception of EA Land that they *know* this option has been removed but that from the 'might have that option someday' that the option might be given *back* to them? It sounds like that might be where you got that European players have never been able to pay through Paypal, but they have up until very recently, which is where the confusion has come from. If what I'm thinking is true, then it sounds like getting one of those pre-paid cards, or at the very least sending the money through paypal to a friend in the US and having them buy you a time code through the gametimecode site (with a debit card, since the majority of US players probably have one) might be the only option. Not everybody has a friend that they would trust to do that with though, so it could lead to some people getting scammed if they go to someone that they don't know well enough. Ugh.

G

(I used to pay with PayPal. These are the instructions I found for payment options to EALand on the EA.com website. They would send me an email with a code to use for payment.)

There are two ways to pay for your The Sims Online account:

Credit Card: You can pay online with your credit card by applying a billing option to your TSO account.
PayPal: If you would like to pay with PayPal, please follow these instructions.

Players of The Sims Online can now take advantage of their PayPal accounts to pay for your accounts! If you do not have a PayPal account, but were looking for a new option to pay for your subscription, you can create a free PayPal account.

Once your account is created, login to PayPal.
Once logged in, click the Send Money tab listed at the top of the page.
In the Recipients Email box, please enter [email protected] for Sims Online.
In the Amount ($) box, please enter the amount to be transferred to us for payment.
For The Sims Online, the payment amount for 30 days of game time is $13.99 USD. 90 days of game time is $38.99 USD.
At the Type box, please choose Service from the pull down menu.
In the Subject line, please enter the amount of game time that you are going to be purchasing and the name of the game. (Example: 30 Days of Sims Online).
In the Note field, please verify the amount that you are sending us and your EA Screen Name. (Example: I am sending $13.99 for 30 days of The Sims Online).

Click the Continue button. Once the payment has been sent, please allow 24 hours for processing of your game time request. You will be e-mailed back at the address you have listed for your PayPal account once the transaction is complete.

NOTE: All purchases through PayPal are final. No refunds are allowed. Please send in the EXACT amount specified.

D

dirndingle

I wonder why it's four dollars more to get the code through Paypal versus just buying one normally?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wonder why it's four dollars more to get the code through Paypal versus just buying one normally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Paypal charges EA fees, just as they do with cash-out which is why you get less simoleans, so EA does what companies normally do and trickles down those fees to the customer, probably in the hopes that they will bite the bullet and get a credit card, debit card, or prepaid Visa/MC. That's a common business tactic, make a certain service a 'premium' rate, as if to say 'OK, if you insist on doing it this way, it's gonna cost you' LOL

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

(I used to pay with PayPal. These are the instructions I found for payment options to EALand on the EA.com website. They would send me an email with a code to use for payment.)

There are two ways to pay for your The Sims Online account:

Credit Card: You can pay online with your credit card by applying a billing option to your TSO account.
PayPal: If you would like to pay with PayPal, please follow these instructions.

Players of The Sims Online can now take advantage of their PayPal accounts to pay for your accounts! If you do not have a PayPal account, but were looking for a new option to pay for your subscription, you can create a free PayPal account.

Once your account is created, login to PayPal.
Once logged in, click the Send Money tab listed at the top of the page.
In the Recipients Email box, please enter [email protected] for Sims Online.
In the Amount ($) box, please enter the amount to be transferred to us for payment.
For The Sims Online, the payment amount for 30 days of game time is $13.99 USD. 90 days of game time is $38.99 USD.
At the Type box, please choose Service from the pull down menu.
In the Subject line, please enter the amount of game time that you are going to be purchasing and the name of the game. (Example: 30 Days of Sims Online).
In the Note field, please verify the amount that you are sending us and your EA Screen Name. (Example: I am sending $13.99 for 30 days of The Sims Online).

Click the Continue button. Once the payment has been sent, please allow 24 hours for processing of your game time request. You will be e-mailed back at the address you have listed for your PayPal account once the transaction is complete.

NOTE: All purchases through PayPal are final. No refunds are allowed. Please send in the EXACT amount specified.

[/ QUOTE ]Just bumping this because I called EA this past Tuesday and asked if paying through PayPal was still allowed, and was told yes. I followed the instructions, and sent them the 13.99, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Anyone know what the approximate turnaround time usually is when paying this way?

