• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paid account to free trial?

• Thread starter Dogsoffour
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dogsoffour

After hearing that free trials were now unending but with restrictions, I had some questions. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to quit paying for an account temporarily, while still being able to play on it with the restrictions that it has because it's a free account. I would like to be able to reactivate it later and not lose all my sims.

I know my anniversary gifts would be delayed and I probably wouldn't get skill locks for the time I didn't pay (Not too concerned considering they're already 2 years behind on gifts and I can almost lock all skill points already.) I guess also I would lose my house/lot, but thats all I can think I would lose at this point.

I was also thinking I may need to wait until the cities are merged, but I was just wondering if this is possible now, will be possible in the future, or if someone has already said it won't be possible.

Thanks for the help

I

imported_Gracie Nito

One of the restrictions on a free account is they can only create one sim. I doubt very seriously you will be able to convert a subscription to a free account. However, while you stop paying for your account, you are probably more than welcome to sign up for a free account and play that until you can afford to subscribe.

I suspect subscriptions will go into haitus from non-payment as they always have been done. You can re-activate when you can afford to pay again.

I would like to see characters saved indefinitely once a subscription is cancelled. The loss of house, money, objects could still take place as long as character is saved during non-payment.