Paying to much for EA

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

We are all basically free accounts on stratics. so we all have the right to post here.

I do believe personally that a person who pays monthly for their game ranks before a free player on every level.

I hope that EA sees it the same way.

Again, I didn't read your novel.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Seems I gave her too much credit because here she says:
Anybody with common sense knows that free players don't mean diddly.
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]That's a lie. There are plenty of people with lots of common sense who KNOW this is not true. Whether a player is free or premium says nothing about their dedication to this game or their 'status' as upstanding community members. You're proving that very point with every post in this thread, and I am appauled on behalf of every new free player I've met that they might think that your opinion represents the whole of premium players. Let me be real clear to anybody lurking and say that it DOES NOT

[/ QUOTE ]Let me try to clear the waters here a bit... I took what she posted to mean that "free accounts don't mean diddly..." to EA Corporate Headquarters! I'm pretty sure she was not implying that free accounts don't have an equal voice on Stratics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, a few posts down from that one she reiterated what she meant, which was that non-subscribing players opinions don't matter anywhere as much as subscribing players.
As far as whether or not they mean as much to EA Corporate Headquarters, I'm not sure.....because the way I look at it, if the free players voices didn't count, then the lots for the Town Hall and Community Pub would not be in the one category that free players can access as far as EA Land goes, and only subscribing members would be able to to post on the blog and the Wiki, so the fact that the meeting place between devs and players is in the residential category, and that free an premium players alike are able to voice their opinions on the blog, without even a notation of whether or not a person is a free or subscribing member unless the player makes the announcement themselves, that incinuates to me that even EA seems to at least care what *everybody* who plays thinks, whether they are paying to play or not. I don't think anybody who is still here through all the thick and thin should be looked down upon based on their economic status as being second class, because we aren't able to know *why* a person might be a free player rather than a premium one.....and there's enough 'division lines' withut creating yet another one, right? At least that's my personal opinion. I've got total respect for anybody who takes the time and energy to get involved in the process and be constructive and productive equally, whether they are paying $0 a month, $10 a month for 1 account, or $100 a month for 10 accounts, which if you're gonna say that free players shouldn't have a voice then it follows the same logic that a person with 10 accounts should have more say-so than a person with 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
umm.... everyone who posted in this thread was still allowed to post... and can continue to post... so what are you crying about? Jackiee is entitled to her opinion too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you believe that it's OK for someone to say that free players are inconsequential and shouldn't have a voice, then oooookay, but if that's true then the rest of us are entitled to our opinions that it that belief is BS, and to give our points that back that up, so why you say she's entitled to her opinion, and then turn around and say that it is 'crying' when others disagree with that opinion is totally beyond me, and seems more like the double standard that we who hold staff at a higher level of behavior than the average poste are accused of.

Cest la vie.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]That's a lie. There are plenty of people with lots of common sense who KNOW this is not true. Whether a player is free or premium says nothing about their dedication to this game or their 'status' as upstanding community members. You're proving that very point with every post in this thread, and I am appauled on behalf of every new free player I've met that they might think that your opinion represents the whole of premium players. Let me be real clear to anybody lurking and say that it DOES NOT

