• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ozzymandias and Anon Slayer

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Why doesnt repond slayer work for these two roof bosses?

Pretty sure it is stated somewhere that Virtuebane is a demon too, but demon slayer is not effective on him

Last edited:

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ozy - no slayer
Anon - ele slayer when in ele form
Virtubane - no slayer
Juonar - undead slayer

Repond slayer doesnt work on humans.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the humanoid has a paperdoll that can be opened like a player's, then Repond doesn't work on them in most cases. If it's a humanoid that doesn't have an openable paperdoll, like Evil Mages, then Repond works on them. The only exceptions to this is Savages and Crazed/Burning Mages, their paperdoll can be opened, and they're vulnerable to Repond.

Sampire Captains down in Blackthorn's Dungeon, are vulnerable to Undead Slayer and weaker to Fire damage due to their Vampire Form. If their Vamp Form is purged though (such as by a Rising Colossus), they're no longer vulnerable to Undead Slayer.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Isn't Anon vulnerable to Mage slayer when in human form? I could be mistaken but I thought he had multiple slayers, depending on his form.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Isn't Anon vulnerable to Mage slayer when in human form? I could be mistaken but I thought he had multiple slayers, depending on his form.
Very interested to see if anyone can confirm this. I don’t have any mage slayer stuff

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Very interested to see if anyone can confirm this. I don’t have any mage slayer stuff

No does not seem to be. Just hit him for 18 with a fb and a Scrappers and only 15 with a fb holding a +23 Mage slayer book.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
does mage slayer work on anything? lol
lol

A few things:

Ancient Lich
Evil Mage
Evil Mage Lord
Juka Mage
Lich
Lich Lord
Meer Mage
Orcish Mage
Skeletal Mage
Zealot of Khaldun

Bosses:
Master Theophilus
Master Jonath
Master Mikael

Comes in handy at times. Wish it worked on Anon though, his change form deal is annoying.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why the worry about Ozzy & Anon? They are the least threatening bosses of the 4, they just have ridiculously high defense initially but once discorded/debuffed/RCed they go down pretty quickly. Virtuebane and Juo'nar go down in the blink of an eye.

In particular I've always said for Juo'nar just let an above average warrior take him down alone, no need for Sampire just a Life Leech Weapon with Undead Slayer, looting rights are unaffected. Juo'nar is the biggest pain in the ass if there is more than 1 person in range.

Unless I'm greatly mistaken, just being in the area when the 4 bosses are killed gives looting rights. We all know this, characters AFK for the entire fight can have artifacts drop in their pack which is why the market is sadly saturated with Shadowguard artifacts.

Essentially, don't worry about damage, just be there for what you are best at.

Slayer vulnerabilities should be, in my opinion, used sparsely or else everything becomes a walk in the park (see cameo, weapon slayer stacking).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
which is why the market is sadly saturated with Shadowguard artifacts.
Which is likely why the drop rate has changed as well. Before my break I was getting 2 drops per run. These days? 4 runs and only one drop... and then it was that useless sword.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Which is likely why the drop rate has changed as well. Before my break I was getting 2 drops per run. These days? 4 runs and only one drop... and then it was that useless sword.
I gotta be honest, I see no change in the drop rate. That in my opinion is just natural luck. 'Game luck' I dropped years ago, I tested it solidly for 1-6 months (sorry, didn't make a spreadsheet) , I had just as many artifact drops without luck as I did with 'very high' luck.

Someone with zero Luck has a chance of getting.. say.. a Demon Slayer Cameo on his one run and the guy with '12 million' luck has a chance of getting that Hunting spear, totem, earrings, shield, bow, time rift, Obsidian sword every time. It is what it is, luck.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I gotta be honest, I see no change in the drop rate. That in my opinion is just natural luck. 'Game luck' I dropped years ago, I tested it solidly for 1-6 months (sorry, didn't make a spreadsheet) , I had just as many artifact drops without luck as I did with 'very high' luck.

Someone with zero Luck has a chance of getting.. say.. a Demon Slayer Cameo on his one run and the guy with '12 million' luck has a chance of getting that Hunting spear, totem, earrings, shield, bow, time rift, Obsidian sword every time. It is what it is, luck.
Luck has zero chance to help someone "get" a drop. Luck is used to possibly "enhance" the intensity of items on corpses/T-Chests/Etc.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Luck has zero chance to help someone "get" a drop. Luck is used to possibly "enhance" the intensity of items on corpses/T-Chests/Etc.
It been my understanding for a while now it is all 'points based' when it comes to drops. Which was kind of my point of one drop in 4 runs with 3 chars each run, when at one point I was getting an average of 2 drops per run for a long while there. Seems the point value has been increased a good bit since the time I took the break and now.

and the cut to legendaries? I don't even want to get up on that soap box...

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is exactly it, I stopped running luck suits decades ago. Shadowguard drops are unaffected and even without luck the final corpse is littered with Legendaries anyway, so why bother.

I'm am avid T-hunter too and quite frankly I run zero luck, I don't want the plethora of random mods, I want that un'lucked' jewel with nothing but 10% SSI and maybe one other useful mod if I'm unlucky!

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree with Kinslayer here. A few years ago, i was farming roof and getting a drop on average every 2 or 3 runs in a two/three or player party. Now, i get zero drops in five runs. The legendaries aren’t great anymore either. I used to get Eater armors in roof but now it is mostly garg junk.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with Kinslayer here. A few years ago, i was farming roof and getting a drop on average every 2 or 3 runs in a two/three or player party. Now, i get zero drops in five runs. The legendaries aren’t great anymore either. I used to get Eater armors in roof but now it is mostly garg junk.
And this is where the natural luck falls into line, from my experience I still get a drop every other run, sometimes a group of 5+ will see no drops on other occasions 80% of the group will get something, that's pure rng. Without a doubt there are dry spells, but unless you are doing Shadowguard several times every day you will not get anything.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with the RNG... it's the same as it's always been and that is streaky at best.