I would have assumed that EA would at least have sent me an autorespond email by now?

G

I did that once and had to send them a reminder email that I have paid and want my account credited. Due to that delay I have gotten a credit card that is linked to paypal and use that instead. No additional fees and only pay the 9.99 price. Just an idea if you want to use paypal. Sign up for a paypal debit card.

I

imported_Trudymac

Thanks

What email address did you send the reminder to?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just bumping this because I called EA this past Tuesday and asked if paying through PayPal was still allowed, and was told yes. I followed the instructions, and sent them the 13.99, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Anyone know what the approximate turnaround time usually is when paying this way?

I would have assumed that EA would at least have sent me an autorespond email by now?

[/ QUOTE ]
It has been 13 days since I paid (February 25) and I still haven't heard anything. Their turnaround time is apparently quite long. I have just sent a reminder, and will do so again in a couple of days.

On the customer support pages, log in to 'My stuff'. Click 'Contact us' and fill in the form. That will hopefully make them aware of your issue. Just be aware that Paypal users often have to hunt down customer support and contact them at least every other day, to get billing issues solved. I have lost a lot of gametime because of this.

Here are the emails I have found: [email protected] and [email protected]

To Oakley Latrellia: If you live outside the US, like I do, the Paypal debit card is not an option. They wont allow any non-US citizens to sign up for it.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lady..If it don't get worked out before your simmie is do to go off, I have an account that you can create a sim or 2 and play until it all gets worked out..Just let me know in game.

G

Ugh - I ony just seen this

FFS Kathy - I do hope they aren't taking the Paypoo payment option away

Can you let me know if and when you get a reply or your code please
Lubs ya

*goes off to check how long I have left on my accounts*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lady..If it don't get worked out before your simmie is do to go off, I have an account that you can create a sim or 2 and play until it all gets worked out..Just let me know in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, don't forget the PM I sent you offering help if you need it too
. We're all in this together, as I see it.....if we can't get help from e-mail support then we can just help each other as much as we are able to

G

Thanks Carrie, I haven't forgotten
I still have a few days left yet, and hopefully I'll get a reply from customer support before my account expires.

Shirl, I do have a second account I use, so I won't be running out of sims to play any time soon
Thank you very much for the offer *hugs* oohh I better check that one, so I won't run out of time on that too

Uk, I don't think they're taking the option to pay by Paypal away. As Trudymac said:
-- Just bumping this because I called EA this past Tuesday and asked if paying through PayPal was still allowed, and was told yes. --

What I noticed was that the option was gone from the 'change billing method' page. So that got me wondering...I know how to send payments, because I've done it before, and know where to look for info. NEW players may NOT know where to look for it on the support pages. That's what struck me. All they see on that page would be Game Time Card and Credit Card. Not Paypal. What I would want to know, is why it has been taken away there.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Just bumping this because I called EA this past Tuesday and asked if paying through PayPal was still allowed, and was told yes. I followed the instructions, and sent them the 13.99, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
It has been 13 days since I paid (February 25) and I still haven't heard anything. Their turnaround time is apparently quite long. I have just sent a reminder, and will do so again in a couple of days.

On the customer support pages, log in to 'My stuff'. Click 'Contact us' and fill in the form. That will hopefully make them aware of your issue. Just be aware that Paypal users often have to hunt down customer support and contact them at least every other day, to get billing issues solved. I have lost a lot of gametime because of this.

Here are the emails I have found: [email protected] and [email protected]

To Oakley Latrellia: If you live outside the US, like I do, the Paypal debit card is not an option. They wont allow any non-US citizens to sign up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you!

I will email them.

When you say customer support page, do you mean at ea.com or is there one specifically for TSO/EA Land?

G

This is the one I use: Clickety

To open a support ticket, click 'Contact us'. You will be prompted to log into your account there, so click 'contact' again. Fill out the form, and submit. Your ticket will be listed in the 'My Questions' under My Stuff. When EA support updates with a reply, you'll get an email to let you know. This question can be updated with further information if they ask for it, or just to remind them about your issue.

Some times I feel we have to 'hunt them down', but once they contact you back, they are usually very professional and able to help you. I do have my favorites