• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Overcapped pets

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are over cap pets legal now or am I just missing something? I saw several pets similar to this tonight. According to uo-cah, this one in particular is rated at 279.28%.

LS cu.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are numerous exploited pets that escaped the patch that was supposed to fix them. Certain pet types in particular (Tritons, Cus, and Rune Beetles) seemed to dodge it. My 150 Stamina Shadow Wyrm had his stats re-rolled after the patch though. Just the overcap Stam was enough to trigger the nerf for a Shadow Wyrm.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's a big group of tamers that made a ton of these overcap pets.
Slowly trickle selling these for several plats on side-channels claiming they are "rare" and legit.

They say these pets are legal and won't be reverted, but I've never seen them post them on UO official tradeforums.

I think there is a high chance that revert scripts are tuned over time. A pet that was overcapped in 2018 didnt get reverted when they fixed the first exploit. It did however get fixed in 2021's patch.. so yeah, go figure. Things change over time and likely to get carefully adjusted to not hit legit pets. (real 3slot prepatch dragons got hit hard the first time by accident and caused outrage)