• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Dream Job

M

MuseDeDannan

I am sorry for the non UO related post, yet again but I just had to share another bit of good news. After everything in my life seemingly falling down around my head and my sense of security falling apart ... in addition to getting my GED ... I finally got, what I consider to be, a DREAM JOB! I worked my ass off to get this job and kept pestering and hounding the company letting them know how badly I wanted it, today they finally hired me!!! YAY!!!! It's $24,000 a year to start which, I know, doesn't seem like much to a lot of people but for a 25 year old college drop out in southern Utah that's like ... unheard of!!! And it's in a field I've always wanted to be in ... computer technology and web design!!!! I'm so excited I could just scream!

Thanks for letting me get it all out, I feel better now.

I

imported_Fran Fury

Congrats!!
I'm happy for you!

How happy you are and how much you enjoy your job can mean a lot more then how much you make.

G

Thats Just Great!!!!! Fran Gets MOD job, now Muse is a Dev!!! Dam I am going to run for Pres then!!!!!!! Congrats Muse hope its everything you wanted!!!!!!

I

imported_lindylou

Congrats, Muse!! Knowing you have a job that you love is so important.

M

MuseDeDannan

thank you all so much! My friend and I went to dinner and then had a few glasses of wine and sang some songs at the bar to celebrate. Tomorrow is the first day ... wish me luck!

G

You've done pretty damn fine for yourself, Muse. Keep it up ... from a 30+ year veteran of IT to a rookie!

You go girl!
<high-5!!!>

G

*offers a patron silver shot to the new "Had too much to drink MOD"*!

I

imported_Desolation87

Congrats! Remember, money doesn't make you happy! Well, thats what us poor people say anyway! Better to have a job you enjoy and can work at than have one that you hate and can't stand, regardless of wage!

G

Congrats on the dream job!

I'm highing high school grads at 38,000 here in Edmonton.

I

imported_tek

Curious – what’s the name of the company in Edmonton? A guy I worked with last year is now working at NAIT.