I do think the loot intensity has been turned down though. I have a few pieces from the roof a while back before pet revamps happened (this was before I could solo the roof so I did the roof less) and I have more high intensity legendary loot from that time period than I do now (damage eaters along with stats & resists) and I've probably done the roof twice as many times.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I do think the loot intensity has been turned down though. I have a few pieces from the roof a while back before pet revamps happened (this was before I could solo the roof so I did the roof less) and I have more high intensity legendary loot from that time period than I do now (damage eaters along with stats & resists) and I've probably done the roof twice as many times.
The entire 'capped at 8 mod' crap is what pisses me off honestly. They goofed by allowing sheer godly pieces, realized it and then capped it? Too late at that point. All that means is people are now hording the godly pieces leaving the newer players to fend with what are crap pieces by comparison.

..and that is coming from a person who has a rather large number of the godly pieces hoarded for when the current stuff finally wears out... so consider the source...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm am avid T-hunter too and quite frankly I run zero luck, I don't want the plethora of random mods, I want that un'lucked' jewel with nothing but 10% SSI and maybe one other useful mod if I'm unlucky!
Was slaughtering the Ice Fiend room on my Macer/Paladin the other day with 1,100 Luck from Anniv Sculpture, and got a clean 15% HCI/10% SSI Ring to drop from a WW (why i always check the Jewelry). I usually imbue those to 15% HCI/15% DCI/10% SSI/25% DI/25% EP. Got 2 sets of that.

The entire 'capped at 8 mod' crap is what pisses me off honestly. They goofed by allowing sheer godly pieces, realized it and then capped it? Too late at that point. All that means is people are now hording the godly pieces leaving the newer players to fend with what are crap pieces by comparison.

..and that is coming from a person who has a rather large number of the godly pieces hoarded for when the current stuff finally wears out... so consider the source...
Yep. Pieces like these are no longer possible. Raven Helm came from Putrifier or Abscess in Fel, Bone Arms from Virtuebane (Roof), and not sure about the Heater Shield (bought it for like 3 Mill, lol). Only "No-Name" Legendaries i've seen drop lately, are Rings and Bracelets.
Leg Raven Helm.PNG Leg Bone Arms.PNG Shield 1.PNG

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was slaughtering the Ice Fiend room on my Macer/Paladin the other day with 1,100 Luck from Anniv Sculpture, and got a clean 15% HCI/10% SSI Ring to drop from a WW (why i always check the Jewelry). I usually imbue those to 15% HCI/15% DCI/10% SSI/25% DI/25% EP. Got 2 sets of that.
Were you in Fel or Tram when you did this and did you use honor? Wondering if you had 1100 luck or more like 2100-2500.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Were you in Fel or Tram when you did this and did you use honor? Wondering if you had 1100 luck or more like 2100-2500.
Can't speak for him but for me I seem to find the single mod 10ssi (or Mr3-4) stuff without any luck. The higher the luck the greater the chance for additional mods.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The items I personally consider 'keepers' are rarely legendary and always acquired from zero luck. All these from the past 3 or 4 days.

C1.jpg C2.jpg D1.jpg D2.jpg D3.jpg D4.jpg

As Kylie says above, luck just increases the chance of random crap being added to the item. Luck really does just come down to... Luck.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Since we were talking about loot...

just wrapped a roof. Looted these two pieces from Ozy... Major seems to be getting a lot more mods than Legendaries

Odd :eyes:

What.jpg

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have been farming Cache maps the past few days so some items were dropped by Dark Wisps and others from the chests I dug up later. Sorry, slightly hijacked the thread here a little! :grin:
Really cache maps actually have loot to keep?? I'm assuming you use zero luck for these too? I cannot remember the last time I actually kept something from the new maps (I've done a lot but I'm always in a luck suit).

@Kylie Kinslayer - Speaking of treasure chests and Legendary vs Major artifacts; I called this out around this time last year that it seemed like the Majors I was getting from the chests had more properties or higher overall intensity than the legendaries. It's very easy to see this when you insure the major artifact and it costs more to insure (even if it's not prized)...or you toss a legendary like you pulled and get less points than you would from some majors you toss.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Speaking of treasure chests and Legendary vs Major artifacts; I called this out around this time last year that it seemed like the Majors I was getting from the chests had more properties or higher overall intensity than the legendaries. It's very easy to see this when you insure the major artifact and it costs more to insure (even if it's not prized)...or you toss a legendary like you pulled and get less points than you would from some majors you toss.
I got to thinking some on this since my post.. but that was about the time the Devs rolled out the '8 mod cap' on Legendaries.. maybe they forgot to include Majors and others on that cap.

It would not be the first time (nor the last) that they failed to think things through thoroughly.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got to thinking some on this since my post.. but that was about the time the Devs rolled out the '8 mod cap' on Legendaries.. maybe they forgot to include Majors and others on that cap.

It would not be the first time (nor the last) that they failed to think things through thoroughly.
Yea if you keep an eye out on your loot you will see that some lesser/minor type items spawn as "no name" which essentially are the same thing as the legendaries they nerfed; just with less intensity

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tram, and no Honor. My Macer/Paladin doesn't have Bushido, so it was just 1,100 Luck from the Anniversary Sculpture. I always check the jewelry on corpses for clean 10% SSI, 18% SDI or certain +20 skill pieces, as well as some of the weapons with useful specials for Splintering.