• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parry on a pet, what difference is there with 100 vs. 110 vs. 120 ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any real benefit for raisning Parry on a pet above 100 or would the benefits be only marginal and thus not worth the scroll invested ?

Thanks !

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if pets are calculated like they have a shield equipped, or like they have a weapon equipped...

100 Parry -> 120
If it's a shield you go from 30 to 35% chance to parry.
If it's treated like a weapon 17 to 20% Chance to parry

Factoring Equal Wrestling + Shield 65% Chance to not get hit to 67.5%.
Factoring equal Wrestling if it's a weapon 58% To 60%

Going from 115 to 120 is literally Negligible.
Factoring equal Wrestling ~67%->67.5% if it's a shield, 59% To 60% if it's treated like a weapon.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As 110s are relatively easy to get from hitting spawns and even doing Fel T-maps, I'd do 110, not much need for greater.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As 110s are relatively easy to get from hitting spawns and even doing Fel T-maps, I'd do 110, not much need for greater.
I can understand that, the thing though, that I was trying to understand, is what are the Parry bonuses on a pet at 100.0 , 110.0 ans 120.0 levels to even make a knolwedged judgement call on whether to apply "at all" any Powerscroll (and thus spend training points on it...)...

I mean, if the bonus is only marginal when applying a 110.0 or 120.0 Parry Powerscroll, then one would be even better off to stay with 100.0 and use the points elsewhere...

Question is, though, what are the actual bonuses given by Parry to pets at 100.0, 110.0 and 120.0 ?

Does anyone know them ?

What King Greg mentions, is how Parry applies to Characters, I am not sure whether the exact same applies to pets especially, since pets hold no weapon so, I am not sure how the bonus from Parry when holding a weapon would translate onto a pet....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@popps. I really don't believe you are actually going to do a damn thing but.

Hit/Miss and Effective Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com Parry matters. Shouldn't you be getting drops in Deceit instead of wasting time with hypothetical nonsense? less than 14 days left. Since you have posted at least 20 posts about wanting to change how Deceit works, maybe you should play instead of worrying about a scroll that costs less than 1 drop item in Deceit!