• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parade and Christmas BOD Trees Can End

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As of a couple of days ago the parade in Britain and the BOD Christmas Trees were still going on.

Both should end. Their time has passed. No Holiday season lasts forever. And even Ancient Roman Triumphs ended sooner or later. When we face our next existential threat it'll be embarrassing if we're still celebrating the victory against the previous one.

-John's player

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't mind the trees going but I like the parade. Besides, Mardi Gras just started - I haven't even gotten tired of King Cake yet. Who am I kidding, one can never tire of King Cake.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not mention that the Governor of Britain (one of my characters) on LA has a wagon full of undead, and some gender-fluid bovines pulling another, in front of her office.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I only just noticed they were still sat there, yeah it's been a while and I think those people should all be allowed to go home, has the King been stood out there for months? How embarrassing! Good thing we didn't get snow, the cold might have killed them....

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only just noticed they were still sat there, yeah it's been a while and I think those people should all be allowed to go home, has the King been stood out there for months? How embarrassing! Good thing we didn't get snow, the cold might have killed them....
The king is in multiple places at once these days... outside, unprotected in front of his castle AND talking to the Time Lord in his bedroom AND in the Royal Council chambers once a month. Not sure the continuum can handle all the opportunities for paradox. (Especially since the Time Lord is also in two places at once...)

*grumbles about the Time Lord needing a mechanical canine to keep him in line*

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I noticed this on Catskills. Is this on every shard? Let them go home and tell the Town Crier to announce something else! The poor dears. :bdh:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I love the wagons but they could be stuck somewhere like on top of the roof of the Inn or British's Castle or something or put out to pasture near the EM Hall or something... out in Malas...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
theres a parade? i dont think i noticed a parade.
It was for defeating the Titans last September. If you killed a Titan you should go see Blackthorn (standing south of the bridge to his castle) for a reward (reward threshold appears to have been looting rights on the Titan).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What's funny is that I needed an extra Pyros/fire banner for a display set, and when I looked to buy one on ATL, people wanted 20-60 million for one.

I went back home to LA, and one of the people I play with that had forgotten to collect their rewards, went and collected one for me for free last week, as they knew that it would go to be on display for the shard to see, not be shipped off somewhere.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The town criers/etc are still announcing it on Siege like it's a new thing.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
At this point, they should just leave it up until next year.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya know, when you drive by a house and see it littered up with all kinds of stuff, it's spring and Christmas lights are still up, etc etc, broken things just laying around, you get the feeling someone lives there who just doesn't care, either about the house nor appearances.

I think that's the place we are in UO now...that house

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The king is in multiple places at once these days... outside, unprotected in front of his castle AND talking to the Time Lord in his bedroom AND in the Royal Council chambers once a month. Not sure the continuum can handle all the opportunities for paradox. (Especially since the Time Lord is also in two places at once...)

*grumbles about the Time Lord needing a mechanical canine to keep him in line*
Doctor Who has already worked that out. Everything is fine.