• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paladins Only Bracelet?

O

Origin Thief

Hey all,

First off, I'm new to Siege and wanted to say thanks to everyone that's helped me out so far especially H&H for taming me a couple horses. It's rough being new again! Though everyone here seems really friendly - even the red that pked me in luna - must have realized i was new due to the crap in my loot - rezzed me and left my stuff. Very friendly and talkative people.

Anyways, the question at Hand: I found a bracelet and tried equipping it and it drops to my pack and says: Only paladins may equip a holy item.

The brace seems normal - Str 5, EP 20, HCI 7, DCI 6, Energy resist 12.

At first i thought it may have been a bug with KR, but it does it in 2d as well. Is there something shard specific that doesn't allow me to equip this item?

I can equip other braces though such as tactics 12, lrc 3, fire resist 4

Thanks for your help.

Ridar

G

Paladins are of virtuous factions(CoM and TB) and can only equip such items. hey are most often a blue/white hue, unless dyed by Tokuno dyes.

I

imported_SavageSP

Any items you find like that are Faction Only Items.

They are usually decent items, mainly Jewels and Runic Armor or Artifacts, although some people seem to have Lifeforce points to Spare for regular GM Armor?(you can gain lifeforce by killing oppossing monsters, Max 100 points to use for several things by saying -"I invoke my Evil Powers" or "I invoke my Good Powers")

5 points to dye 1 Item
Hero Dyed is an Ice Blueish Color- True Brits and Council of Mages wear these.
Evil Dyed is a Shadow Black Color-Minax and Shadow Lords wear these.
(on jewels, look for the normal gold or blueish color, the blue ones are the ones that usually dont show a pure color, it will look multicolored if evil dyed, the hero dyed may be the same on blue jewels)

It is not blessed , just dyed so that oppossing Factions and Non Faction helpers/looters cant wear your Gear and use it against you unless they happen to be the same Evil/Hero.

O

Origin Thief

Ah, sounds good. Appeared to be the same color as regular jewelry, but I'm also trying to use KR for siege so that may be why.

I

imported_SavageSP

<blockquote><hr>

Once something is dyed Hero or Evil, can it be undone or is it forever faction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its forever faction, so dont Dye a Weapon or anything you may want to Siege Bless on any of your characters, you may change factions or quit them all together and not be able to use the Item at all.

It also decreases the Value of Items that are dyed.

J

Jaimes

<blockquote><hr>

It also decreases the Value of Items that are dyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, which makes it cheaper for your own faction. It's always a good idea to faction dye your nicer gear so that it will come back to your faction for cheaper (or at least, won't be used by the enemy).