• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Our gifts that we didnt get?

J

JRock

When will it be a good time to ask for our gifts that we didn't get? My sim has well passed the 365 day mark (currently at the 541 day entitlement mark) and I still didn't get my 1 yr. gift. I went through tech support and they kept saying that they were aware that there was a problem with people not getting their gifts. Is that problem fixed yet? I sure would like to get my gift. I think I have been patient enough. Thanks.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I think I heard a rumor that we will receive gifts when our sims merge to EALand

G

If you are looking at your EA-Land or TC3 sims, those have anniversary gifts disabled, I believe. You should have them in the production cities with over 500 entitlement days. I know there was a bug a while back that affected first year gifts...not sure if it could still be in effect.

Try kindly PM'ing Parizad with your account name (not password) and all of the details. She may be able to help sort things out.

If none of this works, gift amnesty may come along in EA-Land where all gifts will be redistributed to those who lost them or never got them. However, I'm certain this won't happen until after the merges are complete.

[Edited Because I Saw Gracie's Post] I hadn't heard that production gives were disabled, but it's a possibility.

G

<blockquote><hr>

When will it be a good time to ask for our gifts that we didn't get?

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory: Any time should be a good time to ask this.

In reality: You're going to get pelted with rocks and garbage, you know?

Don't worry -- you can borrow my umbrella. lol

G

The same question was asked in Town Hall the other day.

In a nutshell, here's the scoop... (and please, correct me if I've gotten this wrong)

Sims in EALand will receive any due gifts before the merges happen, and all other sims will receive due gifts during the merge. Not sure of the status of TC3 sims though... can't remember what Parizad said about those sims.

K

Keep It Real

sooo....."the checks in the mail"..................still..........

G

Your right. I assume that before the EA Land sims get the gifts. The TC3 will. That is the usual process. Everything goes to test first.

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

Received my trees last week on my two production city sim slots, but the 3rd slot is a tc3 sim and no tree....are you saying i will get it later?? hoping so.

I

imported_fajjaa

I am at 18 days and counting for an account to get its tree in EALand. We will see.

G

Gifts are disabled in TC3 atm. You will receive them later. You will get all the gifts that your acct is entitled to.

G

Back in November we were told the 2 year gift for tc3 had a bug. Its now just about Feb. why haven't we received our 2nd year gift yet in tc3? I sure hope EA is not waiting until the reimbursment of gifts as that means those of us who turned 2 since Nov. will be screwed out of a tree. (if they are still planning the passing out of anniver. gifts to all who reached the paid time again. We should receive our gift that was due us and if all are receiving another set of any gifts we should receive that to. This bug really should not have taken 3 months to fix. Please pass out our trees (or any gifts) we paid for and are entitled to.

G

They disabled the gifts. It is not a bug. They do expect us to wait for amnesty. I did not receive trees on a TC3 sim. I had another acct that was due trees. I had Lee help me delete those TC3 sims so I could get my second tree. I traded a sim with maxed logic and cooking for a tree in EJ. Which will be moved to EA Land with a new tree.

G

<blockquote><hr>

They disabled the gifts. It is not a bug. They do expect us to wait for amnesty. I did not receive trees on a TC3 sim. I had another acct that was due trees. I had Lee help me delete those TC3 sims so I could get my second tree. I traded a sim with maxed logic and cooking for a tree in EJ. Which will be moved to EA Land with a new tree.

[/ QUOTE ]

We were told by Parizad back in December they disabled it because of a bug. That we would be getting them. Names was due one in November and I was due one in December. That is great you had the time to delete a new character, but our gifts were due us before we knew about the bug. We too would have deleted a sim in tc3 that only had 20 to 21 locks to create in a production city had we been informed about this. The bottom line is we were told by EA dev. team we would be receiving the gift as soon as the bug was fixed, not that we would lose the gift that was due us. Back at the end of November when names first went to the comm. pub and questioned Parizad and Lee that nite, had he been told then that it was just disabled it and not that it was only disabled because of a bug, I too would have deleted my sim that was due in early Dec. a tree. (I believe the bug was that because of 6 accounts in tc3 all 6 received a gift instead of only the main character) Which the main character now receiving weekly allowence, they have the ability to put in your inventory only the main character and we should recieve what was due us or let us delete that sim and give us the gift in a production city. (on only that one sim)

J

JRock

Clarification. I did not get my tree in the production cities either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We were told by Parizad back in December they disabled it because of a bug. That we would be getting them. Names was due one in November and I was due one in December. That is great you had the time to delete a new character, but our gifts were due us before we knew about the bug. We too would have deleted a sim in tc3 that only had 20 to 21 locks to create in a production city had we been informed about this. The bottom line is we were told by EA dev. team we would be receiving the gift as soon as the bug was fixed, not that we would lose the gift that was due us. Back at the end of November when names first went to the comm. pub and questioned Parizad and Lee that nite, had he been told then that it was just disabled it and not that it was only disabled because of a bug, I too would have deleted my sim that was due in early Dec. a tree. (I believe the bug was that because of 6 accounts in tc3 all 6 received a gift instead of only the main character) Which the main character now receiving weekly allowence, they have the ability to put in your inventory only the main character and we should recieve what was due us or let us delete that sim and give us the gift in a production city. (on only that one sim)

[/ QUOTE ]
I lost a tree on one acct (due in Dec). That is how I found out it was disabled. This was in Dec. You knew a month before me. You could have done what I did with the other acct due. The acct I deleted one on was also due in Dec. Not long after the one that was due a tree I did not get.

