• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paying customers only in DC?

G

I got a message that DC is accepting paying customers only. Could this message be a forebearer for EA Land? Or TC3?

G

Ingame message?

Yes, at the Sim selection screen. Whoops, I mean at the avatar selection screen.

G

Not intresting at all, Its been like this since the day DC opened, To stop the abuse of trial accounts, Your account has to be 15 days old to create in DC.

G

Its been like this since the day DC opened

Ouch, I forgot all about that. I guess since I never tried to enter DC with a trial account, I never saw that message. But it is interesting that the bug appeared the same day Luc enabled the latest update. I'll post to the bug boards if they happen to be up.

M

MandiK

It used to be 30 days last time I checked. Account age before you could create a DC sim.

K

Keep It Real

Still interesting, I never had any sims there so it's news to me. INTERESTING!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Its been like this since the day DC opened

Ouch, I forgot all about that. I guess since I never tried to enter DC with a trial account, I never saw that message. But it is interesting that the bug appeared the same day Luc enabled the latest update. I'll post to the bug boards if they happen to be up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a long time since I ever created a sim in DC but I do remember a message like that.

L

Lucky Hawk

<blockquote><hr>

It used to be 30 days last time I checked. Account age before you could create a DC sim.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's the amount of time required before you can delete a sim.

S

Sativa L

If I remember correctly it is Both the time to delete sims and how old the account must be. 30 days.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

If I remember correctly it is Both the time to delete sims and how old the account must be. 30 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I thought as well.

S

smokekitten63

I also got the same message. I have an active paid account. What is wrong? I called tech support but they could not help me. Who do I contact?

G

Who do I contact?

Unfortunately, there is no one to contact. I posted to the bug boards but since it is DC, nothing will be done unless the problem gets solved accidently.

M

MandiK

I still cant create a family in BV on my perfectly good account, but no one seems to know why

G

I still cant create a family in BV

Have you posted that to the bug boards?

M

MandiK

I cant ever find them or get them to work, lol. But I had a thread about it awhile back &amp; everyone thought I was nuts.

G

I cant ever find them

A link to the bug boards is hidden in the first thread on the City Hall page.

I just created a family in BV so you might want to try again. Or you could IM me your account ID and password and I could do it for you.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

I cant ever find them

A link to the bug boards is hidden in the first thread on the City Hall page.

I just created a family in BV so you might want to try again. Or you could IM me your account ID and password and I could do it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL are you crazy? You must be off your rocker today.

Yea everyone thats tried since I first posted my problem has been able to do it with no problem. I might IM Parizad and see if she can help.

G

A third person who tried to get into DC just posted to the DC Forum. I didn't know so many people were still interested in DC. Reading the other threads about mergers, I'm sure DC will be the first production city to go.

M

Misti

same message when I tried to go in DC and play with my (2 year old) sim that resides there. I gave up after a week or so of getting this message and just moved out of DC to take care of that , lol.

S

smokekitten63

Hi,
I only play DC so I reported problem and have had some response but no fix yet.
I have never moved a sim out of a city before and I know DC has special permissions.
When you move a sim to another city from DC what goes with your sim?
Thanks
Loulah

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

Hi,
I only play DC so I reported problem and have had some response but no fix yet.
I have never moved a sim out of a city before and I know DC has special permissions.
When you move a sim to another city from DC what goes with your sim?
Thanks
Loulah

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I understand, there are no restrictions to moving OUT of DC, just in. I believe you will be able to take everything that you take when moving between non-hardcore production cities. Someone please correct me if I've missed something.

Legs

G

Looks like DC is dead, unofficially at least. EA hasn't fixed the bug that prevents people from logging in. Maybe they figure all the active Sims will move out and the city can then just be closed without having to merge it.

G

We believe DC is now fixed. Please let us know if this is not the case.

Soooooooooo sorry about that, guys.

S

smokekitten63

YOU ARE THE BEST PARIZAD!!!! Thank you for helping out our little town. I only play Dc and I AM HOME AGAIN!!! TY ! TY! TY!

G

Even after being closed for 15 days (not a week like Sarah stated in her blog entry) the top property in DC still had 3 minutes VH (it was the only one with more than zero VH). That proves that VH is not a simple averaging of the past 4 days time like the incorrect entry in the Stratics TSO guide states for the VH calculation.