• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pay outs a jip

F

frogger2

you know its sad I dont see any reason to skill anymore really. whats the point of skilling when payouts on every money object such a jip I max body today as sim named Bender at Body Imporium a great body skill house by the way, then jotted over to a money house after skilling for days and dam was in shock at the payout, 13 lousy bucks. wow I was so put out by that, that I vow not to ever touch anything outside of froggers house till they up the payouts. I mean its pointless to strive towards anything that gets you neer nothing and since they lowerd the ATM machines payouts Im not touching that iether. why hop from house to house skilling and making cash when you get nothing?

C

Caesar Weezer

Jump on the wagon.

Everyone's upset.

EA is working on it...or so they say.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Jump on the wagon.

Everyone's upset.

EA is working on it...or so they say.

[/ QUOTE ]Not everyone is upset...I jumped off the wagon...boohoo

G

then apparently nobody else was breaking pinatas...body is useful for other money making methods

I

Inge Jones

The thing is body is a very neglected skill. And that means people don't often use the workout machines which in turn makes it less attractive to try and get that skill at 30% rate. What we need is for a group of us to get together and form a body team so we skill together and bash pinata together.

G

one last thought on this payout whine...my roomie (she has 2 accts) and I have a beautiful size 8 lot, 2 story, fully furnished house...no bots, no scams, not a nickel spent at atms...take some time...too many seem to concentrate on what they can't have rather than what they can...just my opinion whenever I read these boards lately

G

<blockquote><hr>

one last thought on this payout whine...my roomie (she has 2 accts) and I have a beautiful size 8 lot, 2 story, fully furnished house...no bots, no scams, not a nickel spent at atms...take some time...too many seem to concentrate on what they can't have rather than what they can...just my opinion whenever I read these boards lately

[/ QUOTE ]

It's nice to read a success story amongst the gloom and doom
. I'm not sure how many hours per day you and she are able to play, and I do realize that there are some that can afford to play 8-10 hours a day while others get 4 hours if they are lucky, but this game has *always* been like that. Now there's actually an advantage with the ATMs if you think about it, because that player that cannot play the game but 4 hours or less a day with payouts as low as they are, can be on the same footing if they use some of the RL money they are making at the job that is making them not be able to play but a very minor amount (which better be good or they're working for slave wages but that's not EA's or any of the other players' issue) to buy the simoleans they want here and now, but either don't want to or can't spend the time investment to get. The pluses and minuses are all about perspective. Before the institution of the ATM into the game, those players that did not have the RL time to invest in the game were just plain SOL unless they wanted to take a chance on a transaction with an individual distributor where they may or may not get what they paid for since most times from what I saw you had to send the RL money through paypal before you even negotiated with the seller on a time and place to receive the simoleans. At the very least those without the luxury of alot of RL time to spend in game should be glad that there is now a secure method in which they can get their simoleans, even though the amount of simoleans you get per USD is significantly lower than it was with the individual seller, but then I don't see that as much a negative as a positive either, because this means people will not, for the most part, be buying millions of simoleans at once and flooding the economy, creating HUGELY inflated prices that even the sims that *can* play 8-10 hours a day and have no intentions of using ATMs *or* buying from a 3rd party. because they believe in earning everything within the game, can afford. As one who does play that much on a given day, there's nothing that Ive HAD to have within a narrow timeframe, since the new economic structure was put in place, that I've not been able to get.....the rest I just know I have to strive for and exercise a bit of patience, though as a human being it'd be nice if instant gratification was an option, but it isn't, so I cope.

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And how much of that was earned before the $1 robot, or $7 per jam period???

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

then apparently nobody else was breaking pinatas...body is useful for other money making methods

[/ QUOTE ]

Like pizza....I know in MF finding pizza partners with full body is pretty tough.

G

[/ QUOTE ]And how much of that was earned before the $1 robot, or $7 per jam period???

