• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paging A GM

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there no customer service on the weekend? After paging at 10pm CST on Sunday night, staying at que 32 until 15 minutes before server down, the que starts moving. Come give a person a break, then finally get a canned message. That is the thing I hate the most about UO right now.

K

kennykilleduo

I would guess there is very limited support , or the only GM on duty was sleeping or on a break..

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably so, I guess I am from the era when you actually had someone show up to help ya with your problems and that is what bugs the heck out of me.

M

Millie

Yep, they say it's more efficient to have you go to the web site, this gives the GM more time to sit on its bum's and drink Coffee.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

What was you paging for?

[/ QUOTE ]

We cant help you with that question , please procede to this webpage and waste your time www.nohelptogetatall.com , have a nice day

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent a alliance request to a nonfaction guild by accident and when I tried to remove it , I got the statement that it was a non faction guild and when i tried to cancel the request it wouldnt.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

I would guess there is very limited support , or the only GM on duty was sleeping or on a break..

[/ QUOTE ]

all night long ?
"After paging at 10pm CST on Sunday night, staying at que 32 until 15 minutes before server down, the que starts moving. "

sometimes it helps if you word things correctly.

the gm would prolly have sent you to the report a bug page anyhow, or told you to shut UO down and restart.
at worse it should have been corrected at server up is my guess.

P

Pokey Loves You

yeah but it would have made too much sense to wait until server up or login/logout

people want their satisfaction, even if it doesn't need a gm

B

Bordoms

While I'm sure your problem seems large to you (and I am by no means minimizing it), I will say this:

I, too, waited for a GM last night and paged at roughly the same time you did. I received a response roughly 2 hours past my initial page. My problem; I had lost every single item within my house in a bug. I won't apologize to you or anyone else for the amount of time the GM spent with me - my problem involved the loss of thousands of BODs, numerous kits, every artifact I own, several old school rares, millions worth or ingredients .... I could go on, but you get the picture. And, I would hope like hell if you lost every thing you owned, that they, too, would spend time working on YOUR problem.

The trouble today is you have far too many people sending "Na na, your scripting, I'm paging" help requests as well as too many who want instant satisfaction/assistance because they're simply too lazy to go look something up.

I'd have taken your problem over mine any day of the week.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good for you that you got your problem resolved and I am really surprised they got your stuff back.
Mine is still not resolved, even after I logged in and out and waited for the server to reset itself and the request still can not be cancelled. As far as paging I do know how to define my problem using only 200 characters.
It as if you are stating that your page was more important then mine because you lost items in game to a bug and that I am to lazy to look for the answer is crazy. Even if they took hours to fix your problem, what about the time after they were finished with your page???????? My post is about the lack of support given to paying customers of EA.

W

Woodbuthcer

Its called economics

They don't care if they lose 10 customers a day because of lack of support.

If they could eliminate all in game support with out a massive exodus they would.

Its cheaper to lose accounts in there minds then provide reasonable answers to problems that their buggy code has caused.

Put in a bug report on that guild problem.

B

Bordoms

Well, I didn't get my things back. My issue is still unresolved - there's a chance that the items are simply gone from the game forever. My point was simply to say, on occassion, bigger things come up that really slow response time - this seemingly was one of them (As I said, a great deal of time was spent on the problem). Trust me, I'm not an advocate for EA's game support but felt that they did deserve some leniency on this night (they/at least one, wasn't sitting on his butt drinking coffee, he was at my house trying to find my crap).

However, a great deal of the response time is spent filtering through things players could resolve on their own - and more on the tattle-tale vigalante crew.