• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch or Die!

F

Feyre

Bone chairs, couches, and tables
Mounted pixie trophies
haunted pitchers
haunted mirrors
Bed of nails
omg omg omg
makes pitchers for all to see
gimme a few

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

er maybe it's Patch and Die (to UOA)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah.. that's well put.. with every patch I realize how UOA-Dependent I've become..

G

Has anyone found a way yet to make the macro's work again? I assume it's the object references that cause the problem, right?

Kind regards

M

Mandolin

Happens with most patches.. something that gets updated on Tugsoft's side I think and takes anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days to correct itself.

A

Asmodi_Mhul

<blockquote><hr>

Happens with most patches.. something that gets updated on Tugsoft's side I think and takes anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days to correct itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, just like that other lil proggie...you know the scripters hate these patches

R

riffraff

I haven't checked it this time but I am assuming it's doing the same thing - what happens is UOA doesn't get the "shard" you're logged into, so it just looks for your macros and other char data in the wrong spot. It's easy to understand but hard to explain.. basically if you go into Program Files/UOAssist/UOA-Settings/(account_name)/ you will see shard directories.. and inside those your char's data directory. If you copy your char's directory from inside the shard directory to one level up then UOA will find it there until Tug makes an update. In the past people have explained it much better than I can right now.. maybe try a search in the forums to find these posts if my explination is hard to understand.

G

Your explanation works just fine for me :) It works! Thanks!!

Kind regards

G

This worked for me:

I copied everything under the old macro location:

C:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\MyAcctName\Siege Perilous\MyCharName

to

C:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\MyAcctName\MyCharName
(the new folder that was created today after the patch)

My macros are all back...

C

Cors Liadon

wow, i never knew it worked like that. i have all of mine backed up, so i just delete the current set of macros, and paste the old ones back over. that usually works for me. im gonna try it your way.