• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paragon Chests In Ice

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Everyone else focused on drops, but am focusing on the Chests :thumbup1:

Ones I have so far:
White Wyrm
Artic Ogre Lord
Ice Fiend
Crimson Drake
Snow Elemental

Have fought a lot of Para Ice Wyrms and Platinum Drakes (around 20 each) and no chest. Anyone confirm if they drop chests?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dang, I need to check bodies. All the AOLs I killed in the past, would be nice to get a chest.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've only gotten AOL chests :(

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah i remember that. I guess you need to on the quest to get it spawn?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh yeah i remember that. I guess you need to on the quest to get it spawn?
Yes.. and you can only do the quest chain once on a character.

It looks better in the Classic Client imho...
Untitled.png

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't turn it the quest can you keep spawning it?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killed one Para one and no chest and 40 regular ones and no maps.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Killed one Para one and no chest and 40 regular ones and no maps.
I am up to over 100 normal ones as well with no map. But I will keep trying here and there until content is over. I try not to spawn them when a lot of players are around.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm up to about 100 as well, no maps and nothing on the 6 para ones i killed. Good gold and you can get SSI jewelry off them tho :)

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The normal version of the mobs have to drop a t-map in order to spawn a chest as a paragon. So far I have arctic ogre lord, ice fiend, & white wyrm chests. I do not ever remember a snow elemental dropping a map. Platinum drakes, dragons piss me off because they are aggro and you lose karma for killing them. So I avoid them.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The normal version of the mobs have to drop a t-map in order to spawn a chest as a paragon. So far I have arctic ogre lord, ice fiend, & white wyrm chests. I do not ever remember a snow elemental dropping a map. Platinum drakes, dragons piss me off because they are aggro and you lose karma for killing them. So I avoid them.
I don't remember snow elles dropping a map either, but they do drop chests. So I guess they have to drop maps too.
Untitled.jpg

Is karma loss that big of a deal though? I mean ya make that up on the next kill. When your Karma is 10+k a little decline does not matter much.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember snow elles dropping a map either, but they do drop chests. So I guess they have to drop maps too.
View attachment 114487

Is karma loss that big of a deal though? I mean ya make that up on the next kill. When your Karma is 10+k a little decline does not matter much.
Only if your karma is low. When you lose *a lot of karma* it is not a minor amount. It is 500 or more per hit. It adds up very fast.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe the one I looted came from someone it killed
I'm pretty sure I got 2 maps off plain snow eles tonight. Since I'm on LS they spawned as I ran thru the empty passages. Players started logging off at midnight, I actually got a decent amount of drops for an hour. More than I got the previous 4 hours.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The more Karma you have, the more you lose from killing Platinum Drakes, and the harder it is to regain that Karma. My Chiv/Macer had 32k Karma, killed 1 Plat Drake, and dropped by about 700 down to 31,300. At 30k+ Karma, killing monsters doesn't gain it at all, the only way to cap it back out at 32k is by doing Exodus.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
The more Karma you have, the more you lose from killing Platinum Drakes, and the harder it is to regain that Karma. My Chiv/Macer had 32k Karma, killed 1 Plat Drake, and dropped by about 700 down to 31,300. At 30k+ Karma, killing monsters doesn't gain it at all, the only way to cap it back out at 32k is by doing Exodus.
Haven’t been to this high. How about abscess in fel?

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the paragon chests on Ice fiends might be broken for levels. I killed regular ice fiends and get a cache map and also killed a bunch of paragon ice fiend to get a chest but when I opened the chest the maps are cache level as well; I thought the paragon chests always had 1 level higher map in the chest than you would loot (so shouldn't it be hoard map?).

Can anyone confirm this is how it should work? Wondering if it's bugged just for the event or if paragon chests no longer work that way.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is all changed after the new t-map system. When doing t-maps in the past, each chest contained a guaranteed map & it was a higher level map. It is not so now with the new system. The maps in chests when I dug them up in the new system was a random level & was not guaranteed to be one in a chest. The same for paragons. I get maps rarely instead of chests. They are supply or cache, even on high karma such as lich lord paragons. That has been my experience so far.

Anyone have a different experience?

JBOlsen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Opend around 10 paragon posion elemental chest during the deceit event all cache lvl maps, same for the lich lord chests.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I guess the indicator would be doing Miasma? Anyone know if the Miasma chest contain Hoard or are they also cache?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haven’t been to this high. How about abscess in fel?
Fel doubles the Fame of creatures, not the Karma. Also gives +1,000 Luck in Fel for loot. I farm Abscess in Fel on my Tamer with 3,989 Luck (4,989 after Fel bonus), he frequently drops decent Legendary gear. Stand 10+ tiles away (to avoid the insta killing Hydra Breath) as i run Consume Damage on a 120 Chiv+AI 100% Cold Platinum Drake, and he kills a discoed Abscess just fine with full Health the whole time.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
Fel doubles the Fame of creatures, not the Karma. Also gives +1,000 Luck in Fel for loot. I farm Abscess in Fel on my Tamer with 3,989 Luck (4,989 after Fel bonus), he frequently drops decent Legendary gear. Stand 10+ tiles away (to avoid the insta killing Hydra Breath) as i run Consume Damage on a 120 Chiv+AI 100% Cold Platinum Drake, and he kills a discoed Abscess just fine with full Health the whole time.
So the Stratics wiki page is not correct - Abscess - Stratics Community Wiki

how did you bring a non ridable pet into that chaotic place? by summoning?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the Stratics wiki page is not correct - Abscess - Stratics Community Wiki

how did you bring a non ridable pet into that chaotic place? by summoning?
I lure away the spawn with another char that is mounted, so i just have Abscess by himself in his corner. He almost instantly respawns though, so i gotta drag him out a little then kill him, so i have time to loot the corpse.