• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT Dell is now selling MMORPG branded gaming Laptops

G

ROFL ... PWNED

PS they also got other online games packages such as Tabula Rasa

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

I wonder who at EA-Mythic, what hapless marketing guy, is gonna get fired just for not thinking of that first?

-Galen's player

G

<blockquote><hr>

So where is our fancy UO branded Gaming Laptop with KR pre-installed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, given the level of EA's interest in this game, I think that would be one of these:

G

I suspect that would come from EA itself, not our little studio.

(Besides, how would y'all feel about XPS-branded crystal balls popping up all over?)

A

Al Thorin

Hopefully never, and I hope anyone buying one of those gets it stolen, or beat up.

I'll give that, yes, it's 'cool', but it's cool in a really pathetic way.

BUT, that is just my opinion, and wouldn't complain in the least if I found (and could afford) a fantasy styled/branded laptop.

Hypocrisy +3
WoW Hater +15

I

imported_Vyrquenox

I say the dell dude should be a new peerless type, placed in the Forboding Lavatory and guarded by the sniveling CSR's. (no offense to any particular person, I was one once.)

They can say stuff too, like "We thank you for your time" and "Please refer to subsection C of Section B of paragraph 435, line 256, portion 2a, in which your concerns won't certiainly not be addressed as much as is impossible."

The peerless reward for defeating him would, of course, be a broken toaster that a grandmaster tinker can repair to retrieve laser packs and other useful items.

Get that reference and I'll send you a shiny ball of foil.

G

I still rofl looking at these pathetic "gaming" laptops. I could take any PC slap graphics on it jack the price up and call it something similar and make a killing.

There is nothing special about these from what I have seen and if you are serious about gaming you know what a good machine consists of.

As an example. Right now I can buy an AMD Phenom 9000 quad core processor 4 GB of Corsair XMS unbuffered ram and a nice ECS motherboard to mount it on. Then buy a Western Digital RaptorX 10k RPM hard drive and a Radeon X1950 Pro 512 MB video card and have one hell of a nice gaming machine including the case and misc little things you can build that for 800 - 900 USD so why would you spend 4 to 5k on one of those pre-built "gaming" PCs that comes pre-loaded with a bunch of garbage you don't want?

I went all out on my machine and still only spent 2300 USD and I was not trying to save money anywhere. We are talking a PAIR of 20" Acer LCD monitors and a PAIR of 150GB RaptorX hard drives costing 800 for monitors and hard drives alone. I also went with a PAIR of 512 Radeon X1950 GT video cards in this and paid about 50 a piece for my keyboard mouse and headset. and still I only spent 2300 about half what most places charge for a gaming machine consisting of half what mine has...

I suppose laptops are a whole different story because you can't really custom build them but I have seen much much cheaper models that could stomp the above mentioned for a fraction of the cost so I have to wonder why someone would pay that for fancy graphics on the case lol.