• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Over 100 Bane Dragons and counting... no 4+ one ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying to get a good Bane Dragon but after over 100 killed I have yet to find any good........

Best I could find so far rates 3.8.

Do they even exist that rate 4.0 or better ?

How hard are they to spawn ? I mean, do I have any hope to find one or do I better give up the search ?

Thanks.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes awhile to get a 4.0+ to spawn since 2-3 point in the right resist makes all the difference.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes awhile to get a 4.0+ to spawn since 2-3 point in the right resist makes all the difference.

But is it worth the time it takes ?

I mean, how much better is it really a 4+ Bane Dragon as compared to one that is below a 4 rating (for example a 3.8 one....) ?

I mean, those few extra points in the resists which grant the 4+ rating do they really make it for a much better pet when fighting or in the end it only is about the rarity of the spawn but not really about its combat value ?

Lastly, with resists in the high end (even though not all maxed out), which other stat is really most important that it also scores high ? The Hit Points ? The strangth ? The intelligence ?

I have noticed that it ain't easy to get anything close to 160 intelligence.
Is it important for the Bane Dragon to have a high int ? Does it use magery often ?

Also, can it be used as a tank and so high Hit Points would be important or better save that one with high strength ?

Bottom line is, when getting one with reasonably high resists but not all HP, strength and int also all high (just one or two of them) which Bane Dragons would be considered best keepers ?

Thanks.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have been trying to get a good Bane Dragon but after over 100 killed I have yet to find any good........

Best I could find so far rates 3.8.
I mean, how much better is it really a 4+ Bane Dragon as compared to one that is below a 4 rating (for example a 3.8 one....) ?
I've farmed hundreds of them and I've found one that would rate 4.0 or better. What makes you happy depends on the kind of effort you want to put into it, how fussy you are, and whether or not you are looking for something specific.

I use my pets for pvp so I want high str and high int. As result at this point I'm going to be keeping one that will rate in the high three's, instead of one that will rate in the low fours. The one that is 4.0 or better is a damned fine beast, but the one that doesn't rate as high is also very good, and it has high str, which is something I value in a pet.

So the long and short of it is, what will make you happy is up to you. One thing for sure is, keep the first one you find that meets your minimum requirements, then go from there. If you find a better one, it's out with the old, in with the new, although with the bane dragons because of their finicky eating habits doing that too often will require extra effort, or expense.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've farmed several hundred, and my best is are a couple 3.8's and a 3.9. I kept them, but honestly I kept a couple lower rated ones as well. The lower rated banes had high strength, high physical resist, and high hp's, as most of the critters I use them on do physical damage and nothing else and these particular bane's are better suited to fight them.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It definitely depends what you're going to use them against. Even a terribly rated pet can be useful against the right foe. Of course, keeping stables full of pets that only match up well against one or two foes is impractical. So going for higher rated pets is most useful if you want the pet to be an all-around pet, without having to worry (as much) about the matchup.

Still, I think it's always advisable to consider the matchup for each battle, and as such, I will keep a pet in the high 3's if it matches up well against a foe I commonly battle.

That said, I still don't have a bane dragon and wish I did! LOL!

L

Luke Carjacker

I guess I have been lucky. I've probably looked at a few hundred banes and I have about a half-dozen 4+ in the pet rater. My best one is:

HP 643
Str 539
Dex 125
Int 128

Physical 70
Fire 45
Cold 45
Poison 60
Energy 38

Just about fully trained, with 99 resist and 97 magery to go. This one shows up as a 4.4 on the pet rater (4.5 with skills) and has been a monster in PvP. Higher Int would be nice of course, but that's about the only thing. Total resist on this guy are 258 which are the highest I've seen (and quite fortunately combined with really high HP as well). One key thing I like to avoid is any single super-low resist because that makes them vulnerable to chivalry (consecrate weapon) archers in particular.

I've got a number of others in the 4-4.1 range, with the next one I plan to train a 4.0 with 155 mana. I can post a picture of this guy if anyone cares to see, but need some instruction on how to do it here.