• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parry gain woes!

• Thread starter MagrothPac
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MagrothPac

Ok, I've been stuck at 108.7 parry for almost a year now! What does it take to get a freaking parry gain? Yes, I have the points to gain in it. It simply never gains, not even with GGS! And please don't tell me to go let cows and sheep accost me while naked with a shield. It doesn't work for me.
Maybe I should have posted this in Spiels 'n Rants?

M

MagrothPac

Seriously...should I bug report this? I've never seen a skill so impossible to raise before.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some very simple ways to take Parry to Legendary in 3 hours. If you follow those instructions and don't gain anything, you may want to commit suicide. Sometimes gains get unstuck when you die.

Update: since all the parry skill gain posts have fallen out of this forum, I'll repost the instructions here:

1) Make sure you have skill points available. If you don't then set an unwanted skill down.
2) Arm yourself with a weapon you have no skill in. Make sure that skill is pointed down.
3) DO NOT use a shield unless you also have bushido
4) Wear a suit that has no DCI on it. Make sure all pieces are repaired (up to 255 if possible).
5) Locate a farm where you can find lots of rabbits and sheep. My personal favorite is on the island just NW of Jhelom.
6) While in War Mode. Agro at least 8 sheep and rabbits. Don't let them get close to you or you will kill them. Just let them all chase you around until you have all 8 following you, then head to the middle of the farmyard and toggle out of war mode.
7) The gains will come relatively fast and the damage very light. If you have alot of HP Regen stuff, you won't even have to bother healing yourself.

Because this works so fast, I wouldn't even bother buying skill up to 30, but you can if you want to save yourself about 5 minutes.

M

MagrothPac

Update: It didn't seem to be working, so I went and got myself killed. Got a couple of parry gains shortly after that from the farm animals, and seem well on my way to finishing Parry
Guess I'm just too good at not dying for my own good when playing my Paladin..hehe
Thanks much!

D

DuttyD

Had to bring back this thread. I was show it and am gaining faster than focus. Give it a few minutes and you will gain... I was at 98.7 the hard way, 15 min later im gm

D

DuttyD

thought I should add that I soulstoned Swords, Tactics, and Bushido. Before I soulstoned them gains werent coming

G

Glad to hear you finally got your gains...
I thought people were still disarming the female fighters in the jhelom pit for quick legendary.

Lord Havok

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye Monster Magnet, I still prefer the jhelom pits, since you don't take any damage from the ladies

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a tidbit of info here. Dont use a shield period. The whole point of the trick working is not to use a shield. Its to use a 2handed weapon of a skill you dont use. With or without bushido. I have bush on 1 char and the sheep tricked worked for me using a 2handed weapon. Personally I dont use any armor. Since the sheep do hit you they beat the heck out of your armor. And you have to repair it more. Just go naked with alot of aids.

D

Detharleon

I punched from 110 to 115 in about an hour. no armor, 2h weapon locked to 0. I used a combination of 3 sheep, 1 lamma, 2 mongbats, 1 deer. That was a nice range where I could maintain my bandage healing. I just wandered around the woods in Fel outside of Minoc... so I guess I was pseudo 8x8 training it, regardless it worked.

C

Cygnas

Add in Bracelet of health (+10 HP regen) and woodland armor made from bloodwood (+2 HP to +4 regen each piece), and you won't ever have to heal. I have several pieces of the woodland armor with self-repair on them and don't even have to worry about the armor breaking.

Of course, you have to be an elf to wear the woodland armor, but any armor with HP regen helps.

D

Deathin

I used that method got to GM in a few hours, absolutely amazing!! Thanks for that!

K

Karthcove

Sheep?! I guess it is much better than using multiple blade spirits and a few shields
I guess your also going to tell me no one uses the bonewall for swords/mace/fencing weapon gains anymore? Glad I'm back, so much new to learn!

G

Lol; i've cruzed by the bone wall for old times sake, but it's always empty. Indeed the key is to use a two handed weapon that you have 0 skill in, and get wacked away. For those with no healing try the jhelom pit as seen above. Simply disarm as many female fighters as you can and lead them to a cozy spot for a night out. You have to tab after the first hit or your probably gonna kill them so be ready to tab. Once you have enough swap to a two handed weapon that you have 0 skill in and be plumeted. After a few hours you go from 0 to 120. They only do damage to your weapon, not your goodies. This method has worked for many years that I'm aware of and is current. Good luck...