• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Pack Can Not Hold Anymore" message while Fishing

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am at 64.5 in fishing now. I am starting to catch more and more fish, but it is getting bothersome now plodding through the gains when you get the message, "Packs is full," and the macro stops my fisherman. I have not found any other links that address this issue. I would love to just be able to dump the fish at my feet if at all possible until I can deal with them later. Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am at 64.5 in fishing now. I am starting to catch more and more fish, but it is getting bothersome now plodding through the gains when you get the message, "Packs is full," and the macro stops my fisherman. I have not found any other links that address this issue. I would love to just be able to dump the fish at my feet if at all possible until I can deal with them later. Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated.
If you play the 2D Client and have UOAssist (it is a permitted Utility to be used with Ultima Online), I think that there is a feature within it that makes it possible to have the fish be dropped at one's own feet.

I am not sure about the Enhanced 3D Client since I do not play with that, but "maybe" (someone else might be more detailed in this...) within that 3D Client or at least through the use of the Pinco's UI there might be the possibility to also have fish go at the characters' feet.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you play the 2D Client and have UOAssist (it is a permitted Utility to be used with Ultima Online), I think that there is a feature within it that makes it possible to have the fish be dropped at one's own feet.

I am not sure about the Enhanced 3D Client since I do not play with that, but "maybe" (someone else might be more detailed in this...) within that 3D Client or at least through the use of the Pinco's UI there might be the possibility to also have fish go at the characters' feet.
No, you did good! I play on the classic client. I start playing that new view I'll feel I am in Vegas with all the bells and whistles and that will be the end of me. Thank you much.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How the UOAssist thing works:

You place a fish at your feet.

If you fish up a fish of the same type within 2-3 steps of the fish on the ground, it will drop onto that stack.

Note though that there are 12 types of common shallow water fish and 18 types of deep water fish, so it won't be pretty until you pick them up. And the fish will decay after an hour of the first one of a stack put down.

Bringing a Giant Beetle along on a fishing trip to act as a means of carrying the stacks is a good idea, as you can use it as a mount to get to your shore fishing spots (but can't fish while riding it), and to carry fish from your ship to either an at-home storage spot or even your ship hold.