[/ QUOTE ]Let me try to clear the w

aters here a bit... I took what she posted to mean that "free accounts don't mean diddly..." to EA Corporate Headquarters! I'm pretty sure she was not implying that free accounts don't have an equal voice on Stratics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, a few posts down from that one she reiterated what she meant, which was that non-subscribing players opinions don't matter anywhere as much as subscribing players.
As far as whether or not they mean as much to EA Corporate Headquarters, I'm not sure.....because the way I look at it, if the free players voices didn't count, then the lots for the Town Hall and Community Pub would not be in the one category that free players can access as far as EA Land goes, and only subscribing members would be able to to post on the blog and the Wiki, so the fact that the meeting place between devs and players is in the residential category, and that free an premium players alike are able to voice their opinions on the blog, without even a notation of whether or not a person is a free or subscribing member unless the player makes the announcement themselves, that incinuates to me that even EA seems to at least care what *everybody* who plays thinks, whether they are paying to play or not. I don't think anybody who is still here through all the thick and thin should be looked down upon based on their economic status as being second class, because we aren't able to know *why* a person might be a free player rather than a premium one.....and there's enough 'division lines' withut creating yet another one, right? At least that's my personal opinion. I've got total respect for anybody who takes the time and energy to get involved in the process and be constructive and productive equally, whether they are paying $0 a month, $10 a month for 1 account, or $100 a month for 10 accounts, which if you're gonna say that free players shouldn't have a voice then it follows the same logic that a person with 10 accounts should have more say-so than a person with 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
umm.... everyone who posted in this thread was still allowed to post... and can continue to post... so what are you crying about? Jackiee is entitled to her opinion too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you believe that it's OK for someone to say that free players are inconsequential and shouldn't have a voice, then oooookay, but if that's true then the rest of us are entitled to our opinions that it that belief is BS, and to give our points that back that up, so why you say she's entitled to her opinion, and then turn around and say that it is 'crying' when others disagree with that opinion is totally beyond me, and seems more like the double standard that we who hold staff at a higher level of behavior than the average poste are accused of.

Cest la vie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting the staff nonsense in this thread too?
Speak with Rizzo.

If EA put their free players over their paying players, what motivation would that leave for people to still play.

If you want to believe that your subscription matters as much as mine, go ahead. But I'm telling you its not the case.

Free play was put there as a way to get people in the game. I assure you EA as a corporation would hope that every Free play account would upgrade to paying.

G

It has nothing to do with staff and I already stated that we are all entitled to our opinions. I wanted to know why you care so much about what Jackiee thinks about free accounts when it has no effect on the original issue?

Oh, and if you are paying $0 then you are paying no more than free players in the US. There are choices. You can choose to pay the higher cost. You can choose to play a free account. You can choose to not pay and play.

You can also choose to spend your time persuing the attention of someone who can actually change this. As far as I know - no one here on the boards can make these kinds of changes. If it somehow brings it to the attention of someone with that authority, then its good but ultimately I think it will be an uphill battle.

G

Ok i have 50 bucks on the fact that with all the quoting being done one of these posts is going to fill a page on it's own.... any takers on this action?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Free play was put there as a way to get people in the game. I assure you EA as a corporation would hope that every Free play account would upgrade to paying.

[/ QUOTE ]Strangely enough, 18 months ago Linden Lab announced the removal of most of the registration hurdles with the exact same aim - get people in, let them experience Second Life, and they're bound to want to upgrade to a paid account.

It hasn't worked.

If a massive growth in player numbers was EA's game - then it's probably succeeded. If, however, a massive growth in paying accounts was the aim - my guess is it won't.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

Strangely enough, 18 months ago Linden Lab announced the removal of most of the registration hurdles with the exact same aim - get people in, let them experience Second Life, and they're bound to want to upgrade to a paid account.

It hasn't worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh, good thing this isn't SL!

G

<blockquote><hr>

In SL free accounts can buy/make money.

In EAL they can not.

[/ QUOTE ]Is that a good thing or bad thing? I'm not convinced it's a good idea.

Most of what makes TSO fun is being able to build your own place to live. To do that requires money. If you're saying that free accounts in TSO can't have any money, then what is left to do except a chatroom that is more of a pain to use than Yahoo or MSN Messenger.

In WoW, you get a free 14 day trial, and apart from being able to trade stuff, you can basically enjoy the full game experience before you decide to upgrade or not. In SL, you can build stuff using basic textures supplied with the account, or buy one of the many boxes of free stuff that people give away and, apart from owning some land, you can experience all the creative aspects - and some of the most well known and respected designers literally 'live out of a suitcase' and rent some space in a shopping mall to distribute their goods, from a free account, rather than spending huge piles of money on land.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Let me try to clear the w

aters here a bit... I took what she posted to mean that "free accounts don't mean diddly..." to EA Corporate Headquarters! I'm pretty sure she was not implying that free accounts don't have an equal voice on Stratics.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cest la vie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting the staff nonsense in this thread too?
Speak with Rizzo.

If EA put their free players over their paying players, what motivation would that leave for people to still play.

