• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Pally Samauri

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I am returning after an extended hiatus and decided I wanted to give the "bagdaddy" Samauri another go.

But I can't decide what is better...any suggestions are appreciated.

120 parry bush swords
100 anat heal and tactics
75ish chiv

Suit is 70/56/70/70/72
with 90 Di ( includes weapon)
DCI 50
HPI 15
hpr 13
Stam R 6

120 hp
120 stam
93 mana
my weapon is ornate axe with
55 HLL
34 HSL
60 HML
25 SS
45 DI ( this is included in my 90 DI total)

Now the tough decsion...I have no HLD at all...
do I swap out my mark of trav +10 parry +10 bush for mace and shield?

if I do that...I guess I could drop anat and tactics to 90 each and get my bush and parry back to 120.

swapping mark for glasses drops my HPR by 3 but increases hp 10 and dev 5...so it is a trade off!

I guess it comes down to...Will the drop to 90 anat and 90 tactics hurt me?

does 90 anat effect my ability to cure, heal or ress substantially?

Thanks

C

Connor_Graham

If you're wanting to make a Sampire, there was a change made recently that now requires you to have a minimum of 99 Necro on your template in order to maintain Vamp form. These are the 2 current templates:

Sampire:

120 Wep Skill
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Anatomy (100 Spirit Speak & Resist kept on soulstones)
60 Chiv

Wammy:

120 Wep Skill
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Spirit Speak
60 Chiv

As far as the suit you listed above, you'll need to get higher fire resist or you'll find yourself ending up as toast more often than not. You'll also want to get a decent amount of HCI too. Bushido and Parry should ALWAYS stay at 120 unless you like getting hit more often. Drop Healing, and then the Mark of the Travesty and get the Mace & Shield glasses. You'll also want to build up your weapons. The ornate axe is fine, but there are times that a Twinkling Scimitar would work better, or even a Mage's Rune Blade.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya sorry... I should have said...I have no interest in being a necro...
just straight sammy/pally

C

Connor_Graham

In that case then I'd say get rid of the +Skill items for just this type of situation. A simple gear change requires a remake of the entire character. You do need to get that fire resist up too. The glasses may help depending on what the fire is on the Mark you have. You never want to run without at least 65 fire though. High end creatures will literally roast you alive.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya after some trials I like the hld glasses.
but to replace the 20 pts lost from the mark what do you suggest?

Drop healing to 80 leaving anat and tatics at GM?
or keep healing at GM and drop anat and tactics to 90 each?

C

Connor_Graham

I'd say drop Anatomy to 90 and Chiv to 65. Leave Tactics as is because those 10 points also mean 10% damage increase.

A

Asahina Yajinden

maybe find a ring brace combo w/ the skills ya need, and mods.

on my samurai /chiv i use a brace w/ 10 parry 11 chiv 15 dci ,and 20ish resists.

if you look around eventually you'll find just what ya need
one persons junk is anothers treasure as the saying goes.

also you might look at what pieces of gear your running ...arties almost always mess up a suit resists wise.

the classic case is rune beetle carapice tunic .. bad resists but the man reg 3, and 15 lmc is hard to pass up.

i have 3 samurai chars 2 w/ chiv ,and one w/out i never tried the necro or wraith form temp imo you shouldn't be able to sol a peerless boss .

but anyway....on all 3 suits i use RBC, mace and shield, legs of bane, and stormgrips.... filling in the resists w/ barbed sleeves and jewelry.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my suit is pretty much set....
as far as skill points.....I can drop healing to 80 and if I use enhanced bandies I will have an effective healing skill of 90.

I think this is likely to be a good compromise to keep me at 120 in sword, bush and parry. As well as 100 in anat and tactics.

Worth a trial anyway.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my suit is pretty much set....
as far as skill points.....I can drop healing to 80 and if I use enhanced bandies I will have an effective healing skill of 90.

I think this is likely to be a good compromise to keep me at 120 in sword, bush and parry. As well as 100 in anat and tactics.

Worth a trail anyway.
Yep pretty good call I would say. 120 Swords, Bushido and Parry is very much essential to a good Samurai 侍 setup.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just note, 81 healing is needed for rezzing others (real and/or with +heal jewels). So if you wanted, you can go 81 + enhance bandies for 91 effective healing.