• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Password change accepted, receive the confirm email, only old password works.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
O.k. the password change setup now doesn't refuse the attempted password change. Progress.

Still have to use the old password to access my account though. Not good progress. :(

1) Sign into Account Management Page
2) Click password change button in lower left corner
3) Enter the new password
4) Click the save button

**It's Accepted!!**

5) Get told a confirmation email will be sent.
6) Log out of Account Management setup
7) Attempt to log back in with new password and it's refused
8) Attempt to log back in with old password and it works.

Went through this a few times last night and twice this morning, still don't have a new password on my account and the emails confirming my password change are piling up in my email account. Can another attempt be made to get the password change setup working again? Check your work this time.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moved to accounts management. Dropixel can hopefully help.
Does email say which password was changed? We have, potentially, three. EA account, Mythic Master account and product account.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moved to accounts management. Dropixel can hopefully help.
Does email say which password was changed? We have, potentially, three. EA account, Mythic Master account and product account.
Bioware Mythic
Password Change Notification

Your password for Bioware Mythic Game Account for Ultima Online and Username ******** has been updated via the Account Management site.
If you did not authorize this, please contact the Support department.
You may contact Support via help.ea.com. Click on “Contact Us” and follow the simple steps. If you are based in the US, this website allows you to leave your phone number for us to call you back.
This is an automated email from the Account Management site for Bioware Mythic.

Only password change option in the Account Management setup is that lower left corner button. Is it only changing an UN-needed password for the single account? I assumed it was just one more whacky wording feature in the new drive-away-customers billing system. I don't find an option for any other password changes.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried to log in Landreu and it didn't work. That was the password that lower left button changed.

I've got a very clear case of b.s. overload where anything to do with EA's procedures and Customer Service is concerned. I go from calm to cussing ticked with the least little hassle where their concerned anymore. May have to get a slavering horde together, build some catapults outside their building, and barrage it with water balloons full of stale beer. Real cheap nasty stale beer. Pitchforks with marshmallows, hotdogs, the whole nine yards. :fight:

Getting back on topic:

This changed the password for the Account Management page.

1) On the Account Management page give it your email password then click "Forgot your EA Account password".

2) At next screen enter your email password again and click "Forgot password"

3) This screen enter your email password and the letters shown below it.

4) Check your email account for a email with the topic "Origin Account password help". Follow the link it provides.

5) Enter your new password twice.