• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Owners get paid for Crafting

N

niwa

I think that owners should get some cash when other people use their. . i think they should be like the slots where you can cash the money out of them. what do yall think.

G

i have always felt that,,at least some % of the item crafted,maybe not the entire amount,but something,,i mean if someone uses my money object i get $1 from each time its used,,or thats how it used to work,not sure if it still does {with all the changes that have been made}

M

Meggers

Yeah, make it like the kickbacks the owner of a pizza table gets.

I

imported_SimTripps

Good idea.. I also like the idea of being able to set craft boxes for sale - that way guests don't have to leave all the time to go salvage lol..

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

Good idea.. I also like the idea of being able to set craft boxes for sale - that way guests don't have to leave all the time to go salvage lol..

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea. Ive always wanted this to be an option. I think it would be great and so much more convenient!

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be awesome if you could set something for sale on any lot, but have it like limited to like a couple things at a time if it's not a store.

D

dinaj

so then the owner of skilling objects at skill houses should get paid for their objects being used also, since none of us are getting any bonuses (visitor /lot) anymore.

G

<blockquote><hr>

so then the owner of skilling objects at skill houses should get paid for their objects being used also, since none of us are getting any bonuses (visitor /lot) anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there will be too much money brought in to the economy and not much money drains. This will negatively effect the economy and would cause the same problem we are having in production cities since skilling and money objects are often used very much. Owners of these houses (specially the ones that are highly ranked) will be millionaires in a week or so.

However, i agree that owners of crafting tables should get paid a small % of the value of the objects produced. Also, they should be able to sell boxes.

D

dinaj

so what is the advantage of having a skill house? Stores , money and now (maybe) service's will have the advantage of making a living but not skill?

It would be nice to have something to offset the cost of food and repairs.

M

Meggers

so what is the advantage of having a skill house? Stores , money and now (maybe) service's will have the advantage of making a living but not skill?

It would be nice to have something to offset the cost of food and repairs.
-----------------------------------------------

Amen. That's why I got out of the kill house business. It costs a fortune to feed those folks with nothing coming in.

D

dinaj

she said it right ... kill houses as opposed to skill houses ... cause they kill yer sim wallet ...

G

It must cost a fortune (even with reduced prices) to continually keep home cooked on the counter for a busy lot with up to 35 sims in it.

I don't understand why homeowners/roomies in skills haven't started charging for food.

As for service lot owners getting a cut from crafting, now that all visitor bonuses have been removed I don't think that owners should get a cut, but they could very well introduced their own charges by setting up pay doors (for a nominal fee) to use the craft table or for greening.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there will be too much money brought in to the economy and not much money drains. This will negatively effect the economy and would cause the same problem we are having in production cities since skilling and money objects are often used very much. Owners of these houses (specially the ones that are highly ranked) will be millionaires in a week or so.

However, i agree that owners of crafting tables should get paid a small % of the value of the objects produced. Also, they should be able to sell boxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement completely. And as a side note, whenever I create New Custom Chairs at a crafting house, I always give the Owner or Roomie a few just for being kind enough to have a place open for me to do so.