• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Payouts

• Thread starter imported_Imasim
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Imasim

I don't want to believe that Maxis would do this to players who have stayed and played even when they weren't even updating their own website, but with the very low payouts and the introduction of the ATM it feels like Maxis just want to line their own pockets even more. Jams are only paying $9 dollars with a about 9 in skills. How do they expect the players to afford to even make the custom content they are promising when the payouts are so low, except to use the ATM which goes directly into Maxis already very deep pockets.

I

imported_Qute Pi

The low payouts are supposed to be temporary...

I could see how you would feel that way, but the payout system on single money items has changed. It's now not only based off of skill and the number of players doing the same item, but also is changed based on how many people are using that item throughout ea land.

I believe..if more people are using paintings and no one is using gnomes, higher payouts will show on the gnomes. Or something along those lines...I'm sure someone will clarify if I'm wrong lol.
Hang in there!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Last I checked, payouts were down on all money objects and the diner job. Robot job was same. Has anyone checked nightclub jobs?

G

<blockquote><hr>

How do they expect the players to afford to even make the custom content they are promising when the payouts are so low, except to use the ATM which goes directly into Maxis already very deep pockets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall predicting something like this a little while ago... and I don't expect it to change much, very quickly, if at all.

G

Yes payouts are down all around and the prices of everything keep going up. Yes I think they want us to use the ATM's. I can not afford to use the ATM's. I think it is a form of cheating. Would not use them even if I had the money. The other day it cost me 105 to make 1 copy of custom content. Today it was over 1400 for 1 copy. I do not know what everyone else is doing but I think I am quitting TSO. The game is no fun any more. I was never a rich sim before ea land but If I recall I did do pretty well without all the so called ea land perks. I say, Boycot ATM's and custom content for a day for a day or 2 just to even out the economy. BAN BOTS they ruin the enconomy. Who said life was fair. I guess TSO is no different.

G

From the blog posted 2nd Feb

<blockquote><hr>

This does not mean that the payout for the skill objects will continue to decrease. They are very low at the moment because of the war against the bots. I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've bolded the relevant portion.

Polly

R

Roger Wilco

That quote would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Five years and they still don't even begin to understand "bots".

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

That quote would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Five years and they still don't even begin to understand "bots".

[/ QUOTE ]

5 years? lol
I would consider it maybe 2 years, since thats about the amount of time they've spent on the game entirely. lol.
Even so...I get your point...and it is sad.

A

Aelisa

As a career waitress, I'm very disappointed about the loss in wages. I thought, early on, that one of the devs said job pay wouldn't be changed. *sigh*

I have informed the Service Workers Union Local 235 of this outrage.

This time they've gone too far... TOO FAR I tell ya!

I

imported_corpatortis

There is no real need for you to purchase money unless you want things RIGHT NOW. Personally I don't find it that crucial to get a number 1 house going with all the testing going on.

You still have means to earn money. It only seems slow because you are used to the old TSO.

Let's face it guys.. virtual money sales are all over. I'm sure most of you have been involved in a deal or two. You won't have to buy.. and you can sell what you earn. Cashing out is a good way to maintain cash flow. It also gives people a reason to keep playing even if their friends are not online.

Who here doesn't want a few extra bucks?

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol I'll take a 45 minute survey for $2.00 so I'm right on board when it comes to making simoleans to sell back to ea...lol.

Now if only we could sell back!

I

imported_corpatortis

lol. I just think it's good for the people who have fun and the people who want some cash to be able to play however they want.

Now EA is no longer banning this aspect of the game. The simoleans would be bought and sold whether EA embraced it or not. It's been that way for a long time. At least now you have the option to not get scammed.

F

festrmentmagnet

I did pretty well yesterday as dancer with like 2 in body skill.

P

princessofsh

I don't know about you guys...but....I like to earn my money....I have learned the hard way of buying simoleans (believe me I have) and it just doesn't seem worth it to me. It seems to be worth every penny if you get the money yourself...you know?

A

AshleyTSO

<blockquote><hr>

Last I checked, payouts were down on all money objects and the diner job. Robot job was same. Has anyone checked nightclub jobs?

[/ QUOTE ]

For one round dancing at the nightclub I got 126, definitely more then I made working at the diner.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

It think that players are a bit too dependent on money objects.

There are many other ways to make simoleans other than money objects. You can start a company (store) or other lots and charge for services. Of course you need money to start but look at the custom content creators. They started out with $500 and now people like Thrill are making the most money in EA Land
).

I hope that the devs add a feature for lot owners/roomies to hire people to work for them via a contract which would pay the $ automatically every hour or agreed upon time for a agreed upon salary from the employers sim. Im sure the player created jobs would pay more than a money object or a regular job.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Yes payouts are down all around and the prices of everything keep going up. Yes I think they want us to use the ATM's. I can not afford to use the ATM's. I think it is a form of cheating. Would not use them even if I had the money. The other day it cost me 105 to make 1 copy of custom content. Today it was over 1400 for 1 copy. I do not know what everyone else is doing but I think I am quitting TSO. The game is no fun any more. I was never a rich sim before ea land but If I recall I did do pretty well without all the so called ea land perks. I say, Boycot ATM's and custom content for a day for a day or 2 just to even out the economy. BAN BOTS they ruin the enconomy. Who said life was fair. I guess TSO is no different.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand the custom content upload structure they have not raised anything. There is a set price per kb of the file you upload. The larger the file size, the more you pay.

G

gamdaaf

It interests me how anyone could not be worried by this attack on making money. If the non CC makers cant make maone there will be nobody to buy cc.

G

Well, I'm gonna make my money the old-fashioned way: Wait for the "top lot" competition to get so fierce that they start buying simoleans and handing them out as payouts.

N

NightFlyer

Maybe EA expects all players to purchase simoleons for all things TSO?

If what I see ingame is any indication of how many players are against the buying of game money for real life money they will be sorely disappointed.

The inability to make any decent money may be temporary or not as we never know with EA and the decisions they make off the cuff.

If they were truely interested in expanding the player base, as Luc has stated, I think they are way off track by alienating the players they already have as a base.

With all the errors, bugs, set backs, delays, nerfing and lack of understanding about how the players actually play TSO I'll be surprised to see what's here in a year.

Maybe by then they will actually get the cities merged.

I won't be holding my breath.

Oh, and go for it! Flame away. LOL

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

It interests me how anyone could not be worried by this attack on making money. If the non CC makers cant make maone there will be nobody to buy cc.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I find it hard but fun for some reason. However, im sure that they will increase the payouts soon.

I myself have no more than $300 on all 3 of my EA Land sims.

But I invested in some cheap real estate so im hopping once the cities merge and people being to make some profit. Someone will buy one of the grass water lots and grass peninsulas that i bought.

If we just hold out a bit longer I'm sure we will see an increase. Nothing to die over yet. Just enjoy being dirt poor.

I mean it was not much for (at least for me) when I have $600 mill in AV. Their was no challenge. I actually like being poor lol.

F

festrmentmagnet

Yah, at least now I may actually make it all the way to the top of the dancer job track.

I didn't need a job before, but now it's kind of fun trying to make it to the top.

N

NightFlyer

With money objects so low you at least have some incentive to move up the jobs ladder. Have fun with it!

Many of us don't do sim jobs. There is no incentive to even skill up at this point.

This might be a good time for a break from the game. For myself I mean, not anyone else.