• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Atlantis found? National Geo TV tonight at 9pm (ET)

T

Trebr Drab

Is there no OT forum anymore?

Anyways, I just found this on a Science Daily.

• A new National Geographic Channel documentary, Finding Atlantis, which will be broadcast nationally on Sunday, March 13, at 9 p.m. ET/PT, follows a team of American, Canadian, and Spanish scientists as they employ satellite space photography, ground penetrating radar, underwater archaeology, and historical sleuthing in an effort to find a lost civilization.
  • Finally, Finding Atlantis presents the viewer with what is quite possibly the most intriguing piece of archaeology ever associated with Atlantis. Recently discovered 2,800-year-old ruins display an image carved in stone of what looks to be an Atlantean warrior -- guarding the entrance to the lost, multi-ringed city.

Excerpts from the site.
This is intriguing, and I'm recording it in case I get interrupted.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the heads up, just set it to record.

Now a message from our good friend Donovan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leI7sfmipuI[/youtube]

T

Tazar

UO-Off Topic has been moved to Stratics Central so that members from other games could easily find it and participate. The new forum is located here.

C

ChReuter

Yeah, I read a bloody news article on Reuters concerning this TV special. Seemed to me as nothing more than Reuters giving the show free advertising. They didn't even show any photos or other relevant information in what I can only assume as being a tactic to get readers to more likely watch the rubbish.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to be really upset if it's nothing like the Atlantis from Stargate Atlantis :(

T

Trebr Drab

I was very disappointed by that. I expected more from National Geographic than that bunch of sensationalism. Although there is some interesting things there, as far as the ancient history of mankind and civilizations and all.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*tips hat* Just made it offcial... We are now in OT.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Welcome to OT!

F

Fayled Dhreams

I was very disappointed by that. I expected more from National Geographic than that bunch of sensationalism. Although there is some interesting things there, as far as the ancient history of mankind and civilizations and all.

:scholar: The "tip off" should have been:

They couldn't get Geraldo Rivera to narrate it ... :hahaha:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm going to be really upset if it's nothing like the Atlantis from Stargate Atlantis :(
Actually, the look of Stargate Atlantis was ripped off from the sunken spaceship city (only called Atlantis in some non-screen references) from the anime movie "Macross: Do You Remember Love?" Even the Wraith were somewhat reminiscent of the "Macross 7" bad guys, and the Ancients similar to the Protoculture (complete with being brought down by the warriors they created in their own image, though the Zentradi were organic, instead of mechanical like the replicators).

Stargate SG-1's writers were quite the Macross fans, as those weren't the only references (like making the first couple of Earth-built ships the Daedalus & Prometheus).

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
show seems to me to be a "get funding" show

they showed very little evidence and the 2 small statues probably acidently fell out of someones pockets.
the under water guys saying the rocks looked man-made were stretching it alot.

lorddog