• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Passive Pet Farming

S

Sarphus

A while back I mentioned that I have a stealth shepherd that I use to passively farm creatures. The template is as follows...

100 Hiding
80 Stealth
120 Ninja
100 Herding
110 Animal Lore
110 Focus
90 Magery

You don't really need 120 ninja, but what else was I going to spend my skill points on? I chose focus instead of med, because it keeps my stamina up when I'm toolin around in ninja forms that don't regen stamina.

I wear that event suit that's all 70's 100% LRC and some basic 2/6 jewlery. I don't need a lot of crazy mods, because it's primarily a scout character. He just needs to be able to survive.

I primarily use the magery to recall and mark. Sometimes I use it to heal up if I'm really messed up, but usually can't cast spells because I'm in ninja forms.

So far I have only used the template to scout greater dragons, but that will change very soon. I haven't run around to mark all my runes yet.

Edit:
Forgot to mention... I call it passive pet farming, because I basically check all the spawns once a day, but I don't kill anything.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's an interesting way to do it :)

I'd love to have just a few more skill points on Ailsa to boost up her stealthing, but I put more points into lore and vet than I really needed to.

Ailsa's temp looks like this:

120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
100 mage
100 herding
100 hide
60 stealth

I've got med and eval on a spare char to soulstone around if necessary, but I rarely if ever do it.

Think I might put a little lore onto my stealth ninja disco thief concoction, but we'll see. I'm playing with a few new templates at once, so we haven't road tested that one yet :D

Wenchy

S

Sarphus

I've been running a variant of this template for months. I didn't have magery or focus on the variant because I had music & discord. The old variant was intended to also serve as a support char for my other account, but I changed my mind to have him specialize in pet farming.

Having magery really helps the template. It lets me farm more than one type of creature. I'm farming bakes, beetles and greater dragons because there are places where I can find a lot of each of those.

EDIT:
Oh, and I plan to run this char primarily in the KR client. KR client has a lot of non-combat functionality that will make this template a lot easier to run.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Version

Animal Lore 120
Animal Taming 120
Hiding 100
Magery 110
Meditation 71
Stealth 100
Veterinary 120

Honor Maxed

LRC 100+
DCI 45
Sword of Prosperity Mage -0 Weapon

Average resist is 50, min 47 high 52

This tamer is used to scout Pets to tame and tame them if they are worth taming.

I role over Cu's and am starting to look at rolling over the Greaters to see what pops up.

Come Monday I am going to create a Stealthy, Stealing Full Bard on the other account. I have a disco'r on this account and find myself in need of one on the other account, so I chose to go weird (for me)

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use my stealth/tamer a lot to find good pets. I've had this template on her for a few years now.

She's

120 Tame
120 Lore
120 Vet
110 Mage
100 Hide
120 Stealth
30 Focus (atm for stam regen)

I'll use Honor if I see a really good pet that I can't get separated enough to lead tame. And I have 100 Herding that I switch out with Vet sometimes so I can Tame easier, or if I just want to mess with people.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grins* I think herding is really handy for scouting and selecting tames. I wouldn't be without it now, especially in Fel. Gives me a very good getaway if I'm scouting or hunting in Fel and a red pack turns up. Just herd pet one way and stealth the other hehe.

I think I'm going to shuffle around my soulstones so Ailsa can swap GM magery for 80 odd instead and boost her stealth up. I soulstoned the magery off my young necro tamer to make way for her new skills the other day, so I might as well try it. Completely forgot about that till I logged in this morning. Senility is setting in, along with soulstone addiction..... ;)

Wenchy