• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paying members/Free members

C

CarlosN

Hi i just recently came back to the game. It says im entitled for 907 days i was wondering if i dont pay the 9.99 a month if i would still get my skill locks and gifts after the big update or would i have to pay monthly to do that?

G

Take my advice, don't pay a penny until they fix this mess!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hi i just recently came back to the game. It says im entitled for 907 days i was wondering if i dont pay the 9.99 a month if i would still get my skill locks and gifts after the big update or would i have to pay monthly to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Carlos! If you come back as a free player you will get any anniversary gifts that you are entitled to. I am fairly certain the skill locks will be included, but just so you know free accounts will not be allowed in skill or money houses.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks Sindran! Cant wait for the update lol

[/ QUOTE ]
March 8th is the Deadline.. I am no 100% sure but I am 80% sure.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

By all means, pay for it. You be happy that'll you did.

-steps down from soap box-

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks Sindran! Cant wait for the update lol

[/ QUOTE ]
March 8th is the Deadline.. I am no 100% sure but I am 80% sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is the deadline. That does NOT mean that is the date of amnesty. I did not get the e-mail that was sent out, but the buzz in-game is that the e-mail says something along the lines of 'if you sign up by March 8th then you will qualify for the amnesty near the end of the month......' or something along those lines, indicating that amnesty should happen by the end of March. Personally, I thought it was logical to think it could happen on the first, or any Wednesday after the 8th, since that is when we usually get our updates. I imagine we haven't been given a specific date, so they don't have to deal with the 'but you said it was gonna happen on this date!!!!' kind of posts that proceed not being able to meet a target date set for something, for whatever reason

G

I remember seeing March O8 posted but not March 8th. The email sent out said amnesty at the end of the month of February. It was returning players by March 08. I guess that has been extended for everyone?

This from the email:

Date: Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:39 PM

To:

Subject: EA-Land

Size: 7 KB

Dear Former Member of The Sims Online

I would like to introduce you to EA-Land, an online world that is free-to-play,
and based on a re-engineered The Sims Online architecture. Yes, FREE.

(To see an HTML version of the information in this letter please go to
http://ea-land.ea.com

We have played The Sims Online together, my avatar is MaxisLuc (yes, I work for
Maxis/EA.) I wanted you to know that at the beginning of last year, I assembled
a team to improve The Sims Online. After months of ongoing hard work, we can
proudly say that we have been successful and we have made this game fun again! I
am writing to you because I would like to invite you to rejoin us in the game.
You can come back for free right now by REACTIVATING your old account at this
page http://ea-land.ea.com/register/free.php and then by downloading the game
from the same link. <font color="red">Most likely, your Sim is no more, but if you come back to
the game this month, you will get your earned privileges back (gifts, skill
locks etc. in EA-Land) when we run our amnesty program at the end of the month.
</font> Today you can play for free in our test city called 'Test-Center 3', in a few
days you will be able to also play for Free in the 'EA-Land' city.

G

They are probably waiting for all the cities to be merged before issuing amnesty.

S

Suzi Q

".....free accounts will not be allowed in skill or money houses"

How do you explain 'free accounts' constantly coming to my skill house because they have nowhere else to go? Most of them are very annoying, rude, and ignorant too!

G

They aren't supposed to be allowed to but there is currently a bug/exploit that is letting them in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

".....free accounts will not be allowed in skill or money houses"

How do you explain 'free accounts' constantly coming to my skill house because they have nowhere else to go? Most of them are very annoying, rude, and ignorant too!

[/ QUOTE ]

The free accts. should of been kept in TC3...we get a bunch at our house each night, school buddies who use the house as a place to holler back n forth to each other...they have no intention of subscribing,buying money at an atm, or interest in anything else about the game...we pay a bundle to feed 'em til it's their bedtime, but worst thing is alot of our subscribing long time playing visitors take a look at the yelling back n forth and leave