• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pads of the Cu Sidhe

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Hello all,

I have a human tamer and recently got a nice Cu i wanted to start training up. But the only problem, I cannot ride it, which is the best part of having a ride-able pet. I read that a Human can ride them by obtaining Pads of the Cu Sidhe. I searched and no one on my shard has them for sale so I figured well I'll have to go get them myself. I went to the Labyrinth to find them as it sounds like they spawn on the named creatures there. I killed that scorpion Miamasa, or however you spell it, a dozen times and Rend once but still haven't come up with them. I just was wondering if anyone has had luck in the Labyrinth getting these, if so which monsters or where else were you able to get them, or am I on the right track and they are just rarer to find than I thought?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello all,

I have a human tamer and recently got a nice Cu i wanted to start training up. But the only problem, I cannot ride it, which is the best part of having a ride-able pet. I read that a Human can ride them by obtaining Pads of the Cu Sidhe. I searched and no one on my shard has them for sale so I figured well I'll have to go get them myself. I went to the Labyrinth to find them as it sounds like they spawn on the named creatures there. I killed that scorpion Miamasa, or however you spell it, a dozen times and Rend once but still haven't come up with them. I just was wondering if anyone has had luck in the Labyrinth getting these, if so which monsters or where else were you able to get them, or am I on the right track and they are just rarer to find than I thought?
Pretty sure you can buy them fairly cheap on Vendor Search, assuming your on the Atlantic shard that is. But yeah, getting them as a spawn might take you a long time...

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're one of many different ML minor artifacts. They do drop minors pretty regularly and they can go onto corpse and straight into the bank.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure you can buy them fairly cheap on Vendor Search, assuming your on the Atlantic shard that is. But yeah, getting them as a spawn might take you a long time...
Last pair I saw on ATL was over 2 mil after the taming revamp. Cheap for a vet but expensive for a newer player.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Yeah I did a vendor search... I'm on Baja which is pretty barren these days. I didn't realize the item could go straight into the bank. I was looking for it to appear in my bag, I'll have to check my bank when I go back on.

you can do the race change quest chain
I didn't know you could do a race change. I'll have to look into that. Where does that quest begin?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big difference between vendor items 5+ years ago and vendor items today?

You can NOT find the simplest things on vendors, ready to sell. Just like "dread horn flutes". Search after search, week after week, month after month... I have yet to see one for sale.

Thankfully I have a small treasure of such thing, so I was able to equip a new tamer on a different shard... but so many shards are dead. Even harder to find items when people just dont stock vendors with much at all. I actually did win some pads a few weeks ago and thought I had messed up... taking them off while in battle. hehe. BUT it was a new pair. I guard them! I see 1 or 2 items a month of active hunting swoops and such. I have to wonder if they didnt cut the spawn rate. Not like they dont do such things.

If I was making a 4th tamer... if I were you... I'd just do the human to elf quest... as above. I'm still on the fence of doing my newer tamer. Cant really decide. :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What @Cinderella said. Ask in Gen chat. I know on Legends you may not find it on vendor search, but when you ask in gen chat you have a good chance of getting it, and usually for free.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
What @Cinderella said. Ask in Gen chat. I know on Legends you may not find it on vendor search, but when you ask in gen chat you have a good chance of getting it, and usually for free.
Yeah I've been doing that. Hopefully I'll get lucky and someone will be on in the near future with a pair for sale or to give out. Thanks again for all of the help.
I'm toying with doing the Human to Elf quest but then I do like being human for the extra weight capacity, especially during Champ Spawns. If I did, is that a one way street? If I didn't like being an elf is there a quest to go back to being human?
@EvilPixieWorks I know it's sad to see. I remember the days where vendors were everywhere, vendor malls were always stocked with everything one could need. Now you can't even find potions or other crafted items. Not that I want to leave my home shard of Baja but what other shards actually have people on them these days?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Jimmydeanbean Vendor search is quite amazing! I'm not really 100% sure if I'd call it "good" or "evil" to the overall mall design in our system. People still drop runes. Some still gate. Just like the old days. Luna did more damage to vendor malls then anything ever in UO history by making people lazy about looking for independent malls. However, NOW a days... my biggest sell point is getting people with vendors in the middle of no place to join my mall as part of the team. Stand stronger together vs. a bunch of scattered vendors in the woods... and there is no shortage on Atlantic. :) If someone was selling the Pads... you would know on vendor search! It may be in a remote area you've never been in your life... BUT they have that transport option (1k) and no need to search. However, sometimes that 1k is the difference between a sale and no sale. More, I think far too many vendors pop up under the same owner, are poorly stocked, and suddenly vanish. Sometimes you find GOOD stuff to buy! Come back the next week? The vendors are gone. Just life, I guess.

And I can speak for Izumo as well, what has always been "low population", when you hardly ever see live players... yet HIGH in houses. Few in Fel, but some areas now that are castles and keeps. They shrunk quite a bit like every other shard, I'm sure... BUT the vendor population is still quit strong. (In number.) Not quality. Perhaps only a few dozen vendors are tended weekly... 1 big mall, daily. Hardly like Atlantic. :) You can go week after week without finding anything of interest AND I actually have 3 vendors inside Luna (Izumo) that hardly get any attention and I check them constantly. During Christmas? They did a fair enough trade to balance my spending a bit. (Spending and exporting.) Since Christmas spawn ended? Action has died.

I totally agree with the group saying asking around would be the best way to find Pads! I also dont see much success on Atlantic's trade section... but some is better then nothing. You could always post "wanted" on that shard. OR, if the Miasma spawn is populated at all... leave someone hidden to check for hunters and pop up and ask them. The ones farming big may get them.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is your character's name on Baja?

The -to-elf quest can be done repeatedly and so can the -to-human quest. That fellow in the Lyceum is kind of dodgy, because "take off your clothes and I'll turn you into an elf" sounds like a line, you know?

I wish that -to-gargoyle was a quest, and I also wish that name change was a quest, because you would think that changing your name should be easier than turning into an elf, right?

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
@EvilPixieWorks Yeah the vendor search is one of my favorite new additions. At least I can find the things I want to (if they are available that is). That at least allows me to find random vendors in the middle of no where or places I wouldn't normally look. That's great what you're doing on your shards, it is best to group together and if there are enough players looking for things to buy you can build a customer base. I always remember from years and years ago was the Sky Mall on Ice Island on Baja. Always stocked, vendors had to be maintained or you'd lose your spot, quality was there, anything you ever needed and could afford to buy.

@Laura_Gold My main character is Pedar. I hang out in Minoc or Luna mostly, how about yourself? Lol, that's some line indeed! That's cool though if I can do the quest back and forth, I'll probably give it a try and see how I like being an elf, that will probably be much easier than farming named creatures for days until one finally shows up. You can change into a garg but only for the low low price of $19.95. I think they wanted to generate some income from people dead set on changing into another race this time around.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic has several Pads for sale... starting at 200k.

Izumo, on the other hand... 2 up for sale, about 400k and 750k or something.

The other shards I shop and have access to never seam to have anything tasty for sale.

Dont want to be an elf? Dont be an elf. :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Atlantic has several Pads for sale... starting at 200k.

Izumo, on the other hand... 2 up for sale, about 400k and 750k or something.

The other shards I shop and have access to never seam to have anything tasty for sale.

Dont want to be an elf? Dont be an elf. :)
No Also you can find some for 100K..Recently on ATL.