• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Hurricane Katrina is category 5

G

I know all the people on the Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi coastline are under mandatory evacuation. For those who have friends & relatives in those areas, I just want to say that I am praying for the best outcome possible, and know that others are as well.

-Skylark

G

Holy [censored]..

I can gurantee us in brevard will get hit with a cat 3-5 this year

G

I too am keeping all of those folks in my thoughts and prayers.

C

Cantwell

I heard the news a few minutes ago on televison and saw the pictures of cars, leaving their homes...
The "hardest" storm here in Germany I saw was "just" category 1 so i can't really imagine what's coming there to you.
I too hope that no one will get harmed or loose something what can't be replaced...
I don't believe in a god... but my good wishes are with you...

G

I can tell you the gas prices have went up like crazy in LA.

L

Limdul

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope that not too many people are hurt. On the gas thing arn't alot of refineries down in that area? That would explain a rise in gas prices.

D

Dirk Straun

<blockquote><hr>

Holy [censored]..

I can gurantee us in brevard will get hit with a cat 3-5 this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't say that, cause us in Osceola County will get it too.

T

The Unholy Seed

Omg, cat 5? Last time I watch a news it was tropical storm Katrina.

Best wishes from the Aloha State. You have my prayers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope that not too many people are hurt. On the gas thing arn't alot of refineries down in that area? That would explain a rise in gas prices.

[/ QUOTE ]

New Orleans has alot of refineries. I'm 3 hours from New Orleans. The gas stations here raised prices, because alot of people are coming this way. We are only expecting to get high winds and rain. Baton Rouge has closed pretty much everything for tomorrow from what I have heard.

K

KronosCWS

From what I hear, the worst may not be the storm itself, but the flooding that will result. Now Orleans is below sea level, and all those nice levies will trap water in the city, rather than let it drain. The last I heard, there could be between 15 and 20 feet of water in the city for a long time. the Weather Channel said that if you aren't at the third story or above, you're in for flooding trouble.

My prayers go out to those poor souls as well.

W

wavace

I spent some time in Metarie, New Orleans, and a few other areas I cant remember.I really enjoyed my time in La. , and my time spent there with the "unique" people who live there. Its a beautiful state , hopefully those that can get out have already, this storm is going to be hell.

G

<font color="purple"> Brook, Trajan and Valeria... Take care of you and yours and help out where ya can.

This looks to be the one that New Orleans has been talking about for 10 years.

I have been watching the news and am worried about the Gulf Port folks too.

The one that have left are all bottlenecked on the highway and now it looks like too little too late.

This is seriously scary folks... My thoughts and prayers to all of you.

</font>

G

I will be crossing my fingers.

There is going to be a lot of mess, but that can be cleaned up. I just hope nobody gets hurt.

Kind regards

I

Ibichi_Wakayama

I live about 80 miles northwest of New Orleans....closer to Baton Rouge. New Orleans I am so afraid will never be the same if this keeps on this track....it just can not handle a hit like this.

Please keep those in LA,MS and AL in your thoughts.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

The gas stations here raised prices, because alot of people are coming this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought price gouging in emergency situations was against the law!
As if gas prices aren't bad enough already! After the storm passes, I'd hate to read that some folks had no choice but to stay because of price gouging, and subsequently lost their lives because of greed.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who are affected by this storm. Keep safe.

G

I am Veneger (KSS)

Thank you all for the well wishes. I am farther west, near Lafayette, relatively safe being its on the western side of the storm.

Its looking very bad tho for those eastward of here.

My friends from New Orleans are leaving, since NO is UNDER sea level in many places, and the Levee is some 14' hig, whereas the storm surge is predicted to be as high as 28'

God bless those people who either refuse or cannot leave

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An ex-Floridian here who has seen his share of hurricanes. That has to be one of the most ugliest storms to ever track a major city.

If you're down there, leave now. My thoughts and best wishes to all affected by this thing.

Jack Nickelson

I

imported_Castor

here is a bump and my thoughts are with you down there