• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

payouts vs real estate prices

• Thread starter swissmoonbeam
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

swissmoonbeam

Ok, so I'm a bit angry at the moment, because I noticed that real estate prices just went up about 5x!! since this morning...but not only that. THey cut the payouts in half again!

How can you cut payouts and raise prices on things?? Shouldn't they either both go up or both go down?? Hmmm...i'm a bit confused. I don't usually rant about stuff...but I almost bought a lot this morning for maybe $600, and now it's over $3000 and I can't afford it.

I know, you snooze you lose....but do they know what they're doing??

G

Size 0 is what free accounts will be limited to...anybody with a size 0 care to post a screenshot of how big it actually is?

G

its control of the economy, a drain.

if people spend more money on lots and are less able to make money, then it will drain some out of the city, which i think is awesome because the other cities were out of control with money

S

swissmoonbeam

Well it's not gonna make me spend my money on a lot, lol. I'm just gonna wait and not buy one now. I'm not gonna spend ALL of my money just for a lot, and then not be able to put anything in it. Oh well. We'll just see what happens I guess. I'm certainly not going to buy simoleons with rl money, lol.

G

One of the things they are hoping is we will buy lots cheap and sell them to each other. Real estate prices will continue to rise the same as they did in TC3. Luckily now we have secure deed trading so this makes house purchasing much safer.

S

swissmoonbeam

LOL, i guess i missed out on the "buying lots cheap" part..... maybe next time.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

One of the things they are hoping is we will buy lots cheap and sell them to each other. Real estate prices will continue to rise the same as they did in TC3. Luckily now we have secure deed trading so this makes house purchasing much safer.

[/ QUOTE ]

"They" can hope all they want to. I had only resentment when I saw the price of land go up in TC3, effectively stranding me where I first bought property. I was still in "traditional mode" thinking I could join a neighborhood one day and decide to move the next. WRONG!

I will never move, nor will I ever buy property from someone else. Erect the stinkin TC3 dump on one side of me and put the sewers on the other three sides -- I'm not moving.

One of the best aspects of real estate in this game has always been the ability to move "at will" and create seasonal or other neighborhoods. Except for the few players who are into islands, there has never been a big interest in real estate in this game. Personally, I think there never will be. It is just another footnote to the history of this game telling the tale of another positive and fun aspect that has bit the dust.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

"They" can hope all they want to. I had only resentment when I saw the price of land go up in TC3, effectively stranding me where I first bought property. I was still in "traditional mode" thinking I could join a neighborhood one day and decide to move the next. WRONG!

I will never move, nor will I ever buy property from someone else. Erect the stinkin TC3 dump on one side of me and put the sewers on the other three sides -- I'm not moving.

One of the best aspects of real estate in this game has always been the ability to move "at will" and create seasonal or other neighborhoods. Except for the few players who are into islands, there has never been a big interest in real estate in this game. Personally, I think there never will be. It is just another footnote to the history of this game telling the tale of another positive and fun aspect that has bit the dust.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually their has been extreme interest in real estate.
Back in AV when popcorn owned the only Island he used to get offers daily, so did the few people with peninsulas and the guy with the only grass water peninsula.

I remember I sold my grass water lot a few years ago for $2 mill.

The other cities had the same thing like in TC &amp; BF people wanted the islands and the few peninsulas.

Also demand for House Designers and Roof Artists has always been high and there were a few house designers that charged 200k+ in the early TSO Years but there were many who charged what the cost was (usually 20-50k) sometimes they were even better then those big shots lol.

I remember lots of people knew who Johnny Lace was and they wanted his houses.

In the early TSO years and even now, people used to get there houses up to like Position 1-5 on the top 10 and then sell the lots. My friend used to make contests that required people to stay the longest for 24 hours, the person who stayed the longest got 1 mill (a ton back then). That made his lot go up to #1 (skill &amp; shops category) and he sold the houses for like $4 Mill to $ 5 mill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's 6x6

[/ QUOTE ]

6 x 6, wow, do you still get to have 30 people in there?

B

B Jordan

All the free account sims will have to go from house to house just to green.

"okay guys! I got the toliets!"

G

Maybe thrill can make a new chair that doubles as a toilet with a pop out cooker and eski.

H

HoTDeViL

i have a lot in alphaville with a cliff behind the house.
its so much fun. you can climb on the cliff and jump off.
on the other side you can let bounce the balls from the ballgame. its really funny.
I also never would sell my lot

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Can you imagine what it's going to be like for the last city that gets merged?

I had hoped to move my houses to Mount Fuji, but if the prices keep going up. I'll have to work forever to move them.

Wish the devs would allow us to move our properties to lots of equal or less value for free....no money back if less value though.

Or give all the merged houses a "1-time house move free" card.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Actually their has been extreme interest in real estate.
Back in AV when popcorn owned the only Island he used to get offers daily, so did the few people with peninsulas and the guy with the only grass water peninsula.

I remember I sold my grass water lot a few years ago for $2 mill.

The other cities had the same thing like in TC &amp; BF people wanted the islands and the few peninsulas.

Also demand for House Designers and Roof Artists has always been high and there were a few house designers that charged 200k+ in the early TSO Years but there were many who charged what the cost was (usually 20-50k) sometimes they were even better then those big shots lol.

I remember lots of people knew who Johnny Lace was and they wanted his houses.

In the early TSO years and even now, people used to get there houses up to like Position 1-5 on the top 10 and then sell the lots. My friend used to make contests that required people to stay the longest for 24 hours, the person who stayed the longest got 1 mill (a ton back then). That made his lot go up to #1 (skill &amp; shops category) and he sold the houses for like $4 Mill to $ 5 mill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Islands, peninsulas, grassy beach lots. Those have really been the only "hot tickets" in real estate. I know there have always been some people, in my experience usually kids, who bought and sold houses. I really think if the statistics could be found, the majority of players never bought and sold property from each other. Except for the geographic rares, no one has had much interest in real estate. And, I maintain that the majority of players prefer to build their own places, even if they hire a roof artist to put on finishing touches.

In any case, my prediction is that the numbers will fall from whatever they were. In this new game, I think it will be rare to see anyone want to fork over high prices for real estate unless it is a geographic rare.