[/ QUOTE ] with 18 cooking skill and enough people canning, I get $47 per jam

F

frogger2

Again you folks cant seem to read between the lines here the point was no one now can do anything thanks to the payout setup. the stores are back to neerly normal prices I cant move AV sim or anyother sim because I will have spend somewhere around 20-50 real life cash on ATM just to get lot8 house because the payouts on every money object is so low I would go insane doing any money object period. In the production cities we use to be able to get 30 bucks per sell with no skill on everything now in Ealand its 13 bucks thats just not right its not whineing iether to be angry about where the payouts are at. specially when old school players are use to at the very least $30 payouts with no skill. you guys dont seem to take in the fact that at payout rates right now noone can do anything. cant buy land cant buy objects nothing. cant even remodel they have upted the cost on neerly everything.someone earlier say they got a lot 8 never touching ATM scamming or anything else? was that before the cut in payouts? Im sure it had to have been.you would have to be on for 2 week without sleep to be jamming pinata punching painting typing so on to get anywhere even with 2 accounts at 13 or less per payout,sorry but I have a real life outside of tso to do that lol. Im talking about the here and now not way back when. by the way Im not all about the gloom and doom of this game I love alot of where the game is going but I cant be jumping up and down for joy when my sim cant afford anything. oh and I know about group objects but its so hard to find good pizza team that knows what thier doing lol. player comes online to escape the reality of life to have fun and not work so hard just to buy a cc object or wallmounted tv set or anything over1k. it should be fun but at rate of payouts you just cant enjoy buying anything right now. Ide be happy on pizza though if a reguler pizza team would contact me, Im most of the time on as frogger pizza skill charisma, or Bender pizza skill body. I can also bring Fry on as a serenader thruout a pizza round. I would be hapy if we got at least 30 in a single object payout even with max skill.anything less is a waste of time,it's not whineing it's just being tired of working for nothing.

G

I'm going to be very blunt: EA-Land is not one of the production cities. The legacy system spoonfed you, me, and everyone else who has gotten used to getting paid obscene amounts of cash for very little effort. If you're trying to make objects with absolutely no skill, you shouldn't expect to get paid much at all, if anything. You want the money? Earn the skill.

There's also no reason whatsoever for a new player just starting out in the game to have a fully-developed size-8 lot with all the trimmings. Again, this should be something you earn through hard work. If I had a simolean for every newbie I've ever encountered who "acquired" a size 8 lot, built it up, opened the doors, and stood by wondering why nobody was coming, I'd be able to buy out the game.

Having a size 8 lot with all the trimmings should be a goal - not an immediate need! You want it? Work for it! Work is hard, it takes time. Increase your earnings by maxing out the requisite skills and working in teams. If you go at it with a plan and a strategy, you not only make the process more productive and fun, but you also build up the social networking you need to get people in your doors on opening day. Bypass any of that, and you're only cheating yourself.

L

Lucky Lisa

I'm going to be very blunt: EA-Land is not one of the production cities. The legacy system spoonfed you, me, and everyone else who has gotten used to getting paid obscene amounts of cash for very little effort. If you're trying to make objects with absolutely no skill, you shouldn't expect to get paid much at all, if anything. You want the money? Earn the skill.

Person starting thread was complaining gettin almost nothing with maxed skill

G

<blockquote><hr>

Person starting thread was complaining gettin almost nothing with maxed skill

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but he wasn't doing it with a group of people, which is the other part of what Katheryne said. Then in a later post he went on to talk about getting '$30 per object with no skill', which is where the confusion might have set in and why she said not to pancake about the current payout with no skill. The legacy days are over.....especially after today's announcement
so now we gotta decide what to do with that information and how to move forward. I hope alot of people hang on for the ride....I really do. Things will stabilize eventually, though there will never be a full return of the legacy days....but really some of that doesn't need to come back cuz it is exactly why we're at where we are now.

F

frogger2

are you reading my post at all or just glanceing over it? Im not asking for something for nothing not at all. Im saying the payouts need to change period, I have max in body and neer max in charm neer max in logic and still getting jacked on payouts. dont reply to post without reading it lol. I have worked long and hard and still getting nothing for my efforts Im not asking for a free ride but asking for a ride that will be fun to hop on from time to time. you like working your butt off and get nothing for it? great have fun being a Lemming. I dont mind a little work from time to time but would love a break from time to time as well. please dont reply if all your going to do is attack a post in which you havent even read all the way thru.I've been playing neerly 5 yrs dont talk to me as if Im some kind of a newbie. Ive noticed lately anyone with a complaint is getting slapted down for showing concerns on week points of the game, thats just wrong. thiers other ways of responding to posts without being so defensive and carry your point across just as effective. anyways keep in mind when replying to a post read it fully thru before attacking the post. P.S. just be cool.

G

I wish you luck in your future job negotiations. Seriously.

On what numerical facts are you basing your claim that you are "getting jacked"? Legacy figures? What exactly should be reasonable payout for a max-skilled sim working in a max-group setting? Before you come up with some arbitrary figure, you need to consider what the ultimate value of the job is in reference to all other aspects of the game. Should an honest day's work really be able to buy you a house? Or is it more reasonable for an honest day's work to be able to buy a large appliance? How many days' honest work should buying a home require?

This is more than just throwing out arbitrary, meaningless numbers. The numbers must be able to inter-relate with other numbers and figures in the game. The numbers in the legacy system made no sense with respect to other figures, which is why it was so easy to get so much with so little effort, and subsequently become so bored because there was no challenge.

F

frogger2

ok you want a nice rounded out number for max skill 1 should get at least 20 bucks per object when working on a single money object all alone at least that way it will be something for all your hard work in skilling thier you freaking happy now.thats your 1 up number just give us with max skill 20 bucks per payout thats it . threads now closed to Lemmings replies.