• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Painfully slow

C

CKTC

In thinking it would help with GGS I have nothing on the character I'm working this on but 100 Music and started at 50 Discord. I've eaten a 120 Discord scroll and I'm using non exceptional instruments, tambourines bought from the tinkerer.

Yet in 1 hour of continuous Discordance on Polar Bears I have gained only 2.8, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? From what I read from Poo's posts I should be gaining like theres no tomorrow right now. Do they need to be Tamed & released to lower their difficulty? As I'm just using wild ones atm.

Thanks for any info.

I

IgorBR

In thinking it would help with GGS I have nothing on the character I'm working this on but 100 Music and started at 50 Discord. I've eaten a 120 Discord scroll and I'm using non exceptional instruments, tambourines bought from the tinkerer.

Yet in 1 hour of continuous Discordance on Polar Bears I have gained only 2.8, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? From what I read from Poo's posts I should be gaining like theres no tomorrow right now. Do they need to be Tamed & released to lower their difficulty? As I'm just using wild ones atm.

Thanks for any info.

Well, I dont know if Poo's posts are a bit old, but I got to 120 using his way (except for the Lowland Bouras) and hell, it took much more than 2 days gm 2 days 120.

I was a week I think.

Just keep the faith, it's worth it.

L

LionUWF

i think poos list is based on tamed and release animals, thats how ive always used it and it has gone very well.

gaining this skill will never be fast but should be faster then what your getting

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there may have been a trick at one time or another that may have made the wait timer between barding attempts....... um..... well there may have been a trick to make that disappear.

course, its been long since fixed.

but some bards may have used that in making their loops in uoassist for training.

drastically speeding up training of course.

L

LionUWF

well that wasn't very virtuous or them poo, not much honor in that, surely the sacrifice during training is worth it?

C

CKTC

I'm still not even at 65 yet, and GGS isn't kicking in when its supposed to.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well that wasn't very virtuous or them poo, not much honor in that, surely the sacrifice during training is worth it?
hahahaha i like you

i Honor your Virtue in what you say.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for any info.
Just out of curiosity, what's your real skill total? If you're at your character's cap (e.g., 720), which skills do you have turned down so Discord will go up?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i know that when i train my gains drop off really hard from 60-65 and in most cases i stop with polar bears around 60 and ring up and start in on the cu's just cause i find it faster.

and the polar bears i was using (have used) have been tamed and released ones, which will make their barding difficulty lower (probablly)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
realistically you wont get higher then 60 on polar bears anyways.

polar bears (tamed and released ones) have a barding diff of like 40 so 60 to max 65 for training.

either go for Gamans or ring up and go for cu's

C

CKTC

I got to 89.7 using Gammans, Ki Rin & Wandering Healers, but I'm a bit stuck on what to do for the rest. I can't Tame Cu's as I don't have an Elf. Everything else is aggressive so I'm not sure how to group it together, or where. How do you get things on boats without them killing you? & is that even legal?

L

LionUWF

hahahaha i like you

i Honor your Virtue in what you say.
Keke, how many people do you think we confused?

btw this si the list i work off -

30-50 Polar Bears
50-60 Frenzied Ostards
60-70 Scorpions
70-80 Giant Beetles (Blue mountable ones)
80-85 Lesser Hiryus (try to get ones with high bard difficulty)
85-90ish Greater Hiryus
90 + Cu sidhes

works perfectly for me, this is based on taming and releasing the animals involved before barding them

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use a Crystal Ball of Knowledge. It always tells you if you get good gains from using your skill or not.

You get the quest from Ortlem, a mystic NPC in the Royal City south of the "farmer's market" area. He asks for 100 dragon's blood and 100 daemon bone and even gives suggestions on what to kill to get them.

If the ball tells you its easy then find some creatures with a higher barding difficulty. For me it worked really good.

D

Demoquin84

50-60 i used Earth Elementals in Shame ... plenty to go around there