• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

out with the old in with the new

G

There was a post today the old cities are to be closed soon. Being a Beta Tester I can't help to feel just a little sad about this but at the same time excited and happy. I have spent many years here and after these last few weeks nothin will ever be the same again.. and im sure there are a few that will go gee what she on about .. but ... being here so long it does sadden me like a way of life in here will be gone forever. I look forward to all the new changes and am hopeful things will get worked out... At the same time there are alot of good times and old friends in the old cities and ways of life in here that wont ever be the same.... so i just wanted to take a min to reflect on that as we move forward into this new domain called ea land. Kinda like loosin a good friend.

A

ayla02

I agree. As beta testers of the old we have seen a lot of changes...Never more than now and tho it is exciting it is sad too. Who knows tho. We should see more of those old friends unless of course they are afk at thier store

G

I know exactly what you mean. Jolly Pines and Dan's Grove have been my home for years. JP was where I was born; there's a lot of memories in that old city.

Goodbye, old friend. You will be missed.

I

imported_Juniper Skye

Seriously I felt myself tearing up a bit! It's kinda sad to think we've spent the past 4-5 years playing TSO as we know it and now the cities are closing but hopefully opening new and better doors!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Pfft. As with every good-bye post ever posted in City Hall, I refuse to say good-bye.

I WILL live in Dan's Grove, again. Once the exterminators have finished killing off all the bugs and termites that seem to be eating away at all my stuff, I know my city will magically re-appear in EA-land one day, and I'll go home!

So there!

G

Haha Gracie so true. I will miss the old DG though... Back 5 years ago when I first showed up and played in the snow with Galee... It'll be missed...

Perhaps we can create a new Shire though in the new DG!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Last time I checked, your shire is still there Lego. It will be merged with the city!

I

imported_Danny Dots

I am also a beta tester and it is sad to see the TSO we all knew and loved so much change but we have always seen it change. When I first started playing AV was the only city.. so I guess its going to be like that again. One city filled with the best sims online

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Seriously I felt myself tearing up a bit! It's kinda sad to think we've spent the past 4-5 years playing TSO as we know it and now the cities are closing but hopefully opening new and better doors!

[/ QUOTE ]If you really want to open up the waterworks...
http://www.simfriends.org/movies/stayanotherday.wmv
http://www.simfriends.org/movies/goodbye.wmv

[/ QUOTE ]

"Goodbye" is my fave movie because DG is frozen in time. That Sandra was brilliant and even psychic! Dainy will come to save me!

G

The whole thing is scary and exciting! I have this niggleing worry in my brain that they will say "Oh so sorry we cant merge after all, sucks to be you we allready closed the server and your sim is gone forever!" That would really make me cry.

But I will keep my hopes up that it will all be fine and I can once again go home again. Its funny even tho there have been long gaps in IH visits over the last few years, I always had the comfort of knowing I could go home anytime I wanted to, not having that sense of security is very discomforting!

Yikes only a week to build 2 houses...oh my!

G

Oh My indeed! I moved all of my (AV, BF &amp; JP) sims into their own private, size 8, waterfront lots so I have many houses to build and furnish by the 21st. No matter, EALand was actually starting to bore me.