• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT:Cruise lines

S

Sir Ha-ward

Ive recently decided to go on another vacation soon and was wanting some input from those of you who have cruised before. Ive been on numerous Carnival cruises but none of the others. Can anyone compare for me the other cruise lines according to your own preference?

Royal seems to be expensive but from the looks of the boats they may well be worth the price.

Norwegian seems prices very well but ive never seen one of their boats so i dont know if im getting lower quality due to the lower price or if the price is lower due to a low demand for the route that im looking at.

Any input on either of those two would be great .

I

imported_Goron

I've done norwegian and carnival- among others.
In my opinion, norwegian is no less quality than carnival- if not better.
I cannot comment on Royal.

After doing NCL and norwegian I don;t think I'd ever want to go Carnival again...

G

Working for a travel agency the post popular taken cruises were Carnival Norwegian and Royal. Often depended on what the customer wanted, for their money, some cruises are more planned everything even seating arrangements at the dinner table, which some like and others hate.. to so planned if it is 2pm it MUST be shuffle board time...........*rolls eyes*

Depends oft on ye bank roll and your like or dislike for organised pre arranged detail/s too.

The 4th most popular cruises for the more daring folks, were...Windjammer cruises.

'not like any of this helped' but also investigate *each cruise lines safety or sink records *
as well as way too stuffy organised pre planned as to even nearly having everyone go to the bathroom at the same time in black tie and tux..to those offering more freedom on their ship as to activities or not wishing to fool with something just cuz it is IN the cruise package, and thus more canned daily routines, planned around what appeals, for most of the passengers to participate in while on board.

M

majorwoo

I've done Royal Carribean, but I've not other company to compare it to personally. My wife worked as a travel agent, and basically laid them out this way:

Disney: Go for the kids
Carnival: Go with your kids for them, and for you
Royal Carribean: Your kids wont have as much fun as you if you go, but they'll be fine
Norwegian: Mostly adults, not a ton of kid stuff