• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Para and taming pets?

• Thread starter Inspector
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

Inspector

Hey everybody, I'm new to the taming thing and I remember reading a while back that if you tame something while its paralyzed it loses something(or something like that) Could anybody tell me what? And if the pet does lose stats skill, does it matter if you paralyze it tame it and then just after the paralyze wears off it gets tamed does it still affect it?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know the specifics but para tame for skill gain and lead tame or peace tame for your pets.:thumbup1:

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was recently updated and can be found at the UO.com player guide:
http://guide.uo.com/skill_35.html

Pets will also suffer an additional 4% skill loss if they are paralyzed during the taming process. While this means additional training time to get your pet back up to its full potential, it may be safer for some of the more dangerous creatures.

Hey everybody, I'm new to the taming thing and I remember reading a while back that if you tame something while its paralyzed it loses something(or something like that) Could anybody tell me what? And if the pet does lose stats skill, does it matter if you paralyze it tame it and then just after the paralyze wears off it gets tamed does it still affect it?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Generally for all but a certain few pets para taming works well, if you have high eval int. The only pets you will not want to para tame are pets that can have skill over 100 after taming, as the extra 4% skill reduction will permanently reduce their skill caps.

These include: rune beetles, fire steeds, hiryus, lesser hiryus, reptalons, greater dragons

Although attempting to para tame a greater dragon is fairly pointless anyway due to their very high resisting spells skill.

J

Joyous2K

Generally for all but a certain few pets para taming works well, if you have high eval int. The only pets you will not want to para tame are pets that can have skill over 100 after taming, as the extra 4% skill reduction will permanently reduce their skill caps.

These include: rune beetles, fire steeds, hiryus, lesser hiryus, reptalons, greater dragons

Although attempting to para tame a greater dragon is fairly pointless anyway due to their very high resisting spells skill.
What if you beat a wild dragon down with your dragon and your dragon paralyzes it at some point during the fight and then you recall out and stable your dragon and recall back and tame the dragon...

WIll the 4% be taken because it was paralyzed or is it only if you successfully tame it while it is paralyzed?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What if you evil omen + para the harder pets?
You know, I never thought of that, that would probably work exceptionally well. However, I don't have necro, and it would change the fact that you shouldn't para a greater dragon when taming.

However, does evil omen work with peacing? If you could evil omen then peace the dragon, that would make them much easier to tame. *trying to picture a necro/peace/tamer*