• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Parry and Bushido

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I want a Sampire that I can use to solo some peerless and maybe some spawns.

After searching and looking at a lot of different templates for Sampires, I am very confused about Parry and Bushido. Some say it is a waste to have parry because Bushido has a natural parry using a 2 handed weapon while others say 120 Bushido and Parry, and a few even say 120 Bushido and 60 parry. So what should I be planning on?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
120 + 60 to get 300 points (with 120 weapon)
120 + 120 for max defense
choose what suits you better

3.7. Parrying

Parrying and Bushido skills are checked during combat to determine whether an attack can be fully blocked.
If you are using a shield, the Bushido skill will actually lessen your chance to block an attack.
Bushido has excellent skills - Confidence and Evasion - that work with Parrying. So for a melee warrior is better to have Bushido and don't use shields.
Parrying is counted for special moves mana reduction. A popular way to get 300 points for mana reduction is: 120 weapon, 120 Bushido, 60 Parrying (120 Bushido + 60 Parrying gives you the same chance to block as 120 Parrying + 60 Bushido).
(you may click this small red up-arraw to read more about bushido)

Last edited:

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I want a Sampire that I can use to solo some peerless and maybe some spawns.

After searching and looking at a lot of different templates for Sampires, I am very confused about Parry and Bushido. Some say it is a waste to have parry because Bushido has a natural parry using a 2 handed weapon while others say 120 Bushido and Parry, and a few even say 120 Bushido and 60 parry. So what should I be planning on?

I am really curious about this as well. I would love to be able to save those 60 parry points for chiv and anat 120 resist when necessary. If I play as mostly a counter striker I need the high parry to have more chance to counter? or am I missing something here?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I believe you need 120 parry to use CS most effectively. In this case you can get 10 DI from your armor (one woodland armor piece with 10 DI and 5 metal armor pieces including metal M&S) and get max DI/HCI without jewels. (if you are going to use swordsmanship... for fencing you will probably want 55 HML). This allows you to have 800-820 skill at your template.