• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Overall Category? Old timers will remember.

B

bustamoove

In the beginning.. Maxis created The Sims Online. In this game there were many categories you could make your house. For example (to name a few) there were Money, Skill, Love, etc. However. There was one that particularly caught my eye.
It was the first category on the list labeled as, "Overall" The overall category is simple. No matter what type of house you have you can be in it. So basically, its a category so you can see where your house stands in relation to other categories.

I personally like this category because it gets (i think) houses more fired up to exceed their potential. For instance, the top five houses could be
--EXAMPLE--
1) a Cooking skill house
2) a Pizza money house
3) Romantic Love House
4) Welcome House
5) a Charisma skill house

Now, I know that money and skill homes pretty much would dominate this category because they are the categories with the most hours in them, but I still think its another great way for sims to interact.

Why did they take it away years ago?
I dont know. If a dev wants to post here why i'd love it but I want to think what you guys think about adding the Overall category back.

*****A QUICK NOTE PLEASE READ THIS******
When I say overall, I dont mean every house can have every object, it means that the houses are in competition against each other.
Categories would still be like they are, they are just on the list together, this would be seperate from the other categories.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

I remember when there were no categories.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too! Of those were the days &lt;3

Don't hold your breathe for this one... they made categories for a reason. Dontcha think everyone is going to want to be in the "over-all" category so they can have everything?

G

No, no, no... I know exactly what OP is talking about! There was an "overall" category in the Top 100 list so that you could see not only where your house stands in your particular category, but also "overall". In other words, you could tell who had THE top 100 houses, not just broken down by category.

Thanks for that trip down Memory Lane!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I don't remember an overall top 100 list unless it was when we had no categories. I do remember the "Richest Sim" list in beta

I've never liked any of the top 100 list thingies. They have always been too easily manipulated by the power players and left no obtainable goals for the casual gamer.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

No, no, no... I know exactly what OP is talking about! There was an "overall" category in the Top 100 list so that you could see not only where your house stands in your particular category, but also "overall". In other words, you could tell who had THE top 100 houses, not just broken down by category.

Thanks for that trip down Memory Lane!

[/ QUOTE ]

Right i remember that! I thought she meant there should be an over-all category as the house category. I misunderstood.