If you want to believe that your subscription matters as much as mine, go ahead. But I'm telling you its not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is over anybody else, subscription-wise. Not founders over everybody else, not we premium players over free players, not free players over premium players. My point was that everybody has an equal voice, it does not matter what *kind* of player they are. I wasn't suggesting that anybody be over anybody else, I was stating that they ARE NOT and why they are not.

Of course EA want everybody to upgrade their accounts if they are free players to premium players, but they know that they are going to do that is NOT by treating free players as if they are second class citizens, the way you seem to think they should be treated, it is through the restrictions that are placed on the GAMEPLAY of the restricted accounts, whilst everybody who plays, whether they pay or not, has the same *voice* within the game. I hope this clears the matter up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

In EAL they can not.

[/ QUOTE ]Is that a good thing or bad thing? I'm not convinced it's a good idea.

Most of what makes TSO fun is being able to build your own place to live. To do that requires money. If you're saying that free accounts in TSO can't have any money, then what is left to do except a chatroom that is more of a pain to use than Yahoo or MSN Messenger.

In WoW, you get a free 14 day trial, and apart from being able to trade stuff, you can basically enjoy the full game experience before you decide to upgrade or not. In SL, you can build stuff using basic textures supplied with the account, or buy one of the many boxes of free stuff that people give away and, apart from owning some land, you can experience all the creative aspects - and some of the most well known and respected designers literally 'live out of a suitcase' and rent some space in a shopping mall to distribute their goods, from a free account, rather than spending huge piles of money on land.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a good thing.
All of that is true for wow. However... .the trial accounts did not work in for TSO as you know.
I hope they find even more ways to limit free play in TSO.
Maybe keep the free accounts to TC3 keep them out of EAL.

We can think of EA Land as the "outlands compared to TC3's azeroth.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

In EAL they can not.

[/ QUOTE ]

In WoW, you get a 10 day free trial and your account is not able to trade with any players for items or gold.

In SL, on a free account, you start with zero Linden so in order to "create" a basic texture you must either purchase money or find a way to earn it. Camping is popular.. let's see.. $10L per texture upload.. most camping places are $2L for 10 minutes.. so in about an hour of sitting there without moving and without your computer doing anything else.. you can enjoy a small piece of the full game.

Most of what makes TSO fun is social interaction. That has little to do with your own home. Unless your idea of social interaction is you and your 3 sims sitting locked up in a house.

I

imported_corpatortis

Your voice is not equal. As a person with rights, perhaps. But if you were running a home business.. would you bend over backwards for a request from a sampler or a regular customer? (you can't pick both bc for the sake of argument let's say the requests contradicted each other. like yours and jackie's)

Oh I forgot one thing. AJ - Chat rooms are widely popular. Not sure why you look down on them but I consider it being a huge compliment to EA that people are willing to pay for theirs.

S

Sinfully Sweet

I'm Canadian and i was paying anywhere from 12 to 14 bucks a month for about 4 and a half years but with our doller so high right now sometimes i pay less than 10 bucks American WOOOOOOT finally the loonie is up ....YES and i do agree they need to make it all the same no matter what country you live in.

P

Pauline

<blockquote><hr>

*ttl*

I see several productive suggestions in the thread. It doesn't mean any guarantee that EA will listen. Really they could be charging a lot more, and they can charge whatever they want. Its not a scam - because you choose to pay it.

Just because I pay the US fee doesn't mean I don't know the feeling. There are many things that I would like to pay less for. If I go grocery shopping in IL I have to pay more taxes than other states... unfair!!! Its the same food right??? It would do me no good to go start yelling at my neighbors about this - they can't change anything. I would have to go to the people who decide what I pay.

