• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Overuse of Gems

M

mutau

Could the devs please look at the Gems used for making magical jewelry? i think the amount needed (10 per) is too high. Considering that you only need 1 for a weapon, i think that the amounts needed between smith and tink should be swapped. 10 for weps and 1 for tink.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could the devs please look at the Gems used for making magical jewelry? i think the amount needed (10 per) is too high. Considering that you only need 1 for a weapon, i think that the amounts needed between smith and tink should be swapped. 10 for weps and 1 for tink.
I'd rather see a better way at making magic jewelry (which I think they mentioned in a FOF they are looking into) than any swapping of gem use. Why should the smith get penalized for the sake of the tinker? It also takes 50 of the normal gems to make that ring or bracelet too. That is roughly equivalent to the rings they give to the winners of the SuperBowl.

Even with a good talisman, you are going to burn through alot of resources to make the jewelry. Only to end up with mostly mediocre items (stuff you would not think twice about leaving on the monster's corpse) from the sucesses you did have. The only appeal magic jewelry has to offer is the few properties and intensities that you cannot not normally obtain (HPR, SSI, 50% EP, etc).

That whole aspect of tinkering stinks and needs a core change

Stayin Alive,

BG

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would to see a better sucess chance for the jewlery also.It is very frustarting to have 32 ecrus and have 4 or 5 failures and then don't even have enough ecrus to make 1 ring.if the devs don't lower the gem requiermnets at least stop the "burning" of specials gems upon each failure,I am ok with maybe every 3rd or 4th failure you could possibly loose the special gem,but since they are very hard to get in numbers and you cant use tools to boost your chance to get certain gems thent hey should not force you to lose them when you fail.