• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Atlantic shard... hehehe.

G

The Atlantic shard has been down for almost 12 hours now... Muhahaha! That's UO's way of welcoming in the new year.

Happy 2008 all you Atlantian!!! Good Luck in the future...

G

Those hackers regularly break their server.

There's a couple funny old Crazy Joe stories about major bugs that crashed the server:

1. For a while, slimes would split when damaged, so using an area affect spell repeatedly would get thousands of them - slowing the server. It got worse when the slimes went grey and town NPCs would attack them.

2. For a while, guards would go grey when they whacked a PC and could in-turn be GW'd, so getting someone GW'd would set off a cascade of GW'ings of guards, with 2 guards showing up every time a guard was whacked. This shut the server down really fast.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend of mine on Atlantic tamed all the polar bears on ice island. He put them all on a boat so he could train peace keeping. This was pre UO:R. A GM showed up and told him he couldn't do that because he was making the whole shard lag.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

1. For a while, slimes would split when damaged, so using an area affect spell repeatedly would get thousands of them - slowing the server. It got worse when the slimes went grey and town NPCs would attack them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was on Atlantic... and I was there when it happened. We successfully crashed the server... oh, good times.

R

RobY330i

Since we're on the subject of Atlantic, is there anyone interested in gold exchange from siege to Atlantic?

G

I don't know you, so I will have to suggest you contact Cybernickel. He's the trusted broker here.

S

Sir Ha-ward

Ill send you Ardens icq he is another trusted broker as well.