• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) ... Today we HONOR those who serve...

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...and REMEMBER those we have lost.

Memorial Day, formerly known as Decoration Day is a legal holiday which is celebrated the last Monday in May in most of the United States. The holiday's main meaning is to honor the nation's armed services personnel who were killed in war time. Memorial Day has different meaning to different people. Traditionally the day is marked by parades, memorial speeches, ceremonies, and as the beginning of the summer holidays. Memorial Day was first observed on May 30, 1868 for the purpose of decorating the graves of those killed in the American Civil War.

We should also pay tribute to those great Americans who have served their country, cities, states, and humanity — police, firefighters, members of emergency rescue services, members of our governmental offices, entertainers, astronauts, and anyone else who has passed on and served humanity for the good of our great nation! All these people are the heroes of our times. We don't give it much thought when these people are making us happy or helping us — we just enjoy and accept, and expect the SPIRIT of FREEDOM that they willingly share with us.

L

Lord Drakelord

:thumbup:

*Retired US Army*

I have to say that thru out the 20+ yrs I had in the Army that I was one lucky SOB, being rotated home from such locations as Panama, Germany, just before the S**T hit the fan and watching friends on the news from a state side base. Or putting in my retirement papers just before DS in 91, If I had stay in I would have been sent with the last unit I was in as its 1SG, since I was the senior E7 they had and often fill in as the field 1SG when our 1SG would take a powder and drift off on some burning up leave time. He was placed on medical leave just before the Unit was shipped over and later was discharged due to medical reasons.

One of my state side missions was training basic soldiers on the TOW missle systems, and it was funny, I was so good at my job there I was stuck for 5 years there before rotating to Germany. The funny part was seeing my students from the 82nd return for advance training wearing Combat Infantryman's Badge from Grenada, where I had got shot at before in Panama, years before and it was dubbed police action.

So for all you retired vets out this is for you as well! :thumbup:

P

Plague

thats very nice of you quenn mum as i just got back from iraq myself and im very grateful to be home with my wife and playing this game now lol