• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Payouts/# of Sims Requirements

B

brownie

So now that the speed of skilling has been raised to 148%, which is above the norm, any chance of getting the payouts back to the normal amount? And how about lowering the required # of sims back to 6, since the city is now basically DEAD.

P

Palin

What I don't understand is this: why would people want to bother skilling now unless it's a "skill for a new game"? lol

I think they should just make the game an open sandbox for the remaining days.

T

toons67

some people have just decided too make their goal from the beganning too max out their skills thats why... just so they could say there i did it...

thats my opinion atleast.... i know i would like to be able too max out my skills and try and make a million too

J

Joel Robert

Why?
Because I'm still playing this game for another two months.
Why play a game of Monopoly? It'll end a lot sooner than two months.
You play Monopoly, or other games, because there is a goal of winning.

The goals in TSO are set by each player.
That is why many of us play.
Now that there is a defined end in site, there is more of a drive to meet our goals.

My main wish would be no more decay. Since we won't be getting the entitlement days that would have let me build up my skills where I wanted to get them.

Joel Robert
aka Bubbles Brandenberg, Proffesor J, & Prissy Queen
(formerly known in Stratics as mameloot)

W

Wyld Cherry

No offense, but does it really matter now since they are shutting down the game?

Yeah, I understand want to do stuff b4 sunset and all but doesn't really matter

Its like (b4 the old boards went cupoot) Does it really matter, why you want GAME DATA, its a simmie or cannon, GAME DATA.

In all, does it really matter?

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It may not matter in the big picture, but theres nothing wrong with ending the game having met all the goals we've set ourselves.

Maybe I feel this way because I remember a Nintendo game years ago, I was almost to the end when my stepson erased my game! Now I had spent months on that game and I could have done it over but damnit it took me a long time to get there! I never did finish it.

I would love to see posts at the end like, my game is gone but at least I finally finished the job tracks, or YAY I got all my skills maxed! Instead of oh man I always wanted to do that. We will talk about TSO for years to come sharing memories with other sims we run into about the net. We can pancake about EA til the end of time, but hopefully when we meet up we can laugh about the good times too!

I say make a list of your goals, try to check them all off. If you need help post here and I bet someone will come help.

R

raevyn_baby

Yes, if you could work, it would be nice..however, not able to complete a shift at the robot factory, as the game just freezes up after clicking several machines and end up having to log off to unfreeze. kinda sucks!!

S

Stu Pitt Moran

I'm sorry to say guys but i doubt anyone is staffing the EA Land servers right now. Other than a janitor or two who has to dust the machines once or twice a day. :D

R

Raisin

Why?
Because I'm still playing this game for another two months.
Why play a game of Monopoly? It'll end a lot sooner than two months.
No offense, but does it really matter now since they are shutting down the game?
I agree with Joel to an extent.

I don't see why we should stop everything and stop playing now, just because we can't "save" what we are doing.

One thing I've learned playing online games, is that
- You do not "own" anything in the game
- It can poof anytime or be worth nothing.

So I play for my enjoyment, while it lasts.

An example, from wow:
I spent a year or so grinding Molten Core, in 40-man raids.
Eventually I got the whole Nightslayer set on my little female gnome rogue.
Then the next expansion came out and people got better items than Nightslayer on the first 3 quests in Outlands...
So that year slaving away was worth nothing.

Another example from real life:
A friend of mine had a beloved grandmother.
She saved every penny, and never spent anything on herself.
Then she got ill and died, and they found a fortune in cash in her appartment.
The relatives started fighting over the money and behaving like asses.
What was the point in her slaving away and saving every penny, when it all went to the mean relatives in the end?
It's worth nothing when you die.

Sorry if that example offends someone, it's not meant like that.

Better have fun while playing, because it's all worth nothing in the end.
Everything has an end, it's only natural. :)