• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Payouts Lower in Ea-Land Why arent Property value or Moving Fee's????

J

JustinKase

To move a house it will cost over $11,000.00??? Why not lower the property values and/or Do away with the $2,000.00 Moving Fee!! If they lower our income they should lower our expences as well. Anybody know if there are any plans for this to happen?

G

Been working on a plan on the wiki with Greg.

Design

Discussion

We havent discussed moving fees, perhaps you could mention it on the discussion page?

G

Yes you can move a house, but you do not get a refund for your old property.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Been working on a plan on the wiki with Greg.

Design

Discussion

We havent discussed moving fees, perhaps you could mention it on the discussion page?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good ideas Niki, I liked the part about larger population, higher prices and smaller population, lower prices. That is good for many reasons!

G

You can, but you will not get reimbursed on the lot you give up to make the move.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes you can move a house, but you do not get a refund for your old property.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to see a credit for the old house and property, in rl you sell your house and then move to a better one. Why can't that be implemented?

G

I believe the reason is to encourage the use of deed trading. They want us to buy and sell from each other.

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

I believe the reason is to encourage the use of deed trading. They want us to buy and sell from each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's what I did.. I transferred ownership of a property and objects from my hubbys sim to one of mine, and it worked a treat!

I highly recommend it.

Cat.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Wonderful wiki post, Niki. I swear, one of these days we'll get together so you can teach me. I would love to get into the house designing business again, because it's my niche in the game, though at this point the interface makes it extremely hard to do so. Building is too expensive, the demand to purchase homes is little to none, and so on. It'd be really great to get a true real estate market going.

G

Given the dynamic pricing of undeveloped property, I think that we would have more interest in buying developed property, if we had a better way to handle the advertising and selling of it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, I see.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Well at least its good for the real estate business.

G

GregK

I think we need to add the ability to own a second property for each avatar.

Then rather than "move" we implement "swap" with the requirement the person own both properties. "swap" would switch the contents of the properties.

In this case, the player still has to own both properties but isnt out the cost of one of the properties like they are now. Of course, they will have to sell the property they dont want. But if we implement the ideas you guys have come up with on the wiki that should be a bit easier to do as well.

Make sense?

Thanks
gk

G

<blockquote><hr>

Then rather than "move" we implement "swap" with the requirement the person own both properties. "swap" would switch the contents of the properties.

In this case, the player still has to own both properties but isnt out the cost of one of the properties like they are now. Of course, they will have to sell the property they dont want. But if we implement the ideas you guys have come up with on the wiki that should be a bit easier to do as well.

Make sense?

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

I would really appreciate the multiple properties idea, and swap, never thought of that, cool idea! I thought there was a plan to give us multiple lots didnt we discuss that somewhere along the line?

Another thing I've been mulling over lately is cross ownership between my sims, so any of my sims on the acct would have access to any of my lots. *err avatars*

T

Tristan Lewis

TTL
Thing that burns me is I had to hire the repair man he only had 3 things to fix. Well he finished by 10:40 am sim time then stood around itching his ASS for 23 minutes and charged me for 2 hrs $100. WTF is up with that!!!!!! He was only there 63 min.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Make sense?

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]
No disrespect intended, but this doesn't seem to have much potential. Or fun.
My guy would be able to 'swap' properties from time to time. So what?
What am I missing? With 8 Sims on an account, I can already own 8 lots and even have one in each category.

D

dinaj

I just bought a property yesterday ... I found that with 18k I was able to not only purchase a property with one side of water but also expand that property to a size 8.

So prices may be up but its definately cheaper to expand. I'll take it this way anyday over having to pay 160k to get to that size 8 lot.

G

GregK

&gt;&gt;I thought there was a plan to give us multiple lots didnt we discuss that somewhere along the line?

Yep. Long story short - had it mostly implemented in a sandbox but there was just too much space for abuse and bugs. So went back to the design drawing board and have been thinking about a fix limit per avatar like we have now only going from 1 to N. Will start at 2 -- or probably 2 for premium and 1 basic or some such. Probably should move this aspect of discussion to wiki.

&gt;&gt; Another thing I've been mulling over lately is cross ownership between my sims, so any of my sims on the acct would have access to any of my lots

I like the idea a lot. I've been thinking along similiar lines but maybe from a slightly different angle: Groups (bad name, I know). Dont want to derail the thead so again we can migrate to wiki but a brief intro is: we introduce the internal concept of "groups". "groups" have "ownership" (not sims-err-avatars). "groups" would not have size limits so a 20 or more could own a single lot via the group. Of course, all the sims-err-avatars on an account could be in a group; and groups could belong to groups. blah, blah, blah.

Then there is the whole discussion of "ownership" and "stock" objects...

