• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parrots

T

Trinny

Does anyone know the best place to farm parrots? I'd like one of the rare coloured ones, but it seems that on Europa they are hard to come by via vendors.

I'd prefer an area that isn't too busy/intense with mobs. Thanks. :thumbup1:

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are only 7 rare colored parrots which can only be gotten from ML peerless bosses, but I've gotten majority of the colors from Lady Melisande.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far as I recall, rare colour parrots only come from champ loot, so few mobs or low level mobs isn't really an option when farming them yourself.

Been awhile since I've done any regular champing, Trinny, but most of my parrots on Europa came from Fel Mel (and, of course, most kind gifts from my guildies).

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still can't believe that these parrots were the staff's idea of house-pets back with ML! I'm still waiting for real pets, like cats and dogs. Mostly cats. :thumbup1:

T

Tuchman

I still can't believe that these parrots were the staff's idea of house-pets back with ML! I'm still waiting for real pets, like cats and dogs. Mostly cats. :thumbup1:
The cats would be using your new raised flower beds as a kitty box:whip:

J

Jingles

Oh yes I can't wait for cats too. Though I'm sure the devs are too busy to sort that out for us =)

T

Trinny

So far as I recall, rare colour parrots only come from champ loot, so few mobs or low level mobs isn't really an option when farming them yourself.

Been awhile since I've done any regular champing, Trinny, but most of my parrots on Europa came from Fel Mel (and, of course, most kind gifts from my guildies).
Ah I see, thanks for the insight! I didn't realise the rare coloured ones came from bosses. That's a shame, unable to solo any, so I guess I'll just keep a look out. But you've saved me from hours or farming, so thanks! :p

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Host a weekly parrot hunt and chain Mel for an hour. Fairly fun one to do with a smaller group :)

Good luck finding your parrot!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'd prefer an area that isn't too busy/intense with mobs. Thanks. :thumbup1:

Best place I have found is Twisted Weald. They drop on Cu Sidhes fairly often, picked up 3 there this morning in about 45 minutes. Cu's drop fast with a fey book, exp, fs. Rest of the spawn never messes with you as long as you hold onto + karma.

*edit*

Also I have pulled a Bubblegum Pink one off of the Cu's before.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rare colour parrots are the ones the OP, Trinny, is seeking.

Non-rare colour parrots drop from many, many things.

So far as I've ever been aware, rare colour parrots only drop from Peerless bosses.

Is there a list somewhere of possible Peerless boss loot? Despite my very best search attempts, nothing is cropping up for me.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can find nothing on Stratics when it relates to parrots that drop specifically. I could be overlooking it tho. However there is something on the other "guide" that is out there. It says nothing about the rare colors dropping from Peerless Bosses specifically *shrugs*. I do kill many. many, MANY Cu's in trying to hit the UO version of the lottery {aka Blaze Cu} and in all those kills I have only pulled one of the rare colors off of them, the pink one I mentioned above.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After many thousands of cus & para cu's (six blaze cu's worth since release), I've never once had a rare colour parrot from one. I believe you are genuinely mistaken.

I've never had a rare colour parrot from anything other than a peerless boss.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If it were any other color than the Bubblegum one I would agree with you as my monitor {or my eyes} does play tricks on me with alot of hues, especially when it comes to hair dyes. Of course it could just be rng. Out of thousands and thousands of Cu's dead at my feet I have yet to see a Blaze Cu, just because I have never spawned one I do not hold the opinion they do not spawn tho *shrugs*

T

Trinny

It's actually the pink one I'd prefer, so I guess I could try CU's and see what happens. I too can't find anywhere where it says only peerless drops the rare colours.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the rare color parrots come from ML champs.

Checked with friends who use to do ML champs and all said your best bet is Lady Mel, and Dreadhorn.

I use to have house pets back when they didnt decay from your homes and there was no limit to tamed animals. Most of my homes had a dog or cat or even a few bunnys. Miss having them.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it were any other color than the Bubblegum one I would agree with you as my monitor {or my eyes} does play tricks on me with alot of hues, especially when it comes to hair dyes. Of course it could just be rng. Out of thousands and thousands of Cu's dead at my feet I have yet to see a Blaze Cu, just because I have never spawned one I do not hold the opinion they do not spawn tho *shrugs*
Named and Peerless Loot - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Parrots are obtainable from Mondain's Legacy monsters.

Rare colour parrots are obtained from peerless bosses.

You can get parrots from cu sidhes and paragon cu sidhes. This is not disputed. I drop parrots on the sand on a regular basis.

The rare colour parrots can only be looted from peerless bosses.

Thanks to UO Guide, here are the rare colours:-
edited out pic to save UO Guide's bandwidth!

T

Trinny

Named and Peerless Loot - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Parrots are obtainable from Mondain's Legacy monsters.

You can get parrots from cu sidhes and paragon cu sidhes. This is not disputed. I drop parrots on the sand on a regular basis.

Thanks to UO Guide, here are the rare colours:-
edited out pic to save UO Guide's bandwidth!
Learn something new everyday. =) Thanks all for the info!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Yes rare color parrots are obtained from peerles bosses. That is not in dispute. But I see nothing listed on their site that stipulates they can ONLY be looted from peerless bosses. I understand that is your belief and that is fine, as I have said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, I know full well where I looted a Bubblegum parrot from. I have no clue as to how or why it dropped on a Cu corpse but it did. Maybe it was at the result of a glitch, or a bad patch, or maybe it is coded in but you have not ran across it yet for yourself.... but I know for a 100% fact it was looted off a Cu. When or if I run across another one on a Cu's corpse I will gladly take a screenie and display it here provided this thread is still around at that time. At one time parrots in general were thought to be only on named ML critters yet that changed also, as they reference in the far right hand column. Point being? Somtimes facts are only as good as the information available at the time.

I am sorry what I say does not fit into your the scope of how UO is or should be. My last post on the matter until a pic is available. Others believe what you choose.....

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Initially, it was thought parrots were only on *named* ML monster corpses. Says so right where I linked and you've also displayed.

What was discovered is that common parrots spawn on any old ML monster corpse.

Rare colours, however, are looted only from ML peerless champ corpses.

As you said in an earlier post, it is very easy to confuse the colours. :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing change and nothing is updated. UOGuide states that a val runic is only from the 20x val plate large BOD. Like many been trying to collect and earn my own val hammer for years and never supported Hack vendors selling them by the dozens.

Well two nights ago I was rewarded a val hammer runic from an exc gold plate large. Just like there is a little extra code to make a tally "Owned by noone" there could be a little extra for parrot loot off chance to get a rare color. They do a lot of rug pulling on us to make the game fun. There just is not enough sneeky fun going on is all. Who else wants the gypsies turned back on for a moonstone jewelry chance. Just with their odds of getting one, make them imbue special with 6 slots or 600 point cap.

Jewels was the one imbue item that could be done with the skill to make gold on vendors with. Not needing tons of PoF being the key. Now with Shame jewels that is slowed. All this time to earn a val runic in an off way. And this day and age there is nothing I can think of to make with it. Now if a wndow came up when using a runic that allowed you to pick one mod to be on the item made. Mod reaches cap of the runic type used that might make a difference.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the absence of an extremely unlikely official confirmation of *rare colour parrot* drops being changed to include non-peerless champ loot, I am inclined to put it down to genuine error.