• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch Error...

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Hi all,

I honestly didn't know where I should have posted this. Apologies if posted in the wrong area.

I am getting this patch error message when I attempt to load the UO client (EC) from a fresh boot up. It happens also when I close the client (exit not just log out and leave it open in the background), but that I fixable with a REBOOT.

However, now, I am getting it on a FRESH start up of the computer. No, UO isn't already running. Fresh load.

Anyone get this error or know how to fix it (please, let's not debate EC and CC or say EC should be removed and I should be running CC! I have heard this debate before LOL! I get it!) ;)

Help? Thank you!

patcherror.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ugh! I feel for you as I was getting that for awhile as well... Gods I wish I could remember what I did to fix it...

Oh!!!! I think I remember... I had to start up my computer in "safe" mode and delete that file called uopatch.bin It seemed to be corrupt and I was totally unable to tell my computer that I owned it. Something very wrong with it... But shortly after that I discovered that my NVidia driver was over a YEAR out of date... So continued to have difficulties playing UO and ended up having to take my PC to a friend and he updated the driver and then everything was fine and dandy...

Now whether this is your issue or not really don't know but that is how my problem started.

I still don't get how my Vid card driver could have been that far out of date as it updated regularly far as I could tell but apparently it wasn't really updating the vid driver as it was the stupid control panel driver or whatever... hope that helps

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Alex...Delete UO and redownload? (did you see the panic on my face just then?) :shots:

Surely my vid card isn't old yet? (just thinking out loud, I bought the computer, a laptop, in Nov 2016). :wall:

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Just reboot your computer! That's what I did and it is gone. ::)
I do. :) Everytime it happens which is now everytime I boot the computer up (aka FRESH and never loaded UO). Boot computer. Wait for it to do its thing. Click UO to load. PATCH ERROR. And it does go away, for that moment. :(

If I close out UO and reload it, yea I will have to reboot the laptop. Rebooting the laptop WAS the answer until it was happening several TIMES a day. Now its beyond a joke.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hi all,

I honestly didn't know where I should have posted this. Apologies if posted in the wrong area.

I am getting this patch error message when I attempt to load the UO client (EC) from a fresh boot up. It happens also when I close the client (exit not just log out and leave it open in the background), but that I fixable with a REBOOT.

However, now, I am getting it on a FRESH start up of the computer. No, UO isn't already running. Fresh load.

Anyone get this error or know how to fix it (please, let's not debate EC and CC or say EC should be removed and I should be running CC! I have heard this debate before LOL! I get it!) ;)

Help? Thank you!

View attachment 69371
Find the patch folder and delete everything in it.

Restart the client and patch.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Alex...Delete UO and redownload? (did you see the panic on my face just then?) :shots:

Surely my vid card isn't old yet? (just thinking out loud, I bought the computer, a laptop, in Nov 2016). :wall:
It's not that bad just remember to copy the User Data folder found in Documents... put that on your desktop and after you reinstall just delete the new one and drop yours back in there.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
off topic - but i update my video drivers every time Nvidia or Amd comes out with a new one.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Free program from IOBit that is called Driver Booster, used it for years, you can scan manually or have it autoscan and it tells you when any of your drivers are out of date. Great program and free.

Makes me wonder why Windows 10 doesn't seem to do this updating, it's so invasive and insistent that you'd think it does everything.