• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pacific Decay Status and Timer

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi there,

did anyone noticed what time (please calculate back from the time my POST is written) the houses went to greatly worn? I missed it...

txs in advance

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was a bit surprised myself at the lack of discussion about times. Dunno if it's bad form to talk about observed decay timers. I can see it being a closely guarded secret if it was normal decay with just a few homes, but with the hundred of homes dropping simultaneously I don't think it's a big secret.

Can't help you out with Pacific, I know I kind of missed the Catskills changeover, I just know it was sometime between 2:30am and 5am CST. Which unless I'm mistaken means a lot of people are going to be caling in sick or late for work tomorrow. :)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your response

i managed to talk to some idooc hunters that i spotted while i was checking my locations and we changed informations.

We managed to compare times and it seems like that 1 1/2 hours ago as i post this we all came to around 24-27 hours till collapses start on Pacific.

This means they should turn IDOC in around 18 hours and than aprox. 7 hours later the will collapse...

but its still a guess...nobody can be sure here...my guess is 25 hours from NOW on the hell gets loose...

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, that estimate would jive with my own about Catskills. I think if I could have kept my eyes open a little longer last night I probably would have seen the change over to greatly worn.

I would guess all the shards are going to be going around the same time given the way they turned house decay back on - at least the North American. Can't believe I'm going to take a day off work to collect pixels - *grins* - At least I'm hoping to take the day off.

I'm actually finding a lot of IDOCers are so overwhelmed with the number of houses, that there is a lot more sharing of information and friendliness. I was checking out a few of the public houses and had some fellow IDOC scouts share information and point out hidden beauties in the house that made it worth camping.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
as i write this, houses on Pacific are still greatly worn
FYI
i estimate them to go in idoc stage in 3 hours earliest..
lets see if i am right i will post updates the next 8-9 hours since i am off work today ;)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
So as i write this, houses on PAC are still greatly - while you all sleep, which is a good thing so you all will be rested to grab upcomming loot ;)

its 2 hours and aprox. 25 mins till server down

Sleep well, cia at breakfast ;)

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chinese New Year IDOCs

The great to IDOC is not to appease us but it's Chinese New Year and the asian shards are UO's largest subscriber base so to them its IDOC on their new years eve into their new year which no one has thought of before.. the whole Martin Luther King day to delay decay a day was just really for this reason and not because of a US holiday

So as i write this, houses on PAC are still greatly - while you all sleep, which is a good thing so you all will be rested to grab upcomming loot ;)

its 2 hours and aprox. 25 mins till server down

Sleep well, cia at breakfast ;)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Well good mornign all early birds ;)

You can hit the sack again for a few for sure, its 20 mins after server up and the houses are still greatly, at least the ones in my 5 rrune books ;)

Happy IDOC day for everyone and dont be sad, UO will not go down, just some houses ;)

Update with change from greatly to idoc as soon as it starts!

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the update - I am off to work and would love to know whether to come home and join in the fun - or go to the gym because I missed it all
I just checked - they are all still greatly!!
If I miss it - happy looting to all!!

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I'm remembering why I stopped doing IDOCs. Staying up late trying to catch the change over, setting the alarm to wake me up every hour so I can see when it changes, skipping work...blah. Well off to a sleepy day at work and guess we'll see what happens during the day.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
As i post this almost all of my marked spots are idoc stage now - so the next 6-8 hours most of the houses will finaly fall

Hope i could help with all infos ;)

Happy hunting!

P.S. BEWARE! Somehow MONSTERS spawn at the idocs - i think its a surprise from EM's!!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
P.S. BEWARE! Somehow MONSTERS spawn at the idocs - i think its a surprise from EM's!!

I don't know about Pacific, but you can rest assured at the larger ones on Atlantic the griefers will be popping Harbingers..... ughhhhhh

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yes they did pop some Habringers on Pac yet too, and on Origin..
BUT i think its funny LOL

Mythic should have done this anyway, spawn some Champs or something if a castle falls hahah ;)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- so the next 6-8 hours most of the houses will finaly fall
Given that the Greatly stage lasted quite a few hours longer than expected, what are the odds that the IDOC stage will go longer as well?

I'm curious, how is it so many people can camp IDOCs in the middle of the day? Or did everyone call in sick? :)

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GREATLY STAGE was 28 hours as normal.. IDOC stage is 7 hours.. or as low as 6 HRS 45 MIN to 7 HRS 15 MIN.. it has been staggered to prevent mass shard crashing with the thousands of homes falling.

- so the next 6-8 hours most of the houses will finaly fall
Given that the Greatly stage lasted quite a few hours longer than expected, what are the odds that the IDOC stage will go longer as well?

I'm curious, how is it so many people can camp IDOCs in the middle of the day? Or did everyone call in sick? :)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
GREATLY STAGE was 28 hours as normal.. IDOC stage is 7 hours.. or as low as 6 HRS 45 MIN to 7 HRS 15 MIN.. it has been staggered to prevent mass shard crashing with the thousands of homes falling.
Is there an offical post to that it got staggered? i dont think so but IF its very very wise and smart of the gods!!!

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I brought my carafe to my desk.......hehe

Replace the beer with coffee in this smiley! :pint: