• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pay Doors not working right?

G

I set up a pay door, toying with the idea of charging for food. I brought one of my alts on to test it out, when she went through the door, it took out five bucks from her account, and put ONE buck in my account. I thought, well ok the rest is going in the house owners account. SO i messaged her to see if she is getting anything and i have my alt do it again twice, once more, each time i got a buck and the owner got NOTHING! What is going on here? Yet another way to drain money out of the economy???? This is a bit of a joke i think!

I

imported_MattelMichele

It's a bug i think
having the same problem myself. I should report it but i'm lazy & still hung over from drinks & cupcakes

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Make sure your pay door is set to accommodate all roomies in the house. If 8 people live in house you must set pay door for a minimum of $8. Each roomie receives $1. Pay doors are split evenly between number of people living there. If there are only 5 people living in house then the $5 pay should distribute $1 to each player. I have noticed lag time between the time someone goes thru door and when money is actually recieved.

G

Oooh just a thought - wouldn't it be great if when we can script things that someone creates a door where they money goes straight into the fridge or maybe even better have a pool account where this money goes to, which is used first and formost for the Fridge then Repairs......

Maybe thats one for the Devs to work on as I'm making it more complicated

G

<blockquote><hr>

Make sure your pay door is set to accommodate all roomies in the house. If 8 people live in house you must set pay door for a minimum of $8. Each roomie receives $1. Pay doors are split evenly between number of people living there. If there are only 5 people living in house then the $5 pay should distribute $1 to each player. I have noticed lag time between the time someone goes thru door and when money is actually recieved.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a kink in the wire I hadn't thought of. Some sims are willing to pay $3 per plate flat fee, others might even be willing to pay $8 if the service is good on top of the food being 20.99 HC, but I doubt anybody would be willing to pay $24 per plate (what you'd have to charge to get $3 per plate on your own sim if you live in a house with the max roomies + owner) in our present economy with things being like they are. I know I wouldn't even if the roomie cooking had 20.99 cooking. If that roomie is doing the cooking but another one is doing the serenading, I want the 'extra' portion of my tip to be able to go to the serenader and the pay for the food to go to cook. In that scenario you couldn't do that, even though the money would still be the same (25 simoleans per green cycle is about normal for me, sometimes 50 if I've had a few consecutive shifts at the diner) Roomies who didn't show up would still get a share. Ewwwww no thanks. I say either get 20.99 and then charge 2 simoleans a plate for buffet (since I proved that the buffet table owner's cooking skill matters) so that I can pay for my food but still tip extra to serenaders for serenades, or just do like others are doing and keep food free.

G

LOL I been thinking about stuff like that too. Or the ability to filll a fridge as a guest. We can call a repairman as a guest already.

G

You have a valid point and i may go ahead and just charge for buffett leaving the option to tip. Yes i know most houses are not charging but they are very concerned.

I have read in here on many posts that it cost several thousand a day to run a popular house.

No way i am going to spend real cash to make that money up nor do i think i would be able to make enough to run a good house on just my job pay and on job objects.

I also do not think it is fair for homeowners to work their Avi buns off providing good service then killing themselves to pay for the services they provide.

IMO if a few houses started charging then more would follow suit. Also IMO people are not charging now because they are afraid it would be detrimental to their houses. This would not be a problem if it became the norm to charge. I plan on doing my part on making it the norm. If it fails, then it fails.