• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Packet Loss for anyone else?

Mysts

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This may be one of the reasons they've disabled VS, but is anyone else dealing with packet loss issues? I'm on ATL, usually at 0 but I'm bouncing between 5-15 consistently today. I've been out of town for a week, so this may be a known issue.

No one in the "always-friendly" General Chat has responded.

Herp!

Journeyman
Haven't seen my packet loss go up from 0 ever but I'm fairly certain that's just buggy on my client side. I consistently have been having issues with this for the past 2 weeks. I haven't had a chance to check today due to work but I'll let you know tonight. I typically catch packet loss when I run into a horde of mobs at any champ/Minichamps spawn.. and they just walk past me and clump up 6 tiles away, then I teleport to them and die because I was unable to leech or even see my hp moving. When it's just latency issues everything on screen just stops for a few seconds then catches up all at once, resulting in the same thing :D though I could have these things reversed, I haven't studied networks in about 10 years now. Either way, game has been unplayable solo lately, I've been having to wait on a friend or 2 to be able to log in (also hard lately) just to do a champion spawn.

Mysts

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, my Latency is between 50-65 which is normal for me. Any type of menu or item interaction is delayed and then UO just spazzes out and does them all at one time. I really hope it's due to the current issues, because I can't do much. :(

Thanks for the response too!

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've been noticing packet loss on various servers since I came back. Once again, I thought it was my connection (stupid satellite internet). Now I'm not sure.

Herp!

Journeyman
Yeah.. to just brag and say a little bit more on the subject.. it can't be client side. I have business class 500MBps Internet connection at home. I typically see 20-30ms connections to legends (only server I play) and I've been lagging a LOT. I was just chalking it up to people overloading the OLD servers in use because of xmas gifts. Everyone is on, some people on multiple accounts at once, logging back and forth between multiple servers. That will bog down even the newest servers on most games. Darn holiday gifts makin people go crazy and log in to their once a yr characters. Hell, I've seen names recently I haven't seen in 3+ years..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I can say is UO has always had issues with some sort of problem that if you leave the log in screen up for UO your computer will quickly overheat and crash... or the thing will start using every fan it has on overtime.

Its my opinion that this has more to do with the new Auction Safes than it does with VS. Just saying.

Herp!

Journeyman
All I can say is UO has always had issues with some sort of problem that if you leave the log in screen up for UO your computer will quickly overheat and crash... or the thing will start using every fan it has on overtime.

Its my opinion that this has more to do with the new Auction Safes than it does with VS. Just saying.
Very possible, it may be the new safes actually. Haven't built any myself but I did walk into a house with something like 12 of them the other day and client crashed immediately.

Thank god for liquid cooling and so much exhaust I could clear all the smoke out of a burning house while it was still on fire. I was wondering why my computer randomly froze overnight the other night for the first time in the 2 yrs since I built it I guess that could very well be the culprit... never actually heard that about the launcher frying comps before... luckily mine didn't overheat, it has no overheat auto shutdown processes cuz it seemed to think 98 C was overheating when in fact that's just average running temp when it's 108 outside and 99+ inside (even with ac)... summer sucks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been long rumored and suspected that the client both EC and CC just having that log in page up and leaving it here it has to have some sort of memory leak or something... it's nuts.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was losing 50 to 70 packages to Legends tonight, at 350 ms ping.
It was a very fun time.