• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT Virginia brush fire... Black Rain?

G

Are you any where near that? My son fresh out of forestry training is headed there to fight that fire. Wish him luck.

G

Bout 3 hours from me it looks to be more toward the coast if I'm seeing the same article

G

Well if you see a skruffy long haired tree hugger covered in soot and carrying a rake, give him a nod. *chuckles*

N

Nerf-Herder

Not me. I'll kick him in the balls, take his rake, and tell him that Dad says, "Hi!"

A

Alex the Gray

I DO wish him luck.
The undersold, unsung and under-appreciated heroes of our country.
Coast-guard para-rescue, para-fire-fighters, etc. They are going into HELL, and they know it up-front. Most of these guys are in AMAZING shape and WAY ABOVE AVERAGE in the realm of human abilities. We sing the praises of rangers, seals, recon; well, these mere rescue mortals are every bit as elite and uber as any team on earth. They ARE the uber-humans. Praise and glory to them all. They save lives and rescue dreams, and we never hear about them and they never get their well deserved glory.
Wow, Kelmo- you should be VERY proud.

G

Oh. Mr T. His last test was to get 35 feet up in a tree and get 235 pounds of dead weight dummy down in 6 seconds. He passed that. He also wields a chain saw. I would let him keep his rake. *nods*

N

Nerf-Herder

Depends, did he just chuck the dummy from the tree when he got up there?

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Depends, did he just chuck the dummy from the tree when he got up there?

[/ QUOTE ]

P

pikon198

Gotta love the Simpsons... Ah yes as for your son Kelmo, ah spotted the tree hugging landlubber and captured the bas'ard with me pirate crew. Ah inquired 'bout the climbing out'a thee tree in under six seconds with a 235lb dummy an's he said twas true indeed. So ah conducted ah'little test for him meself. Us pirates are a very precarious lot around strangers an don't beleive a'most landlubbers. 'Eres what ah'did matey. Ah tied a 235lb dummy to his back and told him he has 6 seconds to walk me plank. An ah'must admit tis landlubber did not fail me test. Yee got a very honest (and quick) lad there Kelmo.

*casting fishing pole and attempts to find the landlubber*

No worries mate this just be another test o'mine, errm...ah... eeeh....Da hold your breathe test! Aha, aye that be it the hold yer breathe test...

*Nervous Grin* Teehee