• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

outgrown house

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have outgrown my current house and would like to upgrade on my same location. i am unsure of what will happen to all my stuff when i choose to upgrade. is there any advice out there?

much appreciated.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your going to have to find a friend to store your stuff unfortunatly!, when you do the house resizing!! it basicly drops like an idoc would!, except nobody can place a house there except you!, but the contents of the house will fall to the ground!!...so find a friend and store what ya can till ya resize and then move back in

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats what i was thinking thank you for the reply. i thought of another concept. at the cost of the house, if i built a house of the same size nearby and moved into it, then built my new house after i trashed the old one would that work? is there a time limit between houses?

from what i can tell there is also a moving crate if i do this? how does that work.

again, thank you.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can not do that if you are using the same account. There is a 7 day timer on placing if you were to place the 2nd house with that same account. You should read up on Housing to know whats whats 1st. here is a quick summary

If you acquire a new house, all other houses owned by your account on any shard will become condemned, meaning they cannot be refreshed and will decay within 5 days. Once a house has become condemned, the only way to restore it is to transfer it to someone else. Even if you demolish or sell all your other houses, the house will remain condemned! If you place a new house, receive a house in trade, or make a house primary, you will not be able to place or receive another house for one full week afterwards.

More info can be also found here
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30952 Read Homes & Deco Left side bar
http://www.uoherald.com/guide/index.php?section=12#section_12

H

Hooli Gan

Got no friends you trust that much?

Could go the pirate route.
Buy a couple boats and store your stuff there till you get the new place layed down.

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you for the replies and suggestions :) not that i dont have trustworthy friends to lean on, just dont want to be a bother. for now i have simply cleaned house. ive never had a boat before so i may buy one and give it a whirl.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can place a new house, it will start your old home decaying. You will have 5 days to move all your stuff to the new house. Then drop the old one, and wait 2 days for your account to reset. Then you can replace in the old spot. The only problem is anyone will be free to place in that area. But with so much open land I dont think anyone will place a house, unless it's in a prime spot like Luna. I know of 3 or 4 spots right now for keeps and more then 50 for 18x18's.

I always enjoy a little risk so what I would do is test the size you plan on upgrading to, wait untill an odd hour, drop the house and replace it. Then drag all the back stuff inside, I have did this a few times and never lost an item. The key is making sure you know what will fit. You can also load all the good items in 5 packys.

Goodluck with what ever you do.
Tom