Whether disabled due to a bug or not, we do not get gifts there until the amnesty since it is in fact disabled.

You will get it eventually in TC3 and in EA Land. I did not want to wait. Anyone can delete their TC3 characters. At this time it does not matter if you delete your TC3 sims. You can create an EA Land sim. Cover the slots you are allowed. You are allowed 4 sims in prod and EA L. If you only have 2 in TSO, make 2 EA Land.

EA Land will receive amnesty then the other sims merging will receive amnesty. There is no way to make it fair at this point. There are a ton of ways to exploit this amnesty and they were discussed before it was decided to do it. A lot of ppl will be upset. Most of the rares in tso now are owned by accts that are not entitled to them. There is no way to tell if these are hidden or if they were bought. They will not be deleteted. Everyone will receive what their acct is entitled to. Whether they got them already or not. This is what the majority of the ppl here on stratics wanted. I will not say the majority of the ppl playing.

The same with the locks amnesty. I do not believe we should get any type of amnesty. For that I am evil. So be it. I voted on both polls and was called all types of names. I will not feel guilty for anything I get. I have realized that most ppl here only care about what is best for themselves. I should join that club. The amnesties will give me a lot I do not have now. Will it be good for the game? LOL Not in this life. Will it lower the value of the rares? You bet. Have I held on to rares? Yes. Did I lose gifts? Yes. Do I need more? No. Do I have them on the entitled accounts at this time? No. If you can't beat them join them.

You can all attack me if you like. I will not care. I think your an idiot if you do, just an advance notice. Will I reply? FFS I don't think so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The same with the locks amnesty. I do not believe we should get any type of amnesty. For that I am evil. So be it. I voted on both polls and was called all types of names. I will not feel guilty for anything I get. I have realized that most ppl here only care about what is best for themselves. I should join that club. The amnesties will give me a lot I do not have now. Will it be good for the game? LOL Not in this life. Will it lower the value of the rares? You bet. Have I held on to rares? Yes. Did I lose gifts? Yes. Do I need more? No. Do I have them on the entitled accounts at this time? No. If you can't beat them join them.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I can buy into the theory that the amnesty is going to lower the value of rares, but at this point I don't see that that matters a whole lot since nobody has any money to purchase rares in EA Land or TC3 yet anyway, even if the prices were cut mega significantly from what they were in the production cities. Still, I can understand the concern there for the future value of rares when people do get some simoleans stockpiled, even though I'm betting that alot of people will opt for cash out in EA Land over buying pixelated rares....LOL, though the value of rares in TC3 could still be an issue since there is no option to cash out, nor am I wagering there will be lots of traders willing to trade simoleans from TC3 to EA Land.

What I don't get is your argument against locks amnesty. This will not affect the economy adversely or positively, so I don't get why you'd be against locks being based on account age rather than sim age. Can you explain that? Not trying to flame or corner you at all, just honestly curious because I think alot of the flaming might have come from players being perplexed as I am, but phrasing their misunderstanding as a jab/flame rather than a question of "Why?
"

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

STOP POSTING THREADS ABOUT GIFTS.

Jesus christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't say the name of the Lord in vain.

Thank you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Jesus christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT and PTL!!!

I pray to that same Lord that this will be the last time this thread is bumped. I need KIR's dead horse pic. The decision has been made, and its too late for anybody to do anything about it. Those who have not received their gifts will in fact receive a gift when the amnesty rolls around, you just will not be able to double dip. But really what's the big deal with that when rares like gifts have no value in game right now since everybody's broke? Why else would someone want 2 gifts other than to sell one, with the possible exception of using the 2nd one as a gift, but I highly suspect that will be an extreme minority that use the 2nd gift for that purpose. Enough is enough people, you commiserated for a long time about this...it's time to progress through the grief process into acceptance. For those who do not believe in the Christian God, here is a saying that should be chanted by those that are having difficulties dealing with some of the changes.

God (any God) grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

So no, this is not turnin into a religious thing, the above can be said by anybody in any religion that has a deity......and gaining that serenity will not only help you it will help all of us around you. Otherwise say CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Jesus christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT and PTL!!!

I pray to that same Lord that this will be the last time this thread is bumped. I need KIR's dead horse pic. The decision has been made, and its too late for anybody to do anything about it. Those who have not received their gifts will in fact receive a gift when the amnesty rolls around, you just will not be able to double dip. But really what's the big deal with that when rares like gifts have no value in game right now since everybody's broke? Why else would someone want 2 gifts other than to sell one, with the possible exception of using the 2nd one as a gift, but I highly suspect that will be an extreme minority that use the 2nd gift for that purpose. Enough is enough people, you commiserated for a long time about this...it's time to progress through the grief process into acceptance. For those who do not believe in the Christian God, here is a saying that should be chanted by those that are having difficulties dealing with some of the changes.

God (any God) grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

So no, this is not turnin into a religious thing, the above can be said by anybody in any religion that has a deity......and gaining that serenity will not only help you it will help all of us around you. Otherwise say CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. But I thought my question was a valid one. I had no idea that they decided to give the gifts via amnesty. I just wanted what I felt was owed to me.

Thank you.

J

JRock

Oh. Since I got my answer, can you guys lock this thread?

Thanks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh. Since I got my answer, can you guys lock this thread?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
...and perhaps burn it? And scatter the ashes to the wind?