Of course everyone has a free right here on stratics to voice their opinion but its not going to change anything. Its no more productive than telling random people on the street that you want to pay less for TSO and its not fair. Especially now that there are free accounts. TSO is not a right to anyone - its a luxury. Luxury items cost money. Maybe not the best business practice for EA but its their business. I say good luck to anyone who chooses to navigate the appropriate channels.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true, They CAN charge us whatever they want. But unless the food. This product (ea) is from the same producer, store, and country. I pay directly to EA there is no store or anything in between. They ARE allowed to charge us whatever they want, but they cant charge 1 person more than another for EXACTLY the same product.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It has nothing to do with staff and I already stated that we are all entitled to our opinions. I wanted to know why you care so much about what Jackiee thinks about free accounts when it has no effect on the original issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

I care because it was brought up here, and I'd think it was reprehensible for any representative of the game, that is long-time player/poster to make a devaluing statement like that. The staff thing was more a side issue because it related to what she'd said in the other thread, where the staff position was a primary issue. Also, you don't have to live outside the US and be directly affected by this to recognize it as not right and empathize with people based on the fact that it isn't right, rather than taking on the 'if it doesn't affect me, then it doesn't exist in my world' stance.

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, and if you are paying $0 then you are paying no more than free players in the US. There are choices. You can choose to pay the higher cost. You can choose to play a free account. You can choose to not pay and play.

You can also choose to spend your time persuing the attention of someone who can actually change this. As far as I know - no one here on the boards can make these kinds of changes. If it somehow brings it to the attention of someone with that authority, then its good but ultimately I think it will be an uphill battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it will be an uphill battle. I don't think anybody thought *this thread* was going to start any changes, anymore than the other 20 threads or so we've had in the last 5 years have, but the purpose of bringing it up here *could* be to find those who are like-minded on the subject, as the original poster stated, so that she could coordinate an effort for a GROUP of players to contact the people who could bring about the changes. The more people that bring it up in an organized fashion to EA Corporate, the more they will see that a significant number of players do care, rather than just maybe 1 or 2 that they could overlook. It *still* might not make any changes, but I dont' think there's anything wrong with simply standing up and saying "This is not right, and I don't have to put up with it!" rather than blithely siting back and accepting what you feel is an injustice, because if you do that, the only person you have to blame is yourself for not doing what you *could* do to change it.

The original poster is not even participating in the discussion any longer (ETA: OK, she just posted again after a long absence LOL) and therefore I think the whole thing would have died down if not for theplayers that, instead of just passing over a thread that they disagreed with, decided to criticize the original poster and those who agreed with her for even daring to say anything, rather than just walking away if she really felt she was being discriminated against, or writing a letter to EA Corporate on her own instead of coming here and trying to coordinate some kind of effort collaboratively to deal with EA Corporate. That, to me, was the purpose of this thrad, and the ridicule and contempt for that effort is what has morphed it into what it is, but that's not anything new for this board, either.

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

I have 2 accounts which I both pay for. Now everyone from USA pays $9,99 right? I pay in euro's and I pay €10,99.
€10,99 is about $16...

Anyone else having this problem? Please let me know, I have tried to contact ea support but they just wont answer me. Letting me pay more just because I dont live in the USA doesn't really seem fair to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pauline,

US Dollor is stronger then the euro dollor, but if you think that 32 bucks a month is bad then you should try paying for my 4 accounts, and i am paying 10.99 not 9.99. Then there is there is what my debt card company charges me to use it. that 1.00 more so now let add this up ! 4 x 10.99 that's 43.96 + 4.00 = 47.96 A Month
but is it worth it ? Yes it is 150% worth it, I love Tso/ea-land, I have met so many poeple of the last 4 years, so bad and some good, and some that i met 4 years ago and still talk to them! I am very thankfull for this game. and all the woderfull poeple that comes and even goes in this game! And now i can even say the The DEVs i have met a few of them ! Oh and BTW, I am not that far from EA.com Headqurters ( yup Redding Ca. Usa )

Hugs and peace as always

Max

P

Pauline

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I care because it was brought up here, and I'd think it was reprehensible for any representative of the game, that is long-time player/poster to make a devaluing statement like that. The staff thing was more a side issue because it related to what she'd said in the other thread, where the staff position was a primary issue. Also, you don't have to live outside the US and be directly affected by this to recognize it as not right and empathize with people based on the fact that it isn't right, rather than taking on the 'if it doesn't affect me, then it doesn't exist in my world' stance.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it will be an uphill battle. I don't think anybody thought *this thread* was going to start any changes, anymore than the other 20 threads or so we've had in the last 5 years have, but the purpose of bringing it up here *could* be to find those who are like-minded on the subject, as the original poster stated, so that she could coordinate an effort for a GROUP of players to contact the people who could bring about the changes. The more people that bring it up in an organized fashion to EA Corporate, the more they will see that a significant number of players do care, rather than just maybe 1 or 2 that they could overlook. It *still* might not make any changes, but I dont' think there's anything wrong with simply standing up and saying "This is not right, and I don't have to put up with it!" rather than blithely siting back and accepting what you feel is an injustice, because if you do that, the only person you have to blame is yourself for not doing what you *could* do to change it.

