• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

para taming?

• Thread starter shadowlkj
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

shadowlkj

what are dthe effects of parataming?ive heard it lowers themax skill/stats. does it affect all pets / skills?

I

imported_Hinotori

Pets lose 10% of skills on taming. Paralyzing them will make them lose 14% of skills. All pets are effected. So for pets that can have higher than GM in a skill it is VERY detrimental to paralyze them since it lowers their cap in the high skill.

I

imported_weins201

This ONLY Effects the pet if at the Time he is Actually tamed he is paralyzed. You can paralyze them to start taming them just make sure your timing is right that when you actually get them Tamed message the pet is no longer paralyzed.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

This ONLY Effects the pet if at the Time he is Actually tamed he is paralyzed. You can paralyze them to start taming them just make sure your timing is right that when you actually get them Tamed message the pet is no longer paralyzed.

[/ QUOTE ]This isn't true. If they are paralyzed at any point during the taming attempt they will lose 14% in skills.

Just to add, the only pets that you don't want to para tame, that I know of, are: rune beetles, reptalons, hiryus, lesser hiryus, and fire steeds. All other pets you can para tame without it having any long term effects.