Regards,
gk

G

<blockquote><hr>

&gt;&gt; Another thing I've been mulling over lately is cross ownership between my sims, so any of my sims on the acct would have access to any of my lots

I like the idea a lot. I've been thinking along similiar lines but maybe from a slightly different angle: Groups (bad name, I know). Dont want to derail the thead so again we can migrate to wiki but a brief intro is: we introduce the internal concept of "groups". "groups" have "ownership" (not sims-err-avatars). "groups" would not have size limits so a 20 or more could own a single lot via the group. Of course, all the sims-err-avatars on an account could be in a group; and groups could belong to groups. blah, blah, blah.

Then there is the whole discussion of "ownership" and "stock" objects...

Regards,
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhhhh I love this idea.

Polly

G

GregK

&gt;&gt;No disrespect intended, but this doesn't seem to have much potential. Or fun.

None taken.

The problem is right now if you move your property you lose the value of the original property - there isnt an EA refund. (say the original price was 300 and comps are now running at 22,000... or the inverse) However, the lack of refund effectively makes it so you can't move your house unless you want to give the price of the original property.

If we implement 2 lots per account (or the ownership requirement on both lots invovled). A move would look like: locate 2nd property, buy it, swap all my cool stuff to new location, put up old property for sale. And if we take the suggestions on the wiki we should have a reasonable real estate market so I get the original lot price back.

Regards,
gk

G

I love it Greg! I'll think over a wiki article after I get more caffeine.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I really like the Idea of having mutli properties (I created a wiki page named Multi Lots back in June). I also like the idea of co-ownership. Also, I would like to see Luc's idea of lot portals, which have been talked about on the blog last year.

G

<blockquote><hr>

&gt;&gt;No disrespect intended, but this doesn't seem to have much potential. Or fun.

None taken.

The problem is right now if you move your property you lose the value of the original property - there isnt an EA refund. (say the original price was 300 and comps are now running at 22,000... or the inverse) However, the lack of refund effectively makes it so you can't move your house unless you want to give the price of the original property.

If we implement 2 lots per account (or the ownership requirement on both lots invovled). A move would look like: locate 2nd property, buy it, swap all my cool stuff to new location, put up old property for sale. And if we take the suggestions on the wiki we should have a reasonable real estate market so I get the original lot price back.

Regards,
gk

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I understood it the first time.
It sounds...... efficient, but ordinary.
Not saying that it's a waste of time - but it seems to me that features with a little more ....... hotchacha..........
would be in order for the immediate future, with this 2nd lot feature coming in later.
As an ordinary player, for me - fun trumps efficiency.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL
Thing that burns me is I had to hire the repair man he only had 3 things to fix. Well he finished by 10:40 am sim time then stood around itching his ASS for 23 minutes and charged me for 2 hrs $100. WTF is up with that!!!!!! He was only there 63 min.

[/ QUOTE ]

They always stay on the lot for a full sim hour, regardless, so if he didn't get all 3 objects fixed in the first sim hour that's why he finished in the 2nd one, and then stood idle for the rest of that hour. The upside being if anything else had happened to break in that 2nd hour while he was there, he would have fixed it while he was there without having to be recalled

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Make sense?

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]
No disrespect intended, but this doesn't seem to have much potential. Or fun.
My guy would be able to 'swap' properties from time to time. So what?
What am I missing? With 8 Sims on an account, I can already own 8 lots and even have one in each category.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that you can't transfer ownership between two sims on the same account since we can't have more than one sim on at a time, it necessitates having a 2nd account to sell to, and then sell it back to the other sim that you log in after you log off the original sim. Having more than one property per avatar would essentially allow a person to buy the proeprty they want to be in, 'swap' their current property to that lot, and then sell the old property using the house deed, all on one sim. This will mean that alot of people dont have to keep getting superfluous free accounts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The difference is that you can't transfer ownership between two sims on the same account since we can't have more than one sim on at a time, it necessitates having a 2nd account to sell to, and then sell it back to the other sim that you log in after you log off the original sim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you can ! Make the second sim a roomie using the offline invite. Once you've logged in and ensured it worked properly, just have the owner sim move out and voila you have transferred your property between two sims on the same account.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The difference is that you can't transfer ownership between two sims on the same account since we can't have more than one sim on at a time, it necessitates having a 2nd account to sell to, and then sell it back to the other sim that you log in after you log off the original sim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you can ! Make the second sim a roomie using the offline invite. Once you've logged in and ensured it worked properly, just have the owner sim move out and voila you have transferred your property between two sims on the same account.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

That's already been proven to not work recently, so until they fix that bug nobody can use it unless they are lucky enough to get it to work. But Greg's idea makes that not even necessary too, so I hope that it gets at least into testing soon.

I

imported_Rare-Buyer

I sent another sim of mine on the same account an offline roomie invite and it worked...