• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parry Or Resist

G

I am trying to figure out which one is more usefull in my template
Anatomy 110
Chivalry 87.2 but working to GM
Healing 94.3
Swords 110
Tacts 105
Focus 100 for training faster chiv, might trade this for bushido
Parry 76.3 maybe switch for resist?
these are straight skills no modifers
I dont have these crazy weapons and armor some of you people have
I do have a legendary smith and tailor so it will be basic weapons and armor till I can get some good gear
I would like to someday do champ spawns and doom so I can get some good stuff

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like both, but many will say Resist isn't as useful in PvM as Parrying might be.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For a PvM oriented character, parry is best, but as a purist I'd say replace focus with Resist, instead of Bushido (I personally think that having over 50 in one of the skills Chivalry, Necromancy, Bushido or Ninjitsu should prevent the other skills listed from being more than half the skill of the primary).

Frankly, I'd not have Tactics or Anatomy over GM (or less than GM, for that matter - both get an additional +5% DI bonus at GM), unless you've got extra points to play with (such as from equipment), as long as you keep your natural Tactics score at at least 90 (for special moves).

I

imported_Farsight

As a PvM melee fighter, resist only helps against spell casters. Parry helps against everything you fight.

G

GuitarStrings129

110 swords
100 tactics
100 anat
100 focus(i personally like med. you have chiv for divine fury if you really stamina)
100 parry
90 healing
80 chiv
if you have vet points put them in chiv
90 healing means you never fail a bandage (your fingers will slip but a bandage will always succeed to apply.)

G

I got this template from a friend and im really pleased with it

115 mace
100 tactics
110 parry
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 resist
95 chivalry

D

dorkuberalles

parry is more or less imperative for melee fighters. the chance to completely block an attack, and in some cases, block a special attack is worth a lot more than protection from high end spellcasters. both are worthwhile, but you;ll get more from parry