The original poster is not even participating in the discussion any longer (ETA: OK, she just posted again after a long absence LOL) and therefore I think the whole thing would have died down if not for theplayers that, instead of just passing over a thread that they disagreed with, decided to criticize the original poster and those who agreed with her for even daring to say anything, rather than just walking away if she really felt she was being discriminated against, or writing a letter to EA Corporate on her own instead of coming here and trying to coordinate some kind of effort collaboratively to deal with EA Corporate. That, to me, was the purpose of this thrad, and the ridicule and contempt for that effort is what has morphed it into what it is, but that's not anything new for this board, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still participating in this topic. I only chose not to participate in your in-topic discussion. Because it motsly has NOTHING to do with what I started this topic for in the first place.
And you are right, I'm only looking for people who share this problem and want to do something about it.

So once again I ask those people: If you agree on this matter, please contact me trough PM.

P

Pauline

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I have 2 accounts which I both pay for. Now everyone from USA pays $9,99 right? I pay in euro's and I pay €10,99.
€10,99 is about $16...

Anyone else having this problem? Please let me know, I have tried to contact ea support but they just wont answer me. Letting me pay more just because I dont live in the USA doesn't really seem fair to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pauline,

US Dollor is stronger then the euro dollor, but if you think that 32 bucks a month is bad then you should try paying for my 4 accounts, and i am paying 10.99 not 9.99. Then there is there is what my debt card company charges me to use it. that 1.00 more so now let add this up ! 4 x 10.99 that's 43.96 + 4.00 = 47.96 A Month
but is it worth it ? Yes it is 150% worth it, I love Tso/ea-land, I have met so many poeple of the last 4 years, so bad and some good, and some that i met 4 years ago and still talk to them! I am very thankfull for this game. and all the woderfull poeple that comes and even goes in this game! And now i can even say the The DEVs i have met a few of them ! Oh and BTW, I am not that far from EA.com Headqurters ( yup Redding Ca. Usa )

Hugs and peace as always

Max

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that it wasnt worth it at all. Mind you, it IS worth it. But making us pay more for EXACTLY the same product is some sort of discrimination in my eyes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Your voice is not equal. As a person with rights, perhaps. But if you were running a home business.. would you bend over backwards for a request from a sampler or a regular customer? (you can't pick both bc for the sake of argument let's say the requests contradicted each other. like yours and jackie's)

Oh I forgot one thing. AJ - Chat rooms are widely popular. Not sure why you look down on them but I consider it being a huge compliment to EA that people are willing to pay for theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your example the sampler would have just as much a priority because of the very real possibility that if they like the samples they were getting they'd become a customer. The fact that Jackie and I have different opinions doesn't matter, since under either scenario we have equal standing in the game, as founders and current players with the same type of account. The only difference might possibly be sim age, but again that doesn't matter much, and even less now that amnesty is about to roll around, therefore two people who have the same or similiar entitlement days will have the same 'goodies'. Therefore the only people in her opinion who are 'equal' to herself are those who are not paying for their account.

I

imported_CherryBomb

There is yet hope for you Euros. All you have to do is elect an unutterably ******** government (like we did), and soon your currency will be worthless, too!

CherryBomb

G

The topic of this thread is USD price vs. EU price.

So without further ado, let us return to the topic.

P

Pauline

<blockquote><hr>

The topic of this thread is USD price vs. EU price.

So without further ado, let us return to the topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Again I ask for your help! If anyone has the contact adress of EA (don't really care which one) Please give it to me. I would like to have as many ways to contact EA as possible.